Considering Mommy Makeover W/Tummy Tuck & BA W/Lift or Just a TT - New Jersey, NJ

Well...First I just want to say that this site is...

Well...First I just want to say that this site is AMAZING and has really made this decision very easy for me. Reading all of the success stories and being able to view real pictures from real women has just been wonderful. I thank you all for sharing!

I am a 40 year old mother of 4...and I just became a MiMi(Grandmother) in June!! All of my children, ages 20, 13 and 10yr old twins have been vaginal births. My first two were almost 9lbs each and my twins totalled 13lbs together. Can you say STRETCHED until I couldn't stretch anymore?? Starting out at 130lbs with my first and gaining 50lbs with him, I bounced back pretty well and did the same with he second...but with the twins, I was over 200lbs. Months after giving birth, I had to have my whole thyroid gland removed. With that came an immediate gain of 40lbs! I pretty much had NO metabolism and had to work really, really, really hard to lose anything. That has been the story of my life for the past 10years...

So January 2012, I made the decision to finally work extra hard and lose this weight...especially with this year being the year of 40 AND FABULOUS!! I wanted to embrace this new era in my life and be happy. At 5'4 1/2", my weight topped 262lbs! When I turned 40 in August 2012, I was down to 208lbs!! I lost 54lbs and feel FABULOUS!! I still want to lose another 30-40lbs before any procedure and I'm hoping I can! My hope is to get rid of this double belly I have...and these droopy boobs. My hubby is very excited and behind me 100%. Now... I just need to find a reputable board certified plastic surgeon and I'm hoping NOT to have to spend an arm and a leg...LOL! Wishful thinking right?? Does anyone know of any good docs in the Tri-state area?? I haven't gone on any consults in years. I went to one before and the doctor wouldn't even consider it until I was under 200lbs. That was disheartening...so now when I go, I shouldn't have to hear that again. How many should I consult with before making a decision? Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. These next 4-5 months will fly by and then it will be my turn!! Excited and scared...

I'm with you and the fabulous 40 deal! I lost 55 lbs the good old fashioned way, exercise and changing the diet. Do not do hcg like one commenter suggested, it's bad stuff, I know from experience. I actually worked with a personal trainer 2x a week for a long time and that has really made a big difference in sticking to it. I discovered I am gluten intolerant and eliminated it from my diet and the weight dropped like crazy. Feel healthier than ever and have met my goal. It's time for my mommy makeover tomorrow! You can do it!
Have you ever tried Omni HCG Drops for the weight loss. FANTASTIC!!!. I lost 51 pounds and 32 inches in 5 months. Take a look - www.omnitrition.com/terrytrimble.
It's a journey you can obviously do though! The second video on this link is very inspiring!!! http://www.realself.com/guide/video-tummy-tuck-webinar I don't know if you've seen it before or not. I loved the first video because it gave me the reassurance why my muscles no longer worked and that they could work again after my TT! It was my sole reason for going through the TT really. I hope the link opens...

Happy 40th and congrats on the new grandchild! I'm glad you're doing this for yourself. You should check out this great post from JenBob about her mommy makeover. And don't forget to keep us posted on your journey!

Thank you so much!! I'll definitely check it out and I'll be sure to continue to post.
Welcome to the site! This is where I found my PS! I went to a very reputable PS who was local to me and wasn't comfortable with him...uncomfortable enough that I left in tears. I actually drive about 4 hrs to get to my PS. He is worth it to me and even though we started out counting our pennies too, I would pay anything to go to him over someone else. Consider you only have one body ;) Search around well, you live in a wonderful area for choices it seems! Glad to meet you here!
The 'very reputable PS' who was local was just a consult for me ( not sure if that was clear in my comment, sorry)
Thank you so much for your input. I know this is going to be a hard decision but I'm so ready for this adventure. I see you have twins also...LOL. Did they really do a number on your body too? What area do you live in?
I live in Missouri. After surgery, my PS said my abdominal muscles were more than 3" apart starting at my sternum and widening. He had to run a double row of stitches to get them back together. So, yes, twins did a number on me! But aren't they so worth it!!! Before my surgery I couldn't do sit ups, very embarrassing....I am a very fit person. After your TT just imagine how much more you're going to enjoy exercising.....your belly will work! I am so excited about it! You have definitely worked hard to lose the weight you have, congratulations! I know how hard that must have been after twins, Girl.
Oh my gosh!! I can't imagine!! It's probably been 20 years since I've seen any type of ripple of muscle in my belly but I am so so so looking forward to it! And YES...my babies are so worth it. I would never regret having any of my children. Right now it's still hard to do a full crunch but I use the machine at the gym and that helps out a great deal...LOL! Thanks again on the weight loss. It's a wonderful feeling but it's so easy to gain it back if you're not committed, so I can't stop by any means!! I still have another 30-40 to lose so I still have a long journey ahead.