Two Year and Counting Journey - Nanaimo, BC

My motivation for invisaligns was that my chewing...

My motivation for invisaligns was that my chewing was compromised and I had triangles between teeth, and an overbite
I considered veneers, but that would not correct all the issues.
The orthodontist was confident that they would work for all these issues.
What I did not know would happen was my reaction to the attachments that are put on the teeth to aid in turning and moving the teeth
I found that they cut my cheeks, that made my cheeks, swell and then I would be bitting them due to the swelling. After about three months I insisted they come off and the orthodontist felt he could keep going without attachments. so 1.5 years later there has been very little movement, and very little visible improvement.

They now scan the teeth rather than do impressions and they do fit far better.

I have a very dry mouth , and can not wear the 21 hour requirement, so I do well to manage 16 hours a day. I am thinking that it might just be me, that does not tolerate the dryness, and the cheek problem. However the orthodontist still wants to try again..He now wants to shave off some of the teeth between so as to allow space and try again with attachments. I am very leery of this and I am really not sure what to do.
6400.00 later, two teeth pulled and a bridge removed, does make me feel I need to keep trying but not sure I can do it.

It appears in a month I will be returning for...

It appears in a month I will be returning for attachments once again and I pray this time my mouth will tolerate them
My hope is that the remaining time is four months only
It will be interesting to see if I see results .My mind is preparing for this as I feel I am done after 2 and a half years. I admire many of you on this blog with the persustance you have to tolerate things going on in your mouth for that long.

I am in between right now only wearing last set at...

I am in between right now only wearing last set at night until the next liners come in .With the liners will come attatcments and increased wearing time. I am wounding if others struggle with dry mouth. I usually take them out every couple hours and rinse and take a break as it is hard to do business and interviewir clients when I am constantly having to lick my lips ,
Dr. john Pappel

My daughter worked for him.