Very Happy with ZOOM! Whitening - Nashville, TN

Pros: Amazing, beautifully white teeth really fast...

Pros: Amazing, beautifully white teeth really fast.
Cons: Can experience a couple of days of discomfort after (zingers).

I had ZOOM! whitening treatment in 2010 and loved the results, which have been kept up pretty well by using the Nite White product for regular touch-ups.

I had a second round of Zoom! this year as I noticed that though my teeth were still white, they were not as white near the gum line.

I did experience a few 'zingers', as the little nerve discomforts are referred to, starting with the last segment of treatment, and for about 48 hours afterward. I had the treatment on Thursday, and I avoided all food with colors through Monday just to be sure I wouldn't absorb any color on my newly whitened teeth. I was told by the technician that some people experience a claustrophobic sensation having the dams in their mouth during the treatment, but it didn't bother me at all.

They do protect your gums and I did not experience any gum discomfort.

In my area, I think pricing is typically in the $400-$500 range, but I purchased a Groupon and got the service for $139. There had recently been some turnover in the dental office I used (I'd gone their for years until the primary dentist moved) and it seemed like the technicians weren't especially skilled. They referred to the manual repeatedly during the process, which surprised me as they do so many deals for this procedure and I expected them to be more experienced. Luckily I knew what to expect as I'd had the procedure before.

Please see my photos for before, during and after treatment.

Super-helpful review!  Would love to see a current picture to see the 3-months-on version.  We very rarely get pictures like that and the doctors say that the whitening settles down a little and looks less 'fake'.

Update 4 months post Zoom!

Some posters asked for an updated photo. I am approximately 4 months post Zoom! and still very happy with my teeth. I've included a current photo (taken this morning). Keep in mind in the photo I am trying to show as much of my teeth a possible for the benefit of those reading the review. My natural smile looks bright and and I'm very happy with it. I have not used the Nite White really at all, and I am a heavy dark soda drinker. Hope this is helpful.

Hi there! Per your request, I posted a photo update today. I'm very happy with this procedure, think my teeth look super white but natural, and if I had to do this every 3-4 years to keep white teeth I'd be willing to do that for these results.
Yeah, wow!  Thank you.  Your teeth look fabulous, and yes, totally natural--just in a perfect way *LOL*!  Thank you for the update!  I'm wondering if you own any whitening trays so that you'd be able to do at-home gel whitening in between instead of having to redo zoom.  It's a lot cheaper if you have the trays already (or retainers or something) but it may not be if you have to get custom trays made.
Two, they do a mold and give you trays and the first round of Nite White, along with some gel to relieve the sensitivity, so you go home from Zoom! with that kit. If I use all the Nite White gel, I can purchase more at my dentist and use with the trays I received. So yes, I do have a new set of trays I can use with the Nite White brand, or whatever other brand I choose. I chose to do Zoom! the second time because I wanted better continuity up to the base of the tooth which is hard to achieve with trays.
Embassy Dental

Love the process and outcome, but was not very wowed by the skill of the technicians.