Using Invisalign to Get Buck Teeth - Nassau County, NY

I've been attracted to buck teeth since my teens....

I've been attracted to buck teeth since my teens. Since I've always sucked my thumb I also thought having teeth bucked out would make it feel even better than it did. It took awhile but I found a dentist that would do this, to a point (there are inherent dangers involved). My pictures show it better

Results very stable

I've continued using my retainer and my thumb habit helps to keep the results stable as you can see by my accompanying photo. Everyone that I've known is used to it now too (rarely do I get the typical comments/questions) and I've discovered that, though most guys shy away from a buck toothed woman, those that don't are generally better, less superficial, people and a few are even attracted to it! :) But I did this for myself. Still, it's interesting from a sociological point of view.

Side View...cause people asked

I asked many orthodontists about this procedure and they'd all decline, until I found one very smart orthodontist that figured out how far forward my upper teeth can go and avoid the internal problems. It required moving more than just my front two teeth but after 3 years, I now have the "look" I've wanted.

I personally would love buck teeth. I believe they are cute. I have really small front teeth for my face and im really insecure to the point I dont ever smile. I wish I had big front teeth
I'm sorry but why would you do this to yourself. Please don't take offence but seeing as your front teeth are already quite big having them look like they're all stuck out doesn't help anything, I had a friend who had buck teeth who hated them and she thought she looked like a rabbit. I haven't met a single boy who looks at a girl walking around with her teeth and says she's attractive.
No disrespect, i just dont understand why you would do thisto yourself
Well, my preference started, I think, when I was a kid, when I was warned I'd get buck teeth if I continued sucking my thumb. I guess, over time, I "adapted" to this fear by first noticing people with bt's and, perhaps in dealing with this fear (I guess I had to deal with it since I wouldn't stop my habit, and still haven't) by accepting it as a possibility and then embracing it to the point where I wanted them, thinking that it would make it more comfortable to suck my thumb with teeth that were formed perfectly for it. As far as what others think, you'd be surprised how many guys like women with an overjet. You know, there's someone for everyone and I've learned that there's definitely those that find it attractive, among other, more important, aspects of who we are, of course. In fact, I actually think of it as an attractive quality, especially if one comes to terms with it and isn't neurotic about it to the point of singular focus. If you love yourself first, you can love others second. So, it's all a matter of perception.
Not being rude but do you not get looks across the street from time to time or the odd comment. It's just that it is certainly noticeable and I'd be surprised if people weren't shocked a bit. And I know you're doing this because of your habits and stuff but does it not like effect the way you talk/eat or other things. Finally, what's the deal with your actual teeth structure did the invisalign push your lateral incisors back or something like that
Who doesn't get occasionally "looks" from across the street...or table, room and hallway for that matter? :) My philosophy is not to put much emotional energy into people whose judgments are based on superficialities. I've found it to usually be a waste of time and to typically result in nothing much gained, by them or by me. And, yes, it's affected the way I eat, usually the initial breaking away of food from, for example, a sandwich but I expected this and have gotten used to it and, now, I eat in a way that's typically and totally unconscious. As for speaking, I've adapted completed in that respect also. All my uppers, and lowers, were moved to different degrees. I let the ortho figure that one out and can't be precise in any explanation I may try to offer, sorry. :)
Do you not have problems kissing though
I had to laugh when I read your last question. Well, the only thing I can say is...absolutely not, no problem kissing at all. Yea, occasionally there's a teeth bump, but heck, everyone has that issue once in awhile, depending. :)
I guess that's good then, to be honest, I do actually like the look of your side view, that looks good. I wish my top lip protruded more but I don't think I want to get buck teeth
Well, it's about time! :) Buck teeth doesn't always move the upper lip forward but, when it does, even in slightly bucked teeth, most people find that attractive, at least that's been my observation.
So do you constantly rest your teeth on your lip
Yea, when I'm relaxed, not talking.
How big (in millimetres) is your overbite?
Funny, I actually forgot! :) I think it's around 12 millimeters.
12mm doesn't sound like that much, Is that all it takes to get buck teeth?!
Maybe it was more I honestly forgot, sorry. Whatever the number, though, it was enough. :) Just curious, what number do you think is enough? :)
hmmmmm, well I'm no expect when it comes to buck teeth but maybe 17mm-20mm, what do you think?
I'll call my ortho later. I'm sure he has the info. I'm not certain how to measure it otherwise I'd do it myself.
Wow, you're good! He told me it was 17mm! Well, at least now I'll remember.
Amazing that someone actually did this for you! Well I'm glad you're pleased with the result.

Good to hear an update from you, HaLaMi. Glad things are continuing to go well for you. :)

It seems quite bizarre undertaking! What you have achieved is a result that I share.However, I don't like mine. Over many years,I woke after a night's sleep with my thumb in my mouth. My jaw aches, and sometimes cracks painfully when I eat. The amount it costs though seems really excessive. Dentists are very wealthy !
Yea, I agree, it's completely unusual. I, though, do not have any jaw alignment problems which is what you seem to have. Your issue can probably be dealt with by surgery, though obviously a qualified dentist can expensively (yes, sad but true) deal with. But, if you still suck your thumb and your teeth have conformed to its shape, having bucked teeth makes it a lot more comfortable. At least that's how I look at it. For me, now, it's a perfect fit.

are you sure its buck teeth that you are attracted to? or are you attracted to a under developed lower jaw [mandible] which gives the illusion of a protruding midface [maxilla]? alot of eastern europeans share this trait. i always thought it was from inbreeding or the product of a poor overcrowded communal gypsy society uneducated in the importance of a healthy diet and avoidance of mind altering substances while child was in utero. what i think you are really looking for here is a smaller lower jaw. eastern europeans also commonly have a smaller lip to nose ratio. this again could be the cause or illusion of maxillary hyperplasia and more than likely mandibular hypoplasia. if a maxillofacial augmentation freaks you out you could try upper lip augmentation to bring the upper lip closer to the nose and shorten the philtrum. you could also think about having chin sculpting to shy the lower jaw thereby making the midface that much more prominent! my advice to get that total package look - schedule a consultation to have your chin and lip augmented.

Actually, the one thing I hoped for but didn't obtain, is more upper lip, something I thought would result from my procedure. Se la vie. But, otherwise, thanks for your suggestions (from which I sense a bit of sarcasm) but...no thanks. :)