Beware - Overland Park, KS

At the time, I was wary of a full facelift and...

At the time, I was wary of a full facelift and felt I did not need it. So I chose a necklift, which was a terrible mistake.

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bortnick said he could perform a necklift, which was a disaster. His method was either 20 years out of date, or made up on the spot! Terrible outcome, which other drs. have so far not been able to repair.

Had neck lift 1 mo ago with another PS in same practice. Having terrible results.I have very puckered lumpy wrinkled skin under chin. PS wants to do laser resurfacing to the area to help tighten and expedite healing. So far this has been a nightmare. I am hoping this works cause I don't want to leave my house.
Let me know if it works because. I am in about the same place with mine. The area below my chin is hard, lumpy and painful to the touch.
Who are the good PSs in OP? Now that I've had 3 bad surgeries, I need some revision and fillers to repair some of the damage. The doctors I've seen don't want to revise, mainly because they're afraid of the scar tissue. Also, I wonder who is best in this area at fat transfer?
So,you had both a neck lift with Bortnik and a facelift with Gutek and both were apparently very disappointing. I'm sorry you had such poor outcomes. I'm from OP too and appreciate your sharing this experience. I have heard of both of these plastic surgeons and possibly considered consults with them. There ARE some good PS's in OP however.
Answer:

With the necklift, Bortnick pulled the skin on my jawline as hard as possible horizontally. This had the effect of being so tight that the skin on my face was pulled hard, and downward to the tightness for weeks. At the end of that time, my skin tone was damaged and my mouth turned down.

With the facelift, Gutek promised to lift my mouth (which I now know cannot be done in a facelift), and for some reason, he acted as if he hated me in the pre-surgery consultation, looked at a photo instead of at me, and then anchored my face downward for 9 months until he did a second facelift, which is better, but he still did not lift my mouth, and the right side is looser and does not match the left side. When I was upset that he did not lift my mouth, he dismissed me, accusing me of having "unrealistic expectations"!

This is the background from which I have a lot of questions about what to do next. Other doctors are reluctant to do a revision surgery, especially since Gutek has refused to give me detailed surgery notes.

JW
I had a facelift in 3-10. Surgeon anchored face downward instead of upward. He did 2nd facelift in 12-10. Face has been pulled upward, but Right side not as upward as Left side, and he still did not lift mouth as he had promised 5 times. Now he blames me for having unrealistic expectations.

Downward instead of upward? Why?

Hi freedom-now,

I'm sorry to hear about what you've been through. What exactly went wrong with your surgery?