Rhinoplasty: My Journey (1/17/12 - 3/28/12) - Maryland

Hello. I just wanted to start my log on my journey...

Hello. I just wanted to start my log on my journey to rhinoplasty. I'm a 27 year old male seeking rhinoplasty. Basically, I've never been happy with my nose and I've finally decided to do something about it.

I've had 2 consultations so far over the past month. I've met with the following two surgeons: 1) Dr. Jonathan Pontell (Media, PA) 2) Dr. Eric Joseph (West Orange, NJ) I have a third consultation setup on 2/14/12 with Dr. Thomas Le in Baltimore, MD. If you're curious, please see my attached morphs below compliments of Dr. Pontell.

3rd consultation: 2/12/14 with Dr. Thomas Le (SEE...

3rd consultation: 2/12/14 with Dr. Thomas Le (SEE REVIEW BELOW)

SURGERY DATE BOOKED!!!!! I've decided to...

SURGERY DATE BOOKED!!!!!

I've decided to go with Dr. Thomas Le in Maryland and my surgery date is March 28, 2012. Thank you everyone for your support. Hopefully I made the right decision!

Wish me luck :)

Almost there! Wednesday is the day. Wish me luck :)

Almost there! Wednesday is the day. Wish me luck :)
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Overall, I had an absolutely wonderful experience with Dr. Le and his staff. They are all both highly professional and courteous. Dr. Le is not only extremely skilled in his craft, but he has a kind and caring demeanor that is unique to this industry. My surgery was completed on March 28, 2012. I am now about 15 months post-surgery and the results have clearly exceeded my expectations. Dr. Le did a marvelous job with the procedure and I cannot thank him enough. It was a truly blessing to find a doctor as talented and caring as Dr. Le. If anyone has any additional questions regarding my surgery, please feel free to contact me on here via private message. I would be more than happy to answer any questions or provide a more in-depth analysis of my experience with Dr. Le. Thanks!

Hey, it's been a few months and I was hoping for an update with photos!!! Hope you are doing well!
Good luck!!! Keep us posted on your experience :)
Good luck hun, im the day after you I'm getting nervous now xx
Good luck, your a day before me!
Good luck to you too!
Good luck! Dr. Le's reputation is impeccable. I live in Baltimore and he is highly respected and sought after.
Thanks Bag snob! I appreciate the support :)

Good luck, that is just around the corner!!!!

SURGERY DATE BOOKED!!!!!

Wish me luck :)

Thanks for the update!  Good work on doing your homework and really thinking your decision through. :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Just wanted to post a quick update on my "journey."

2/14/12: I had a 9 AM appointment this morning with Dr. Thomas Le in Elliot City,MD. It was a long drive for me from North Jersey but I think it was well worth it. The consultation went extremely well and I felt very comfortable around Dr. Le as he went into great detail and gave me an in-depth analysis on his procedures.

I will be making my decision over Pontell, Joseph, and Le over the next few days/week. I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks for the support!

Sounds good!

Thanks Kate! I appreciate your support :) I'll keep you and everyone posted.

I haven't had my nose done, but I've had another "enhancement." :)  I can tell you though that if my nose bothered me I would fix it.

I have a lot of friends that have gotten their noses down, and it is really neat seeing the difference and how confident they feel afterward.  My advice is to not change it in a way though that you look like an entirely different person. I would just fix the area that is bothering you.  With the photo I saw that seemed like a great nose for you.

You also want to make sure you go to a doctor that listens to your needs.  Reading the great reviews, looking at photos, reading the doctors answers, and going in for a few different consultations will help you decide.  I think before/afters are a great way to really see the doctors' talent.  I personally think the nose is the hardest plastic surgery procedure.

Thanks Kate! I am definitely taking my time in finding the right surgeon who is both skilled and has an aesthetic eye. Have you had yours done? I've never had surgery before so I'm kind of nervous about going under anesthesia... :/

There are a lot of great doctors in your area.  Take a look at the photo gallery and that may help you decide on doctors too!

I would totally say go for it.  Noses give you character and they also give you confidence.  If it is really bothering you then you should do what makes you happy. :)

I love the after photo for the first result, that looks really nice.

Thanks for your comment Kate. I was on the fence about the surgery but after I saw that morph I was convinced. Crossing my fingers to find the right surgeon who can do that :)
The photos look great!!
Thanks Jo! I agree :)
How did you like Dr. Eric Joseph (West Orange, NJ)? Have a consult with him this week but may cancel.
He was very nice and easy going. Dr. P also came off as very kind and caring. Both surgeons made me feel very comfortable. I've heard a lot of great things about Dr. Le so it's going to be a tough decision between the 3 of them...
Don't think you should cancel he is really great...go to the consult and get a feel for him yourself
I would agree with this as well.
hi, i just had a consultation with dr. le yesterday for a primary rhinoplasty. the consultation was long and covered everything. i think he is a good surgeon. good luck.