Petite and Worried! - Please Help - New Jersey

Hi everyone, so after reading endless reviwes and...

Hi everyone, so after reading endless reviwes and articles on this "zeltiq" procedure i decided to take the plundge and do it. A little about me : im 5 ft 110 lbs and i go to the gym 3-5 times a week. I want to get this done because i have those stubborn love handles that no matter what i do wont go away and i also have a little pooch in the front with the same problem.

When i went for my consultation the dr. was concerned i didnt have enough fat for the suction on my pooch and i read another reviewers comment (also petite female ) and she said the machine kept sliding off and they had to restart several times and now she has major pains in the area which makes me worried. My love handles i was told was fine but i am now worries about my pooch area. Has anyone had experience of what im talking about and if so what happened during? post? how are you healing? This is a lot of money to spend on something and i want to make sure its done right.

I also had the idea of sitting hunched over while they did the procedure ( because thats when your pooch really hangs out ). Also i am a mixed race and i have darker skin - the dr told me i should start using lighting cream to avoid discoloration? Although i am told there should only be busing im not sure if thats a god idea or not.... PLEASE HELP :(

Hi questionsgirl... any updates? How are you feeling and did you get any results? I'm also dark skinned (not mixed race) and have been curious to know the effect on my skin type. Did you have any discolorations? are your love handles gone? Thanks!
the dr prescribed my pail killers which took care of the pain fine. Id call your dr first
opps i meant "pain" killers
My doctor prescribed a topical on Tuesday..
I thought someone would have called to check on me yesterday but no..
Today is 11 days..I woke up with more bearable pain..its only 645 am..so we will see..
topical wont do anything, ask for a pain killer that helps with nerve ending pain. that will do the trick. believe me did wonders for me.
Girl...that pain is at least two weeks..I spoke witg Zeltiq..I am so mad..I'm documenting e everything..my husband is an attorney and he's even more upset..he's never seen me in so much pain..
Almost a year now and still in pain. I am petite and did love handles and pooch using the large applicator. Now ended up with damage from the pulling and tugging.
im sorry, maybe pursue legal action. That doesnt sound like it was performed correctly.
oh and btw i was able to use the larger attachment because the dr had me sit up so it could grab more fat for anyone who was worried about that problem.
So it have been 4 days since the procedure and luckily no busing ( as of now) but i am experiencing very uncomfortable pains from (im assuming) the damaged nerve endings from the procedure and ive taken extra strength Tylenol, put ice on it, and nothing seems to work. I am going to call the dr tomorrow to see if there is anything else can be done because i was in bed all day today because of the pain and the areas i had done seem to be puffy and are still numb. Im hoping this will pass soon.

I'm not sure TBH. You may want to ask in our Doctor Q&A Forum, so you can get some professional opinions.

Will the smaller attachment cover the entire pooch area? I was told that for the tummy you needed to use the larger attachment... maybe im wrong?

Hi questionsgirl (great username, btw :). I remember seeing the review you mentioned where the device was slipping off. It might be better if they use a smaller attachment -- did your doctor mention this?

Good luck and please keep us posted on what you decide to do. :)