Punch Excision for Acne Scars on Cheeks - Pictures Included - New Jersey

Just completed Punch Excision on Ice Pick acne...

Just completed Punch Excision on Ice Pick acne scars and wanted to share my experience. The procedure was painless, except for the novocaine needle which actually hurt more than I expected. It's very important that you trust your Dr. because there is cutting and sutures involved in this procedure if not done correctly, it will look worse than before the procedure.

I had to keep the bandages on for 6 days and not get my face wet so if you have the option, I would take off work unless you feel like explaining to everyone why you have bandages on your face, greasy hair and a full beard. I am one day post stitches so will update as time goes on but overall, I am please with the texture and am looking forward to the skin healing properly. Also wanted to share that I have had two Fraxel treatments prior to doing this and received very little to NO improvement on my acne scars. I did benefit from an overall improvement in my skin, but that was it. If you have deep acne scars, do not bother with Fraxel laser and go right to excision.

I've included the pictures but anyone with this type of scarring knows, pictures dont really show you a lot. Its much more obvious to the human eye in real time and under certain lighting. I had to get 11 holes excised on my right side and 2 on my left.
The after picture is the day I got the stitches removed. One day later it still looks like this.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Board certified, listens.

Where are the pictures?

Hi Jets,

Thanks for joining  and welcome to the RealSelf community. I'm glad you found a doctor that could help. Did you take off work or did you have to explain to everyone about bandages, greasy hair and full beard ;) Your review will be so helpful to the community. Please  keep us updated on how you are doing.

Thanks,