Had Contour Thread Lift when I Was 45 and It Was THE WORST DECISION EVER! - Fresno, CA

I originally decided to have the contour thread...

I originally decided to have the contour thread lift after seeing a special about it on the Today Show and later hearing about it at a local women's conference in which a local ophthalmologist who was certified to perform the procedure gave a presentation. It sounded pretty simple and was touted as the lunch hour face lift! My procedure lasted 4 hours and I had intense bleeding. I was in pain, nauseous and vomiting all night long. The next day the pain, nausea and vomiting continued all day long. Within a few days (August 27th), I noticed that my left eye was becoming droopy. On the morning of August 28th I noticed that the left side of my mouth was sagging and that my mouth was uneven. I called the doctor's office to let them know the problems that I was having. I was told that I could come in that afternoon if I felt it was urgent or I could wait until my appointment on August 30th so I decided to wait until my appointment. The next day (August 29th) I noticed a numb feeling down the entire left side of my face (eye, cheek, nose, mouth, chin) similar to the feeling you get after having been given Novocaine by the dentist. I again called the doctor's office expressing my concern and was told the doctor was out of town and that I should just come in the next day at my normal appointment. The doctor examined me and told me that the numbness and sagging I was having could be due to the botox she injected and later she suggested I might have Bells Palsy. She gave me a prescription for an antiviral, said that Bells Palsy could last a few months and sent me home. It's now been so long that I don't even remember all the details but I remember thinking I looked like a monster and being embarrassed to go out of the house and to work. It took a few months for my face to start to appear normal. I two barbed sutures that are apparent as bumps on my forehead. My plastic surgeon has said he can probably remove them but I will be left with scars on my forehead and who knows how much $$ it will cost to have done. He also told me that this procedure has since been taken off the market. I wish I had known the truth to this procedure which is that it is not a lunch hour refresher for your face. I will post photos of myself a few days after the procedure which show the horrible effects of this procedure very early on. I just have to locate my photos.
Central Valley Oculoplastic Surgeon

This doctor should have her license taken away by the Medical Board of California. She performed a procedure on me (contour thread lift) that left me horribly disfigured within a few days of the procedure. I was never warned of the potential for the intense bleeding that occurred with the procedure or the horrible effects that I suffered including droopy, numb saggy left eye, cheek, mouth which lasted for months. I also fairly quickly noticed the barbed sutures showing up as bumps on my forehead but she said it was normal.....something I also was not warned about prior to them happening.

Thank god I read this comment. I was considering doing the procedure. Not any more. No way!
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!