My Rhinoplasty Experience - Nashville, TN

I was always self conscious of my nose. It had...

I was always self conscious of my nose. It had been broken a couple of times throughout my childhood, leaving a hump! My Sister had Breast augmentation in 2006 with excellent results. Cosmetic surgery is quite common in my family. So, In 2007 after seeing that my sister was happy with her result I decided to have surgery. I was also having breathing issues and sinus problems. The Consultation was ok. The doctor didn't tell me about all of the risks in detail. I was so excited that I was ill prepared and didn't ask the questions that I should have.

I had the surgery and was very sore. I was instructed to be lazy, take it easy. I did.

Fourth day post-op I woke up at 6am with a slight nose bleed that turned into a severe bleed. Blood was literally coming out of my mouth and nose. gushing. I was rushed to the ER by Ambulance. They gave me medication to clot my blood and the bleeding eventually stopped after being in the ER most of the day. It was the scariest experience of my life. I thought I was going to die. After healing I did my own research and found out that with my particular procedure, bleeding is a big risk.

I LOVE the way my nose looks now. I'm more confident, it boosted my self esteem. But, If I would have known the bleeding risk and that I would have an extreme fear of blood afterward, I probably wouldn't have done it.

Please ask lots of questions and be as informed as possible.

you look great!!! will you add more pics? and please message your docs name... i am also near nashville. thanks so much!
Hey, mind adding a profile view? I want to see your nose from the side I am near nashville and I kinda have a nose similar to what you had
Hey looks great! Where did u have it done in nashville? I live close by and was long for a 2nd opinion. I am having a septorhinoplasty and although my insurance is paying for the septoplaasty portion, I'm still going to have to pay nearly $2900 for the cosmetic portion which seemed kinda steep.
sorry for what u've been through and thank god u r ok now but any way those amazing results realllllly worth that suffering and soon u gonna forget what happend to u when u look at the mirror and feel happy and confident i'm happy for u
Can you please post a few more pictures plz? My nose looks just like yours and i am think about having one procedure too. Thx a lot man
Thanks for the response. I am sorry about your fear of blood, but I hope you like your nose now and that it is functional. I think I should be okay as far as bleeding goes. I am getting my packing out today and I hope it goes smooth. I am afraid I could bleed again like that, but I am hopefully I am healed up and my doctor said I didnt bleed as much as I thought I did - that its more blood than it looks like! I hope that is the case because I just dont want anymore packing in my nose. It is so uncomfortable! I hope you get over your fear and that you stay healed up for good!
U look great big difference
Jason - I just got a septorhinoplasty with turbinate reduction and I have had some complications with bleeding as well. i was so scared yesterday - I woke up with blood all over me and was told to go to the ER. Luckily, my surgeon stepped in and had us come in early to his clinic. He put in packing and now I am stable. It was so scary - to have blood everywhere and you cant stop it. And to have it in your throat is even worse. I also wish I would have known about this complication. I am doing fine now, but every time I see a little blood, I get really scared that it will happen again. Did the bleeding stop altogether for you or do you still have problems? Thanks, Alexandra
Alexandra I'm so sorry you're going thru that mess. I hope you heal up fast.
After the bad bleed. I bled so much, I thought I was dying. My skin was yellow/green tinted for two days afterward.
I haven't had another bad bleed like that since. But It literally traumatized me. I have an insane fear of blood now and I use simply saline in my nose during the winter to keep it moist because I'm so paranoid about a bad bleed again. Truthfully, I would have never had the surgery if I knew about the bleeding risk.
I wouldn't worry much if I were you, once you heal it should be ok. I just hate the fear that it left me with.
Congratulations ! Your nose looks amazing. You're hot !
Thanks so much! :-)