Worth It but Painful - Nashville, TN

I just had Ulthera done. I received a 1/2 off end...

I just had Ulthera done. I received a 1/2 off end of year special and wanted to try this since seeing it on Dr. Oz. I spent 1 hour with lidocaine numbing cream on, then my procedure began. She perfomed the procedure in sections of 10 zaps....each zap felt like a gun shooting several painful pulses into my brain! So, I am sure this is stimulating the collagan, however it really feels like you are being shot with something.

I was scheduled for the full face and neck, however I opted to break it up into 2 appointments because of the pain. I found that breathing out each time zapped helped with pain. She started with 10 zaps per area and I asked her to take a break after every five and that helped alot and she gave me a stress ball to squeeze which helped.

After it was done, I had some redness, very small amount of bruising only noticable to touch, and one long raised line on my temple,looked line a vein....which I was told could happen....which went away over night. I was able to put make up on and finish my day. I took 800mg of Ibuprofen after preocedure to keep any swelling down that I anticipated. Its been 4 days now since procedure, already notice considerable tightness and overall better appearance.

I go in for my second treatment in a few weeks, not looking forward to the pain, but very pleased with results.

ok....can someone explain to me how ulthera on the face gives a flat lower tummy? I must have missed something (I definitely barely skimmed all the comments, form which I gathered that Gold Skin Care is damn good.) Wow...this ulthera is so confusing, and I already did it on the jaw (not at all overwhelmed.) If I ever do forehead I'll consider Gold Skin Care, or other places. Has anyone read about EPRIME? I am definitely going to look into this!
Yes, very. More now than ever b/c the scars are almost invisible and I have a flat lower tummy!

Yay O2BME!

I'm so happy you are still happy with your results and that everything turned out as you had hoped.

Thanks,

-Britt

I am wondering if you still are happy with the results?
I think she said they had a sale....will have another one in March if you can wait.; I wanna see those pics. Also does anyone know if it makes a difference who does this, a nurse or a doc? It's the same machine, isn't it?
P.S. The ulthera co should be using your photos in their ads... you look FANTASTIC
How did you get it for $1500? I just did a consultation with the same doctor (Gold) and was quoted $4000!!!?
who was your doctor
Hey --- so...it's been quite some time Country Music Fan. How's it looking now? How are the results? Are they "worth it?" Can we see pics? Please please ploease
I am sorry to hear that you will be having chemo. Thanks for your replies. I will let you know if I like it (if I don't chicken out)
Thank you so much for your reply. I have an appointment for ultherapy with Dr B. in two weeks, I am very excited. This is the only procedure I have seen on this website with 100% satisfaction. Have you had fillers with dr B? they are also recommending that in the tear troughs but I am so afraid of this procedure after reading many negatives on this website. You must understand that I have had devastating results after IPL that have probably left me scarred for life, so I am a little apprehensive about any laser procedures. Thanks again!
Hello, Dr B has a great reputation in Nashville so need to worry. I am also advised to get filler in tear trough, unfortunately I will be having chemo for a few months and will get that done with Dr. B when done. Only get Botox so far, but have friends that get other things done with him and love him. Please reply to me if you get that filler done and how you like it, I am excited to hear since I am also someone who really needs it in the tear troughs, Thanks
So, about 15 months later....are you happy with your results? I did a consult with Dr. B for this same procedure but chickened out after reading all the reviews about people having little to no results - I don't have the money to spare on something that isn't going to work!
Got ya! Thanks for clearing that one up...I guess I should have read that better thank goodness it wasn't a double treatment that quickly!

But the results I stand firm on...you can't judge good or bad until at least 3 months have passed with Ulthera and collagen has had time to regenerate. Results do not show up that quickly and the firmness she is seeing after 4 days is just residual inflammation from the procedure.
Yes, you're right the tightness has decreased, must have been some inflammation. I was told it would take 2-4 months for new collagan to take effect. I go for bottom half next week. I have heard lower face is not as painful. Will update at 2 month mark. Thanks
Hi Country Music Fan - would you mind telling me which clinic/physician you went to in Nashville? There are two. I am comtemplating Ulthera myself and would like to know more. The two clinics in Nashville are the only two such places near to me.
Thanks.
Yes, Gold Skin Care is where I got it done with a nurse performing this procedure. I got it 1/2 off their normal rate but I believe they have 30% off the month of March. They will give you a pain med if you have a ride. I also use Dr.B for other procedures....he is wonderful...if you have the $$$ would stick with him. My experience was sooo painful, but worth it....I always get compliments on how great I look...I think I look better than I ever have when younger! Good luck, please make sure you take a strong pain killer for this!
I saw Gold Skin Care (I think it was on here) and talked to a lovely woman on the phone -- Natalie was her name. I was planning on going since they had a good deal at the time but then when I researched patient's reviews there were so many bad ones of the main doctor there and his cruel bedside manner (but all lauded the staff there -- they are apparently really really great) that I am kind of scared to have a mean doctor. Some people don't care if a doctor is rude as long as he does a good job but I really do need a nice guy who does a good job. So just thought I'd let you guys know -- you can also check out patient reviews at a lot of different websites (although right now I forgot the name of the ones I looked at.)
"Not sure what doctor you are using, but it is my understanding that the second round of Ulthera typically isn't done until after the 3 month mark, where results if any from the first procedure will be seen." - dolphins21.

While I understand what you're saying, I don't think the OP is referring to the "same" location. She tried to break up her face and neck treatments. She did full face, then will do neck next.

"I was scheduled for the full face and neck, however I opted to break it up into 2 appointments because of the pain." - Country Music Fan.
I'm sorry to say but you cannot give a good review of Ulthera 4 days post procedure. Ulthera uses heat to stimulate the growth of collagen and collagen does not regenerate after 4 days. What you are experiencing now is merely inflammation from the procedure as results typically take 2 to 3 months and there are many people that need another round of Ultherapy just to see ANY results...and of course, inflamation is going to make your face feel firmer! It is physically impossible to get results after 4 days, collagen does not grow that fast!
My sister received 2 rounds of Ultherapy last year and it was a huge disappointment, didn't help with anything.
Please, come back and share your experience 3 months post procedure when you can give a fair honest review....
Not sure what doctor you are using, but it is my understanding that the second round of Ulthera typically isn't done until after the 3 month mark, where results if any from the first procedure will be seen. I would question your physician about this...you need to give your body time to respond to the first treatment.
Thank you for this review, dolphins21! So many people keep saying they immediately saw results from ultherapy which I agree -- it's deceiving! I too have tried explaining to some that collagen wouldn't show such immediate results -- it takes some time. I had this done on my neck and lowest part of jaw for 900 and am still undecided -- which means I suppose that it doesn't work that well. Certainly NOT the supposed lunchtime lift that they claim. But it sucks....because what is there to do if it's too soon for an actual lift? There is no filler I know of that can tighten so I guess we are left with this procedure if we are still in early years.
Hi Nadia...you're welcome for the comment and I'm sorry your Ultherapy didn't work all that well either. I have yet to personally know someone that had any results from Ulthera and in my opinion, I think it's dangerous and not worth it as I have seen/heard horrible results as well. If I have friends that ask my opinion on the procedure, my vote is and will always be thumbs down for this one.

I know what you mean though about being too soon for a lift and feeling as though there are no options out there. I am kind of in that boat myself...I have great skin with no wrinkles but do have sag (I have a spot of turkey neck...Lol) Seriously though, fillers do work when properly placed and they are my saving grace.
What many people don't realize is the reason behind the early skin sag for us late 30's/early 40's gals, it is not due to stretching skin, but due to fat volume loss and our cheeks are the main culprit. No amount of Ulthera is going to fix that and the proper treatment for fat loss short of a face lift and implants are dermal fillers. Properly placed dermal fillers in the cheeks replace the natural volume of fat we lost bringing our skin back up where it used to be. I get filler in my cheeks and believe me, it makes a world of difference and brings my face back up where it should be all the way down to my little turkey neck. It's expensive yes, but in my book well worth it.
I am wondering if you are a medical professional as you have seen/heard horrible results (plural implies more than one). I had the procedure done 8/2/11 in Boise by a board certified doctor who I did a Thermage treatment in 2005 (which worked fabulously -I did it then to get rid of the parenthesis around my mouth, which I did not want to treat with filler having done it once and the result was a translucent line under the areas. It was like my face was vacuumed and the results were immediate with no gradual improvement. So I guess I was an outlier in that that is not the normal course of improvement and even back then only about 60% of people saw improvement. By early 2010 I was ready for something but did not want to do Thermage again given the cost and pain so started researching and reading up on U. I decided to go back to Boise, though I now live in the PDX OR area, as he is a great Dr. and the cost for all procedures there is significantly less. The results of the U treatment were good right off the bat except around the parenthesis area which have gradually improved but not as much as I hoped (like with T in 2005). The day I left, I had significant brow lift and the area between my high cheek bones and eye sockets was almost completely smooth - previously I had been told that they only way to even it out would be filler due to fat loss. The jaw line area saw immediate material improvement as well. The skin around my jaw line almost felt too tight (that was the area where I felt a bit bruised for a couple of weeks). But I already had a good jaw line for someone my age (52) so we were not working with a double chin. Finally, the treatment helped the rosacea on my cheek areas which it has not been approved for nor did I expect. I have had a mild to moderate case since my Hysterectomy in 07 and tried VBeam and other treatment but one stubborn area on one cheek persisted. The red spider veins are now about 70% less noticeable so go figure : )I may go back for a second treatment in 3 months since there is a 50% discount if one does so in a certain amount of time. But I still may end up having to use some filler around the mouth area. To me the key is doing one's own homework, using a Dr. (yes he actually performs the procedures) you trust and finding a fair price since I am not ready for a surgical procedure and don't want to fill my face up to the point where I don't look like me.
Hi Rose:) I am in the medical profession but with a degree in Nuclear Medicine, not anything in the beauty sector...Lol. I have heard and seen many that were not happy with Thermage or Ultherapy due to bad results or none at all. The bad (which was more sagging than they began with) is not as prolific as the "none at all" thankfully.
The thing that REALLY gets me about this procedure are people touting instant results. It is scientifically impossible to get "immediate" results from either Thermage or Ultherapy as they both work under the similar premise of heating the under layer of the skin via frequencies to "stimulate" collagen growth. The key word there is stimulate which means shock the underlayer in to eventually producing collagen. The actual collagen growth can take several months and multiple treatments and is not going to happen in a few days.
What women are experiencing immediately following both Thermage and Ultherapy is called "Post Procedure Inflammation" the under layers of skin are being "damaged" in a way due to heat and that's what is causing the tightening feeling that many experience....this in turn causes many men and women to post positive results within a few days of the procedure. This gives people extremely false hopes because typically within a few weeks, the PPI is gone leaving your skin looking the same it was prior to the procedure.
I am not saying this doesn't ever work, because there are people that it works on...but those people are very few and far between in my experience and to be included in that 10-20% of the population that it actually works on isn't worth the hefty price tag. The results I have seen months out on people are very slight, perhaps calling it a wee bit of freshening in the appearance...again, definitely not worth the price tag. I would much rather spend my cash on something that has better odds of working.

Homework is definitely the key! I agree...if people would really study the premise that these 2 procedures work under and know exactly HOW it works, they will realize claims of instant results are medically and scientifically impossible. Also, Doctor homework is important too in the fact that any doctor that is morally on the up and up will explain how, how long and why the procedure works, he will also explain that it doesn't work on everyone. My sis had a good doctor that explained the good and bad about it and she did it anyway. Had it twice and had no results what so ever besides the post procedure inflammation. Once that was gone in a few weeks, she was back to looking like her normal self.

I wonder how you are doing now?