Immediate Results, Very Little Pain - New Haven, CT

This is my first experience with fillers. I had...

This is my first experience with fillers. I had some "glamour shots" done recently, which came out very well! But in the casual poses/light check shots I could see a crumpled and hollow area next to my mouth, to the side and under the corners of my lips! My mom has an awfully weak chin, and is very wrinkled, so why I thought I would escape that fate, I don't know!

So as soon as I could I went to see Dr Pan at Esana Med Spa in New Haven. She did my tummy tuck two years ago and I've been seeing her for Botox since then. She also did my Ultherapy and her staff nurse (Stephanie) did IPL on me too.

So I'm a regular customer I guess!

Dr Pan went over the differences between the fillers she uses and we decided on Restylane because she said it is the best and longest lasting filler for the lower face. She used one vial. It only took a few minutes and she massaged each area smooth with her fingers right after injecting the gel.

That was six hours ago and I have only felt a few twinges of pain; once when I but into a granola bar, and the other when I laughed out loud. So I guess I'll keep my face still for a bit!

I'm hoping to see smoother skin around my mouth and a plumping up of that crumpled area. I'll attach the photo in which I saw the wrinkles and a photo from today, when I'm bruised up.

More pix to come!

Oh boy. It's been about a month and the fillers...

Oh boy. It's been about a month and the fillers have settled in. I had one cc injected into my NL lines and near my chin. The pictures say it all!!!!

Okay - I had my second "dose" two weeks ago, and...

Okay - I had my second "dose" two weeks ago, and wow is all I can say. My NL lines look smoother and I am definitely going back for more around my mouth.

I was a teensy bit hesitant about the look of my skin after the second dose - I seemed lumpy. But I was advised to massage the area while the gel was still active, and now I'm smooth and natural!
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Dr Pan is now my official go-to for all anti-aging and serious skin care needs! It is easy to stay with a Med Spa that treats you well, does great work and is conveniently located too. I've never had a bad experience here and I've been coming to this Surgical group/Med Spa for 2 years. Dr Pan has done a tummy tuck, Botox, Ultherapy and now Restylane on me, and the results are worth every cent.

Oooh! I love Nordi's. Do you shop at Westfarms or are you not in CT?
I massage to stimulate circulation, to keep my pores clean and because it feels good!! I got the idea and technique from Shiseido. They make a firming massage cream that I've loved for years.

Oh yeah, Shiseido makes good stuff. I'll have to check out the massage cream next time I'm at Nordstrom!

I was pretty aggressive in my massage, but then again, I always use a firm, but smooth touch, when I massage my face. I do a facial massage daily.

Really? Is it to help stimulate circulation, or what benefit does it give?

Your nasolabial folds look great! Everything looks very natural in your picture. Thanks for letting us know you had to massage it. Do you feel like you had to massage it pretty aggressively to get it to move around?

So it sounds like you are loving the way things turned out - that is great!! Please keep us posted on how long it lasts. I'm very curious to hear what you notice with it as time goes on. :)

Yes, I use Dr. Pan also and she is a gem!
As far bruising goes - I meant I thought I would be a bruise, but I actually didn't at all.

That is awesome!! It is interesting how some people bruise up pretty bad, yet others have absolutely none. I'm glad to hear your injector is gentle - that really does make a big difference it seems.

I'm so glad to hear your fillers turned out well. How bad is the bruising?? I'd love to see your pictures. Here is a link with directions on how to add photos if you are needing some help with that.

I didn't bruise at all and now, a day and a half later, still no bruising at all. It's because Dr Pan has a very gentle touch. I still feel the gel as a firm area, which is weird, but the twinges of pain are gone