My Abs. Are Lumpy After a Ual Liposuction

Please help! On 4/1/09 I had a power assisted,...

Please help! On 4/1/09 I had a power assisted, ultra assisted liposuction of my flanks and abdomen. I just thought I would look more muscular, "defined" since I am already pretty tight in that area, but instead I have a lumpy stomach! I am so depressed, I have never looked this bad in my life!!!!! I have always worked out at least 3 X's per week with weights & aerobics. Everyone use to compliment me on my abs.....I thought this would just make my abs. more "defined".......I wish I had my old stomach back!!! I have been doing 400 crunches per day in hopes of getting rid of the lumps and wearing my "spanx girdle". Is there anything else I can do?

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

For my breast implants (A+) I don't think this was his "mistake" I just think it happens sometimes

Did you get yours resolved with exercise?

I had the same issue i have done lipo more then once if you want to email me london***@yahoo.com i can tell you about the garment i know of thats from brazil with amazing < result!!!

I also bought a spare garment from a Brazillian company.
Please tell me more about the ultra sound massage and the drainage. Will I have to pay more for these since the lipo cauased the lumps?
Well, I would assume these costs would be extra, if you had your lipo done at a "spa" setting then they might offer these things, I kinda doubt that if you had it at the doctor's office/surgical center or the like that the doctor offers these services. Here is some info: Ultrasound: The inflammatory response is the body’s way of healing (although this process can get out of hand). Ultrasound can improve the body’s efficiency in this process. Likewise, scar tissue development can be an important part of healing an injury, and ultrasound can maximize the efficiency of this process as well, by increasing protein fibroplasia and collagen synthesis. The sound waves travel at different speeds, and with different effects, depending on the tissue they encounter. But the healing outcome is owed to two effects: heat generation in damaged tissue, and acoustic streaming, the latter being the more important. If you go to a chiropractor, they could do the ultrasound for you. Ultrasound cost in a chiropractic office should be between $25-30 usually for 10 minute session which is not going to be enough to cover both legs, but you could see if you could work something out with your chiropractor. IF you were my patient, I would work something out so you could get effective US tx and not cost you a fortune. Lymphatic drainage massage: manual-lymphatic-drainage1 Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a form of massage that stimulates the lymphatic system with gentle massaging strokes. The light rhythmical massage encourages the lymphatic system to eliminate metabolic waste products, excess fluid and bacteria. The technique was invented by massage therapists Dr Emil and Mrs. Estrid Vodder in the early 1930s. The effects of Manual Lymph Drainage are numerous and include general benefits to the nervous and muscular systems. MLD is a great addition to other detox measures, as it encourages fluid flow in the connective tissues. The lymphatic system is composed of lymph vessels, lymph nodes, and organs. Part of the body’s defense system, the lymph nodes remove microorganisms and other foreign substances. They act as a filtration system that keeps particulate matter, such as bacteria, from entering the bloodstream. Stimulating the lymphatic system through manual lymphatic drainage will activate all of the above functions as well as encourage fluid circulation and cell regeneration. Both actions promote detoxification, facilitate healing and support the immune system. For this, you would just have to call around and asks massage therapist, could be looking at $50-70/hour depending on the area you live. Hope this info helps. Feel free to ask more q's. BTW, If I had to choose one over the other...I would do the Ultrasound right now because you can do basic massage on your own and get a lot of similar benefits of removing the toxins.
Will I have to pay additional money for more "procedures" like you are suggesting; such as lymphaatic drainage or should this be included as a post surgery ...not sure if I am to blame or do most PS include follow ups if results are not as good as the before stage. What should I expect?
yes- massage yourself, and go get professional lymphatic drainage massage. I also read that some massage with ultrasound helps- ask your PS about that.
Can you tell me more about the lymhatic drainage. How much does it cost? How many times did it take to get rid of your lumps?
Also, taking Bromelain is a good idea
You should have been massaging the area all along. I had PAL, more invasive than UAL and I have been massaging since the day after surgery. My doctor suggested using a rolling pin or something similar.
Will the lumps go away? How long did it take you to get rid of the dimples? Is there hope for me? I am 6 wks. out and the lumps are still there!
I am 2 weeks post-op today, I had Power Assisted Lipo. I have virtually NO lumps at all. I have already had 2 follow-up appointments and my doc and the staff are impressed at the smoothness of my thighs. As much as it hurt, I started rubbing and massaging my legs on the first day after surgery. Any massage would be at your expense, but if you have lumps, it will be worth the money. Using the ultrasound may be your best bet. It may be in your best interest to just do it yourself as I don't know if lymphatic massage will benefit you this far out after surgery. Lymphatic massage is most beneficial for swelling and pumping the toxins out of your system, just massage yourself. You will have to talk to your doc to see what he does about any "touch-up " work, but I doubt lumps are going to be addressed in a surgical process. You have to convey your concerns to your doctor, if you don't he will not know that you are unhappy. He should have educated you on massage after the procedure though. My doctor talked about it in my initial consultation before I committed to anything. Good Luck