My motivation for explant involved progressive...
I opted first for deflation in her office to see what I would be left with and to decide about removal and/or reimplant. I felt immediately better after deflation to have the rocks off my chest. Then after 2 weeks decided on explant, no reimplant. Procedure was $3700 for surgeon, outpatient surgery center and anesthesia. I didn't take my own pics but will get them from the doctor and post them. I am about 8 hrs postop, in an ace wrap until tomorrow, no drains, stiches out next week. I didn't take selfies but will post my MD's before/after photos after all is healed.
1 week post explant
I got 3 opinions about explant, 2 men, one woman. One doctor told me I'd never be happy if I didn't get reimplanted, lifted, etc. Dr Haws (woman) listened to my needs and concerns and gave me options. She suggested deflate in the office first, wait a few weeks, then I'd be better able to decide about leaving them, or remove w/o reimplant, or removal & reimplant. It was very good advice and helped me come to the right decision for me.