Worth Looking Into

I went to Dr. B for persistent redness that was...

I went to Dr. B for persistent redness that was the result of genes, prolonged sun exposure and a TCA peel gone sideways. I had researched the V Beam and knew it was the laser I wanted. I just had them do a portion of my face, if I recall correctly, which included my veiny little nose! I was surprised immediately after the treatment that the redness seemed like it had vanished. Then I was surprised again when it slowly returned. May be no ones fault, but the technicians said she was taking a conservative approach, so I can only imagine that may have contributed. I have plans to schedule treatment with an experienced provider and see if I noticed any difference results. Will be back with those details.
PS, I did not take before and afters, but I will try to do that the second time around.
Michelle
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

The VBeam practitioner was friendly, but seemed relatively new to lasers. She took a conservative approach which translated into minimal risk but almost no results. Redness came right back.

Michelle, Thank you for sharing your comments. It does indeed require a series of treatments with the VBeam laser to achieve best outcomes. I do believe that it is always best to take a conservative approach with laser treatments (especially on skin that has developed problems after a chemical peel) as my philosophy is that this is the safest and wisest approach. It encouraging that the vessel on your nose disappeared immediately after treatment as this suggests you can achieve beneficial results with additional treatments. If you have any questions about vascular laser treatments in general or your specific situation I would be happy to meet with you to review and discuss your options. Brian Biesman
Hi Dr. B, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my review. You could probably sense my frustration, I imagine. I edited my review a bit since you guys did a great job and your laser tech made the whole process truly enjoyable. Her bedside manner is an asset to you team. I think I am just frustrated in general with lasers. I think they are advertised (in general, not by your practice specifically) as these cure-alls, but after my own experiences with V Beam and IPL, I just dont think they're all they're cracked up to be. :) Plus, when you spend $350 for a conservative approach, you are left with the feeling that you just threw your money down the drain. The flip side could be scarring through, so it feels like I am caught between a rock and a hard place where a practioner (any practitioner) will get $$$ out of me before I see any long term results. I guess that's just the way it goes. I kinda think that if the first treatment is going to be very conservative, the cost should match. I'll go out on the street corner and stand on my soapbox! ;-) I am considering Cosmelan to see if that might improve some of the hyperpigmentation and maybe I can just make peace with having some redness in my face :) Does your practice offer Cosmelan? Thank you again for taking the time to respond. I appreciate your consideration and I may return in the future if I decide that I am comfortable with the risk/reward/cost ratio of v beam :)
Thanks for sharing your experience, look forward to seeing your progress after your next treatment!