My Facelift Took 20 Years off Me - Prague, Czech Republic

I had a face lift in Prague thre weeks ago and at...

I had a face lift in Prague thre weeks ago and at this stage I look 20years younger than my 53 years. Overall my appearance is so much improved but there are things that I am not happy about, just hope that they improve with time.

The cost of my surgery was £5,000. I had an endoscopic assisted SMAS lower face and necklift and upper eyelid Blepharoplasty. I was in surgery 3.5 hours and returned to the clinic with drains. These were removed the next day and on the third morning I was able to return to my hotel room wearing the helmet. The 4th day i was allowed to wash hair and put on the compression garment. I only saw my surgeon the day before I flew home 9 days later, where he took out the eyelid stitches.

My face was hugely swollen and my eyes black, and at 21 days I still have bruises on my neck and strange lumps under my chin. I had a bad reaction to the stitches on one side for some reason and they are now lumpy and sore behind my r.ear and down the back of my neck. Surgeon says it will settle down in time. Around the front of my right ear I also have a very noticable scar as the skin is a different colour and texture is much thicker. On the right side I also have a considerable reduction in the length of my sideboard and a large bald patch in my hair, I am not sure if this is where hair has been pulled out or cut off or in fact where cheek skin has been pulled up too high into my hair. The left side is perfect -its like each side was done  by different people. I know my surgeon had an assistant or junior plastic surgeon with him, but I cannot imagine that he would have been allowed to do my face. Also they do video all procedures.

The appearance from the front is just great and I do look so good, if not a bit puffy still around the jaw and back of the neck.

I have sent pictures of the problem areas to the surgeon and he has offered revision surgery (but I cannot see what they do about the bald patch),  if it does not settle or come right. However I really was not planning to fly to Prague again.

That is the problem with having surgery abroad I guess.

Had the stitches out this morning and everything...

Had the stitches out this morning and everything is looking so much flatter and quieter. As my surgeon said   it will settle, and  I can see that now already just within 5 hours.

Also noticed tufts of hair growing back on the bald patch so looks like I won't be needing revision surgery after all. Must have cut it when they made the incision in temple region

Absolutely delighted with results. Worth every penny.

4 years on.........

Face has drooped back to where it was! Jowls came back, scars are the same, pleat in front of ear and bald patches the same. Hair never did grow back. It was nice to look so good, pity it lasted so few years. I wish I had gone somewhere else, the surgeon offered revisions but I had lost confidence in him over time when I realised the scars were permanent and awful and I was going to have bald patches in my hair unless I had transplants.

Me in 2012

Dr Visek at Aesthetia

Good overall results plus its early days yet for scars and healing process to be complete

Dr. David Wardle in Newport Beach, CA, is the "BEST". Dr. Wardle was able to rejuvenate my friends jaw- and neckline, now she looks 15 years younger and the scars are barely noticeable.
have you asked a PS here. I go to one and to me he is far by the best. People around the world travel just to see him and get work done. He has offices in NJ and Park Avenue NY
I was just wondering why did you choose Prague? There are hundreds of excellent PS and I know one in Summit NJ and also practices in new York. People from around the world travel to see this PS.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel your results are back to where you started. How frustrating for you! I do think you're a beautiful lady!

I'm so sorry you had this experience. I think that is every ones secret fear.... That well go back to where we started from. Have you contacted a PS closer to your home for consults and possible revision? Maybe there is still improvement from before FL ? I wish you well!
Pic is of last may 2012. I've drooped a bit more since then!
This is a shame and it's terrible you've had this happen. At the least your lift should have lasted 10 years. Have you seen a plastic surgeon where you are for a second opinion?
You look great ,but i was wondering if u can upload some pics before the surgery.thanks.
wao you now look like 46 now great
Look excellent!!!
Dear CalamityKatie,
Thank you for describing in much detail your experience of surgery in Prague: I am in Prague right now: today I will have stitches removed from my eyelids. I had the same procedures as you did, same routine at the clinic, and bodily responses are the same as you described. Total cost was about $4,800 including overnight stay, etc. My doctor came highly recommended by my friend who is his former (and future) patient.
It has been 2 years since you had your surgery done: please tell me the opinion of your results at this point.
Thank you.
Hello its been two years plus now so can I ask how your results came out inb te end and if you are happy? Also if you went to Dr Visek-thinking of Prague or Poland at present. I had an expensive but good lift in London 13 years ago by Dr Stanek-a Czech surgeon and he said the training was very good in these places Thank you
Not too pleased about the dreadful scaring and ear pleat.
Hi Katie, I had a facelift in the Philippines 10 years ago which cost me $3000 at that time by Dr Joaquino in Manila and had real bad result. I had to fly back to US 2 weeks after the surgery. When I got back, he won't talk to me on the phone and won't answer my email. Even if he offered to fix the problem, I won't trust anymore. I had to have it fixed here in US so in the long run it cost me more. You don't have any repercussions if you do it outside the country. Maybe look for a competent certified plastic surgeon for an opinion. Good luck!
Stanek tried to fix my nose back in 1987,but didn't do that good of a job,I am glad you are happy with your face lift. I guess he has matured and has loads of experience now. I paid £1200 back then, :-0
Hi lovingCA If you don't mind telling me,ho as your surgeon? You can message me if you want to. Thanks Julie
you look so good.
Let me add, though, that I had a facelift performed in Austin TX by a reputable plastic surgeon, and it cost less than yours. Mine cost about $8,000.00. I was in Austin visiting my father, so the airfare cost didn't enter into it.
Have met with one board certified plastic surgeon in Austin, TX. Your post was only one on real self website that came up with Austin search. Would you be willing to share which physician?
I would Really appreciate your surgeon's name- in Austin. I have had a lift and lids done by one here I am very unhappy with. I need a revision sooner than later by a truly good surgeon. Please reply, I am so unhappy since my surgery. I wish I had my wrinkles and sagging back instead of this disaster. Thank you so much.
You look lovely--but how did you happen to pick this place, and this doctor, in Prague? Also, do you have any 'before' photos you can post? And do you mind if I ask how old you are? Thanks.