Complications with Lift! - New Philadelphia, PA

I had a lift almost six weeks ago, and am on my...

I had a lift almost six weeks ago, and am on my 5th set of stitches, and have been in absolute hell, and crazy pain, has anyone else had there stitches just keep bursting , my boobs are to heavy or my skin is to thin they are not holding, after having another trip to the doctors this nMorning ,crying and barely able to move he decided to not put anymore stitches in and am now walking around with to very large about lit larger than a quarter on both breasts open wounds that are extremely painful ands not to mention very ugly ..my pain is terrible and looks terrible . My skin just keeps tearing open, but dr keeps saying he gonna fix it. And they are so sore . Am going crazy.....missing a lot of work and thinking that the wounds are not gonna heal like the dr said......extremely upset !

Hello, I am now on my first full week of trying to...

Hello, I am now on my first full week of trying to heal my very large open wounds , both breasts, size of a large plum , extremely painful , after being stitched up 5times and them busting open each time my surgery was to months ago, I am extremely depressed , my plastic surgeon said the will heal in three weeks last week he said to weeks , there is no way in hell these will be gone I. Three weeks they r only gtn worse not better ..everyday trying to shower is unbelievable .....I have socks , washcloths in my sports bra trying to keep my breast fr moving at all . It is so painful when I left my ams bend over walk to fast or accidental bump into anything my life is on compete hold....this sucks I al trying to get appt with another dr it haven't called backyet...I also put pics up but I guess I didn't do correct I didn't c I will try again hope u have a strong stomach thou........

This is an older pic it much worse now

This is an older pic it much worse now

This pic is from last week it is much worse, and...

This pic is from last week it is much worse, and thank u I am going to c another doctor m doc dosent act like it a big deal , it's crazy .....

Hi I'm so sorry to hear about this. Who is the Doctor?
Do you have implants in there? I am curious because i think that's when there are problems.. best wishes
I do have implants , prob being the prob causing them to rip open so many times?.but I'm trying to be patient. ,c dr in the morning ...keep ya posted thank u
How are you doing today?
Well I am still dealing with very large sores ..or open wounds ..changing dressing twice a day..not any change ..the pain has gotten a little better..but if I happen to get water or god forbid soap soap or shampoo on them in the shower , which I always do i am in extreme pain for to hours after my shower..it's been three months at this rate I think they will take a few more months to heal ..just came back from a week vaca and can not even think about wearing a bathing suit top..only tube tops to hold up my bandages...it never ends!
If you still have "open" wounds, i would URGE you to speak to your dr. about doing the wet to dry method...basically you soak a small gauze pad in saline water, pack it onto the wound and tape over with dry gauze, when it dries the next day you pull it off dry, it helps to debride the wound and close anything open. (I had to do this for 2-3 weeks), then once they closed, my dr. gave me some gauze-type material to tape on and when pulled off it soaks up any residual, I did that for about a week until i noticed nothing more coming off on the pad....right now i am doing a paint-on silicone and then at night put vitamin E on. I am 2 months post op, and it feels like FOREVER!! My left implant still hasn't dropped, and now i am suppose to be massaging but it hurts... i guess that is what the massage is for...Please print out what i recommended as my surgeon treated me with.... He should be having you do something to help the incisions close/heal. Good luck, keep us posted
My dr is against dry... And it would hurt so bad if I get them dry ...I will c him in the morning and I will ask him again.q. Tks for the advice ..keep ya posted
well, from my own experience, and a surgeon who seems to know how to heal these issues, it's no just dry gauze, it's called wet to dry, you could find info on it on here. There is no reason your dr. is just doing nothing to help these close over and heal : ( 3 months is not good to still have open wounds.... i had implants (smaller ones) put in with mine so i know what you are dealing with, and your dr. just seems like he isn't up on wound healing.
Also, using the saline soaked gauze will stop the pain, and when it dries you pull it off, it may hurt for a moment but it debrides the wound.
Hello, well went to dr again and just like I thought he is very against dry method..I have no debre on my sores they are superficial open skin wounds .. They are not deep at all . And is currently growin tissue and blood cells and the skin is the last to grow on the top..I have gotten a few opinion s and my dr is giv me the best advise...so we will c..he said if they get dry it will scab and be like a very bad case of dry lips and ..I think he has a point because when I tal dry them the pain is so bad have to get the ointment on really fast to ease pain ....will keep ya posted.
I'm 4 weeks post op and my incisions have opened as well. I can't say that I'm at your level of discomfort, but I wanted to say that my doctor recommended the same treatment for me as well. I both incisions on my breast opened up. I can relate to what you're going through and I wish and hope that everything will get better with time. I've always heard that the plastic surgeon is always to the best person to go back to when complications arise because they know what they did and know how to fix it. So hopefully that rings true for your PS. Get well soon love.
Hi, I am reading this from Australia and would like to reccomend that you try and get hold of a supplement fromthe health food store. It's liquid zinc [any brand]. Most of the world's poulation in the Western world is zinc deficient because of our mineral deficient soils and our food production processes. Zinc is concentrated in the husks of grains but we mainly eat grains [rice, wheat etc] that have had that part removed. The only convenient way to get enough zinc is to supplement . Zinc is essential for the proper healing of wounds. It is essential to a myriad of processes that go on in the body. Shame on your Dr. Just goes to show how little he knows. If you know someone who has a calendula plant I reccomend that you get a few leaves and bang them gently [this is to bruise them to release the healing compounds] with the handle of a kitchen utensil and then put them on your wounds and wrap with bandages. Twice a day. Also it is common knowledge in some hospitals around the world that Manuka honey with a high UMF [18+ or higher] is extremely potent at not only healing ulcers on the body [open wounds] when all else fails, but it kills the bacteria on and around the ulcer. This could be very helpful for you. You should be able to get that honey at a drug store or health food store. It may be expensive.. A 250g jar costs $57 here in Australia. Calendula is known as the wonder healer of skin.The honey can just be applied twice a day without having to remove the previous application. Unless you have rotting tissue which should be moved off gently. Too much washing of the wound is counterproductive. If you do bathe it. let it dry for 10 mins before applying fresh honey etc. I dont know what the ratio of zinc will be in your bottle, but you need to be consuming about 15mg of zinc 3 times a day. The label will probably say zinc sulphate [or other] equivalent to zinc...11mg per half teaspoon. Its the zinc measurement you should follow, not the zinc sulphate measurement . I hope this makes sense. Best wishes, Sandra
Thank u for you information, the ointment I am usin has zinc In it ..if that helps...hopefully but I will look into what you have wrote ....thank you so much)
Sandra- they do have the Manuka honey here in the states called MediHoney. My friend a wound care nurse gave me some. It really helped. I am also taking Zinc too. Good advice but I would have to say, finding medical grade honey isn't so easy around here. My doc too say wet to dry by my wound care nurse (certified) said, no way.
Please go to another Doctor...this is not normal! Please keep us posted.
Ouch! looks very red, or is it just the pic? If the area is very painful, swollen and/or pink or red i would insist on antibiotics.... even if you don't have an infection you certainly don't want to get one. I have seen similar on a friend of mine... her's took awhile to heal, but in time it did, and it was hardly noticeable. Like i said, i have 3 incision areas that have small "holes" that didn't close in the last 3 weeks...my dr. has me putting saline soaked gauzed in them, and covered with dry gauze... the saline may also help with any pain you are having, please contact your dr., and insist he do something for the pain... although sometimes keeping it dry and "aired out" may help with faster healing. Again, it's very important to prevent an infection, although it's unclear if it is infected... is it possible to go to an urgent care type place, or ER? Also, please request a copy of your operative report for your own records... it is possible depending on sutures used, you could be having n allergic reaction :(
Thank you for you concern I have almost went to Er. Many times ...they will only call my dr if I did and tried to get another dr to c me and he said I have to stay with my dr . To soon after my surgery. So I am at his mercy for now...I will keep posting tks ladies)
I'm in the same boat as you... my incision that either didn't close, or opened up, is at the same place yours is, on both sides but the right side is about the size of a dime and is OPEN open... I just have to keep it packed with saline soaked gauze, you should ask your dr. about doing this... I came across your post because i was searching for similar posts and this is what most dr's have you do. Just keep it clean and maybe lightly cover it with gauze, please keep us updated....
Hi, I am 3 weeks PO today from revision BA & a BL. Yesterday i had dr. appt, suspected some issue with my right breast vertical/horizontal junction, the incisions are closed except 2 spots on the right and one on the left, also at this junction. they are about the size of a dine or smaller, am hoping they heal, my dr. took all steristrips off, but i have to do the wet/dry gauze packing into the open areas once a day, i don't go back for 10 days! He said there was no infection...from what i have been reading this seems to be what others have to do. Does your dr. have you doing this? Have you sought out any suggestions from your primary dr, perhaps a wound care specialist....?

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your open wounds. I agree with the other women; get on antibiotics to avoid infection, see your primary care doctor and get some more opinions as soon as you can. Wondering if you're allergic to the stitches? Here is a link from the RealSelf Doctor Q&A regarding open wounds such as yours. Perhaps this will provide some additional info. My prayers are with you. Keep us posted!

I'm concerned about the Doctor you chose, especially if you only paid $2400 for a lift? Did you get implants too?
I only paid that because he did put my implants in three yrs ago and should of givin me a lift at that time so he gave me a break....I am now havin less pain in the rite breast but the left one is extremely painful so swollen and heavy the open sore is the size of a plum now not a quarter and I am goin in sane . Is seein the dr I. The morning again.
Have you considered having the implants removed...they look too heavy for your tissue..and might eventually 'bottom out'..best wishes
i think it's impossible to tell from looking at the breast from this angle if the implants are too big, etc. The issue is when getting a lift the T intersection of sutures is the weakest spot and unfortunately holds the most weight... this happened to me being 3 weeks PO, I not only had much smaller implant switch but also the lift.
I can only say from experience that if it were me..I would have them removed. I did!! best wishes....