59 Years Old. Explanted 20 Yr Old Salines Today - Nashville, TN

My motivation for explant involved progressive...

My motivation for explant involved progressive hardening of my implants over time, and a sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer. 3 doctors told me implants don't affect early detection, but I felt safer removing them. I selected a female MD in Nashville. I would highly recommend her.
I opted first for deflation in her office to see what I would be left with and to decide about removal and/or reimplant. I felt immediately better after deflation to have the rocks off my chest. Then after 2 weeks decided on explant, no reimplant. Procedure was $3700 for surgeon, outpatient surgery center and anesthesia. I didn't take my own pics but will get them from the doctor and post them. I am about 8 hrs postop, in an ace wrap until tomorrow, no drains, stiches out next week. I didn't take selfies but will post my MD's before/after photos after all is healed.

1 week post explant

After mustering some courage.....I uploaded 3 pictures pre-op, post-deflation, and one week post explant. I hope these don't scare anyone from getting explanted. The doctor said they'll 'fluff' over time. They feel much better than they look right now, and I am very, very happy to be natural again.

1 yr post explant

Can't say these are pretty, but at least they're no longer rock hard and painful. And I can hug people without being self conscious about bumping into them with the rocks. I'm single, no one has to look at this but me. They match the rest of my 60 year old body, droopy and saggy. I am still very happy I explanted.
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

I got 3 opinions about explant, 2 men, one woman. One doctor told me I'd never be happy if I didn't get reimplanted, lifted, etc. Dr Haws (woman) listened to my needs and concerns and gave me options. She suggested deflate in the office first, wait a few weeks, then I'd be better able to decide about leaving them, or remove w/o reimplant, or removal & reimplant. It was very good advice and helped me come to the right decision for me.