Tummy Tuck, Lipo of Flanks Waist and Back - New Orleans, LA

So glad I had it done. I was told i shouldnt...

So glad I had it done. I was told i shouldnt because i am 235 and only 5'2. I knew i wouldnt be skinny i just wanted to get rid of my big hanging apron. I went in to have my consult and Dr. Pelias and her staff was very helpful and informative. I have been turned downed by so many doctors because i am obese. But Dr. Pelias understand my grief and what i wanted accomplished. I am now 10 days post op and i am healing great. My drains were removed 6 days post op. Im still wearing my binder but i just ordered a fajas from ebay for $79. I will update wgen it gets in.

a few more pics

Here are a few more pics.

having a bad day 12 days post op

I woke up to a fever, chills and aches. My incision is opening up and its infected. The doctor said my drains came out too early and the fluid inside maybe infected. Waiting to get my antibiotics now.

ok i wish the drains were still in... huh...

My drains came out on its own 5 or 6 days after my surgery. The left side, i knew would be fine b/c the output was less than 25cc/24 hour. But the right side was still putting out 50-60cc. So with that, i have a built up seroma that needed to be drained. My doctor drained it and i felt 100% better. There is some infection. Im taking bactrim and levofloavin.. the strong stuff. So she aspirated the seroma now my dressing is a big maxi pad to absorb the fluid. But the fluid is still building up on my right side, at least with the drains in place, the fluid was being drawn out. With this method, i feel like my belly is holding up a gallon jug. Not cute at all.

pleased but still not flat

It's been 8 months since my surgery and I do love that I look better in clothes but naked my stomach is not flat on one side. Its not symmetric. I feel like my surgeon should fix it but she says eventually it will flatten out. Idk...
New Orleans General Surgeon

Love! Love! Love! My doctor!

OAN:::: they say it takes up to an 1yr for some to completely flatten out.... I Pray that it works out for the both of us
thanks for the encouragement!! I sure hope so.. I want it to be flat. I have been working out hard. I started out just walking 2 miles 3 months post op. Now I am walking and jogging 4 to 5 miles 4 to 5 times a week. I do feel so much better without my BIG Apron Double BELLY! LO!! Take care!
Girl YOU was my inspiration!!! When I 1st seen your profile...I use to check it to see have you posted and everything..... YOU did awesome with your weight loss..... We are the same height.... My goal will be achieve and I sticking to that..... Point blank!!!! We got this... Loving your results.... keep me posted........Verrrrry HAPPY for YOU!!!!
Thank you for sharing! My stomach is pretty identical to your Preop belly so I'm very excited after seeing how great you look!
OMG you gave me hope!!! Mines is scheduled for May 22nd!!! My stomach looks like yours and Plus I am 5'2 and wanted to see someone who was around my height. Of course I am in the transition of losing weight but as of right now I am currently your weight now. My ideal goal is to get to 190 by my *BIG DAY*..... I cannot wait to upload my pictures!! Stay tune because this FINE DIVA is about to be on the FLAT SIDE!!!! OMG!! I AM SUPER EXCITED NOW!!!
Thanks for the nice review. It is great that you are willing to share your story with other patients considering the procedure. You look terrific and I am glad you are feeling terrific now too! www.drpelias.com
How are u
I'm sorry to hear ur having a difficult recovery... That's one of the things I'm scared about is the drains comming out... idk what to use to hold them I see in one pic its attached yo ur garment how did u do that. When did the dr say u can u use anything for the scar?
Sorry and... Ps looks like ur having great results instantly ;-)
Trying to update but rs is having some technical issues.
How is the pain level
The pain level is about at a 10 at first but it gets better after maybe tge 7 th day post op.
Hi I hope your feeling better!!
Yes, much better. I really felt like death. Thanks. :)
I'm sorry about the infection. On the upside you're already looking good!!
Thank you!
Get well soon!! Your still looking good. Take it easy and get some rest..
Thank you!
Hope you get better soon! I know about wanting that extra skin off, as I'm not at my ideal body weight ( which is 138-144 lbs , I was at 168 lbs on my sx day)
I am so happy my apron is gone. And thanks fir the well wishes.
Wow! WHat a huge difference! I'm so glad you found someone to do your surgery! I'm sorry you are having complications. Let us know how you are healing. Good luck!
Thank you! I will try to post as much as possible. Because i have stalked this page enough searching for answers, therefore i want to be as informative as i kind for the next person seeking to have a tt.
*can
Your looking good! Its not always about your weight excess skin can cause a lot of problems. I'm right behind my tt is 11/14.
Thank you. Good luck with your surgery. Keep me posted.