Vertical Scar on Occipital Region of Scalp - Nepal

My son was 8 when he got a small prick and some...

My son was 8 when he got a small prick and some fluid was sitting on the prick, i removed it and put some antiseptic. It healed but he had itching sensation and i observed after 6 months he had elevated region there. I showed to the doctor in Nepal, a general surgeon said it is a kind of benign cyst and can be removed so got it removed but there remain a circular scar that couldn't be covered by hair.

After a year of first surgery we got another surgery done by a renowned plastic surgeon in Nepal. The operation was successful and scar was almost like a thin line, but after a week around the scar hair fell off and the scar became vertical and long in length. We showed to him again and he said the skin got sretched.

Now we are in US and he is senior in high school, he is been covering it by gel etc. and doesn't swim or participate in sports. I consulted plastic surgeon in DC he says wait till he completes his growth otherwise again we might have same result or worst. Will hair implant help? Please help me.

Finally i got my son's hair implanted in...

finally i got my son's hair implanted in Virginia surgicals at mclean, VA. it cost me about $1400. I got it done in May 25th and now in Aug i can see some hair grown in the scar area, though the hair growth right now is pretty scanty. However i am so thankful to them. I also went to some expensive places for consultation but the suggestion was same as was in Virginia surgicals. I think its an art and experience rather than doctors degrees that matters in at least hair implant kind of technique. In other places it was about $5000.00 which was quite expensive and i am sure the result would have been same. i have to wait for some more time before the growth is seen fully, however so far the result is encouraging.
thanks a lot to virginia surgicals center, their phone is 703-***-**** and website is www.***************l.com
they are also located at virginia beach 757-***-****
thanks,
Monika

Dr. Beth Jordan and Linda

i am pleased by their work.

Are you still pleased with the results? I have a child with a very similar scalp scar
Hi! Britt,
I just wanted to update you that my son got hair implant done a week ago and if it becomes successful i will post full detail about where and how much i paid.
Monika
Thanks Monika that would be great!
Last year I had an incisional hernia repair. The wound was infected away from the mesh with staph. Used a Wound VAC for 2 months because of incision and drainage. Bad scar tissue grown around navel, underneath, hurting quality of life and sex, especiallyb in the morning. Need scar tissue softened or removed. Non-surgical option preferred. Please help.

Hi M.,

Welcome to the Scar Removal community. Wow, the skin stretched that much, that is a lot. Have you talked to a doctor about hair transplant, or maybe a hair transplant specialist? Please keep us updated on where you will go from here.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Thanks for your comment.
I had sent some pictures to the hair implant specialist and plastic surgeon in VA, he gave positive opinion and he wants to see the scar personally and then can say exactly what is to be done.
I will keep posting the developments.
M. Thapa

Oh that's great! Positive comments are always useful. Yes please do keep us updated as you move forward.

Thanks.