59 Years Old. Explanted 20 Yr Old Salines Today - Nashville, TN

My motivation for explant involved progressive...

My motivation for explant involved progressive hardening of my implants over time, and a sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer. 3 doctors told me implants don't affect early detection, but I felt safer removing them. I selected a female MD in Nashville. I would highly recommend her.
I opted first for deflation in her office to see what I would be left with and to decide about removal and/or reimplant. I felt immediately better after deflation to have the rocks off my chest. Then after 2 weeks decided on explant, no reimplant. Procedure was $3700 for surgeon, outpatient surgery center and anesthesia. I didn't take my own pics but will get them from the doctor and post them. I am about 8 hrs postop, in an ace wrap until tomorrow, no drains, stiches out next week. I didn't take selfies but will post my MD's before/after photos after all is healed.

Great news! Your now implant free yay!
Good for you sweetie! Happy healing ;)
Woo-hoo, you are free! I hope you love life au naturel. I'll be looking forward to seeing your photos when you get them.

1 week post explant

After mustering some courage.....I uploaded 3 pictures pre-op, post-deflation, and one week post explant. I hope these don't scare anyone from getting explanted. The doctor said they'll 'fluff' over time. They feel much better than they look right now, and I am very, very happy to be natural again.

Congrats on being all natural! Can you post recent pixs to see how they are looking now that they have had a chance to fluff?
Wow! Look at the change in just one week! Looks great! And way better than the fakes I think :)
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

I got 3 opinions about explant, 2 men, one woman. One doctor told me I'd never be happy if I didn't get reimplanted, lifted, etc. Dr Haws (woman) listened to my needs and concerns and gave me options. She suggested deflate in the office first, wait a few weeks, then I'd be better able to decide about leaving them, or remove w/o reimplant, or removal & reimplant. It was very good advice and helped me come to the right decision for me.