Had Contour Thread Lift when I Was 45 and It Was THE WORST DECISION EVER! - Fresno, CA

I originally decided to have the contour thread...

I originally decided to have the contour thread lift after seeing a special about it on the Today Show and later hearing about it at a local women's conference in which a local ophthalmologist who was certified to perform the procedure gave a presentation. It sounded pretty simple and was touted as the lunch hour face lift! My procedure lasted 4 hours and I had intense bleeding. I was in pain, nauseous and vomiting all night long. The next day the pain, nausea and vomiting continued all day long. Within a few days (August 27th), I noticed that my left eye was becoming droopy. On the morning of August 28th I noticed that the left side of my mouth was sagging and that my mouth was uneven. I called the doctor's office to let them know the problems that I was having. I was told that I could come in that afternoon if I felt it was urgent or I could wait until my appointment on August 30th so I decided to wait until my appointment. The next day (August 29th) I noticed a numb feeling down the entire left side of my face (eye, cheek, nose, mouth, chin) similar to the feeling you get after having been given Novocaine by the dentist. I again called the doctor's office expressing my concern and was told the doctor was out of town and that I should just come in the next day at my normal appointment. The doctor examined me and told me that the numbness and sagging I was having could be due to the botox she injected and later she suggested I might have Bells Palsy. She gave me a prescription for an antiviral, said that Bells Palsy could last a few months and sent me home. It's now been so long that I don't even remember all the details but I remember thinking I looked like a monster and being embarrassed to go out of the house and to work. It took a few months for my face to start to appear normal. I two barbed sutures that are apparent as bumps on my forehead. My plastic surgeon has said he can probably remove them but I will be left with scars on my forehead and who knows how much $$ it will cost to have done. He also told me that this procedure has since been taken off the market. I wish I had known the truth to this procedure which is that it is not a lunch hour refresher for your face. I will post photos of myself a few days after the procedure which show the horrible effects of this procedure very early on. I just have to locate my photos.
Thank god I read this comment. I was considering doing the procedure. Not any more. No way!
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
Central Valley Oculoplastic Surgeon

This doctor should have her license taken away by the Medical Board of California. She performed a procedure on me (contour thread lift) that left me horribly disfigured within a few days of the procedure. I was never warned of the potential for the intense bleeding that occurred with the procedure or the horrible effects that I suffered including droopy, numb saggy left eye, cheek, mouth which lasted for months. I also fairly quickly noticed the barbed sutures showing up as bumps on my forehead but she said it was normal.....something I also was not warned about prior to them happening.