Found a FANTASTIC surgeon for my tummy tuck! -Murray, UT

I have tried absolutely everything from extreme...

I have tried absolutely everything from extreme diets, pole fitness, gyms, the works.. nothing can get me to a place where im happy about my body, so ive given up! Its time for a tummy tuck to help repair separated muscles as well as lipo and tightening loose skin from two c-sections. I'm fairly young at 22 and know if i am to have children it'll pretty much undo what im going to have done but I have had two beautiful children. one whom passed away at a month old due to a delayed crash c section and one more my little girl who is 2 and just got diagnosed with Autism. Considering everything i have been through and all the stress that comes along with it, its time to do something for me and something that is going to change my life as well as my familys.
Im extremely insecure to the point where im embarrassed to leave the house, the only time I do is when it comes to my little girl and her therapies, schooling and activities. My boyfriend of 4 years hasn't seen me naked in nearly 3 years and when it comes to having sex or being intimate my shirt stays on!
Im so excited to be able to finally get this done! Its going to DRASTICALLY change my life!

Hiya! Just doing a bit of updating.. Im a little...

Hiya! Just doing a bit of updating.. Im a little over 2 weeks out for my surgery and I cant wait! I'm a bit nervous but so so excited! Im going to post lots of pics and hopefully post a little something on YouTube. RealSelf and YouTube have been a huge help and i want to be able to answer peoples questions and help them best i can with their journey!

Tummy tuck tomorrow, ill try and post pics as...

Tummy tuck tomorrow, ill try and post pics as often as possible. Not the least bit nervous just filled with excitement! Gonna be bummed about not being able to play with my little one other than that im so stoked!!!

Just got back from surgery, pretty sore, super...

Just got back from surgery, pretty sore, super lightheaded and nauseous. Still, I'm liking what i see with my binder on and all. Found out I had a hernia, yikes, he removed it, yay!

Doing a bit better today haven't been taking pain...

Doing a bit better today haven't been taking pain meds so probably in more pain than I could be but they make me nauseous and it absolutely kills when I throw up! Plus makes me dizzy, I hate it. I'll post a picture later. My muscles were separated a lot so it has sown them together and my tummy is quite swollen.

Today is day 3 post op. well, about 3.5. I'm still...

Today is day 3 post op. well, about 3.5. I'm still sore, still bent over but pain is definitely manageable. I'm doing light housework and better able to take care of myself. Drains are obnoxious and having a sore back really sucks!

Day 4 post op. doctor was super excited about my...

Day 4 post op. doctor was super excited about my results and recovery. He's absolutely fabulous. I am able to get a hold of him directly any time I need him and if I don't want to bother him his staff is also available. They sent me home with flowers and a free facial certificate. I could not be happier with the choice of going with Dr. Constantine. Today was the first day I had a bowl movement, it was awful! I'm not one to get constipated so I wasn't too worried but I sure did and it was horrendous! Please remember laxatives if you're considering this surgery.

Post op day 5. After having a bowel movement...

Post op day 5. After having a bowel movement yesterday I have significant less swelling and bloating its kind of nice but I can now feel where my drains are inside my incision and its quite odd and gross feeling. They, my drains, are SO ridiculously obnoxious and my back aches. That's one thing I did not plan on was my back hurting so much from carrying my body. I didn't buy anything special before hand other than vitamin c and miralax to help with constipation and to keep my immune system strong to fight off any bugs or infection. Luckily my couch is mostly big pillows that have helped support me in bed and in the living room. I've heard people buying all kinds of things but I don't find it necessary unless you are completely alone. Also, panties, I have heard, have significantly increased the risks of infections at the main incisions as well as irritating drains. I couldn't image having them on constantly the drains sting when tugs and moved.

Day 6 post op. shaved my legs today, it was heaven...

Day 6 post op. shaved my legs today, it was heaven as well as washing my whole body other than incision sights. I'm fairly confident ill get my drains out on Tuesday. They've slowed significantly. More obnoxious s time goes on though. Didn't get to sleep until 5 this morning was really uncomfortable and foolishly I surrounded myself in pillows and was unable to find the support need to situate. My guy doesn't wake for anything so I was on my own. Glad he got some rest though he's been my rock! My mom is going to come help me out with my little girl this week. I have to say that is the hardest part of this journey, not being able to play and interact with my little one like I wish I could. Excited for the day to come where I can have her at least sit with me, hopefully the day my drains come out!

Okay, so I am a bit nervous.. One of my drain...

Okay, so I am a bit nervous.. One of my drain sights is really red and warm and really hurts! I really hope it's not infected, did this happen to anyone else? I'm so concerned about having a seroma if it is infected and if it needs to be taken out early. I have both drains in and I'm still draining around 25-30cc per drain in a 24hr period and its day 6 post op. having a minor break down and seriously stressing out!

1week post op today! Yay! Still have drains and...

1week post op today! Yay! Still have drains and probably will until at least Friday.. I'm suppose to have less than 30cc in a 24 hour period for 2 days straight I'm around 50cc right now. I'm so sick of them, they are dreadful!

Post op day 9. Feeling tired, think I took it a...

Post op day 9. Feeling tired, think I took it a bit to far last week and its catchin up. Not really sore, slightly on my sides from lipo and drains are irritating and my body doesn't like them lol it's a bit red and tender hopefully they'll come out Friday and ill post more pics. Incision is healing nicely and itches like crazy, from what I can tell my belly button is doing awesome it has steristrips in it so can't see too well but doesn't look infected or anything. It's pretty cute and you won't be able to see a scar. Dr Constantine does awesome belly buttons you can definitely tell by his pictures compared to other surgeons. His website is ifcsutah.com.

Tonight is my first real breakdown. I'm in tears....

Tonight is my first real breakdown. I'm in tears. I miss my daughter! She's been pretty upset the last couple days and I feel like a terrible mother because I can't comfort her and its partially my fault that her routine has been messed with. She is autistic so messing with her routines really upsets her and throws her off. I love my results but seriously starting to regret the timing. :,( this is extremely hard!

Drains are gone, yay!

Post op day 11 and both drains got pulled today. I am so relieved, they were such a pain! It didnt hurt just pressure when pulled.
I went to my post op, Grammys house and chased my daughter round a bit and I'm exhausted, only running on 4 hours of sleep doesn't help either but other than that I'm doing well. I'm terrified of getting a seroma now that my drains are out.. I know that they don't hurt and aren't really harmful bit I still don't want to have to go to the doctors office to get it drained and prolong healing. Ill post pictures tomorrow, most likely, I'm just extremely beat!

Been getting exhausted easily..

I have been super tired lately and I have no painkillers... Blah. Took a shower, it was nice to get clean but it was exhausting and I had to be extremely cautious. Showers are my relaxation time normally and not to be able to fully enjoy it and do my thing kind of sucks. Ill try post pictures later, I was beat after my shower. Don't like how swollen and big my hips are and I've notice how fat the rest of my body is, can't wait to start working out.

A big fat mess...

Post op day 13 and I'm am emotional wreck! I miss my daughter, I'm sick of not being able to pick her up!! She seems so bored and its all my fault. It's making me really sad.

2 weeks, yay!

Post op day 14. Yay 2 week marker. Weekends go by so slow! I just wanna hold my kiddo, god I miss her!

2 weeks post op photos

Post Op Day 19

Went for a post op visit yesterday and they removed all tape. Still a bit of stuck scabs that will probably come off in the shower and its super puckered, the scar that is. I'm looking into getting a silicone strip but they are quite pricey at my ps office, like $120. I just can't justify spending money on something that might end up falling off and no longer stick after a few weeks. My skin gets incredibly dry so I'm sure it'll get dried out or goofed up with dry dead skin, as gross as that sounds. =/ hmm.. Advise? Suggestions?

3 weeks post op. (new photos)

21 days post op. able to do a lot more.. Not pushing myself though. Tried to pick up my daughter and carry her around and my body was telling me no so I'm gonna wait bout a week. Scar is ugly, still has the brown stuff around it because I'm not suppose to scrub it, it's still a little raw and scabs in some places. My PS wants me to get a silicone strip but it costs $120. That's too expensive for me, anyone have suggestions? Also, how long does each last? My belly button still needs to round out buts cute and adorable, I like it!

25 days with a possible very small seroma.

Pushed myself a bit much after drains got pulled I think I have an inch sized seroma going to get it checked out today.. Looking good in clothes for the most part, other than swelling. No more binder bought a generic spanx like undergarment for $18 at target. Works good, bit tight, makes me swell faster but I'm thinking it just needs some time to stretch a little bit.

4weeks

Just over 4 weeks started walking, picking up my child and playing with her. It definitely took a toll on me yesterday my abdomen really hurts today so I'm resting. Have an appointment Friday. Will post pictures soon.
Still haven't had sex, driving me crazy but my guy doesn't know the meaning of super gentle sex if its been a while so I'm a bit nervous, plus, I'm not to be on top, my sides hurt and swell if I'm on them too long and can't put pressure on my tummy so odds are against us for it to go too well. Lol.
Gained a bit of weight sitting around. Been watching what I eat but every Sunday my mom makes a huge dinner for all the kids and always has my favorite chocolate. I'm a sucker for chocolate, it's my weakness. Can't wait to start working out!

Almost 5 weeks

Still lots of swelling and had my seroma drained again today, he said I didn't have to it was a small amount that my body would absorb but since I was there he drained it. Said I could start my silicone strips, yay!

Almost 5 weeks pictures

Day 36, bout 5 weeks.

Hiya! Doing alright, starting my ScarAway silicone strips tomorrow. Scar is looking pretty good though. Still have a seroma, ps says my body should absorb the extra fluid. Still swell a bit and really want to start my intense work out bit can't yet and I really want to have my regular fabulous sex with my guy but don't know if my body is ready for it.. =/
Ill post pictures soon. Love my tummy but can't wait to work out and have the rest match. :)

6weeks

Still slightly sore, muscles mostly. Scar still puckered, slightly. Very end of insicion has a sore. It's tiny, like the size of a grain of sand, but haven't put silicone strips on yet due to it. Haven't been able to find good inexpensive running shoes to start jogging, hopefully soon. Uploading more pictures later, hopefully.
Dr. Constantine

After tons and tons of research and quite a few consultations in the salt lake area I have found a fabulous doctor! the others were all very nice and at a reasonable price, cheaper than the doctor I chose but i believe my doctor, Dr. Constantine, is absolutely fabulous in every way! His staff is equally great! He's board certified and has been practicing as a surgeon for years. When you speak with him you can tell he is a bit of a perfectionist in a very modest way. He's extremely professional, very kind, knowledgeable and gives it to you straight. He explained every single detail of the procedure and what to expect. He has a list of prior surgeries with before and after pictures as well as contacts you can call and talk to about their procedure and experiences. I'm 100% confident in having him do my procedure!

Would luv to see how your scar is looking and how u feel about everything now! Hopefully all is well and u r feeling great!
Hi! I went to him too. How are you? Would love to see some more pictures. I'm one month as of last Thursday. You look great!
I think it turned out beautifully! You look super fabulous :)
you look amazing, so happy for you :)
Your looking great Hun!! :)
You are looking fabulous! Congrats.
You look absolutely amazing. Love your results. I'm sorry you can't be able to hold your baby. With time you will. Hope you continue to have a smooth recovery.
I just booked mine with him September 5. So nervous!!
Yay! He's absolutely fabulous. Excited for you. Recovery has been pretty fast, lots of swelling for me but not as painful as I thought. Emotionally it was harder than expected.
Wow.. I love all the pictures.. You really documented it well. I did the same thing with my panty liners.. It helped so much.. You look amazing..
You look great! My advice is..you spent all this money to look so good. Another 120 to help the scar is a good investment.
Hey.. I think you look awesome.. But I do understand how sad you may feel not being able to pick your little one up I have a 2 yr old too and I waited until I was three weeks post op to pick her up!! I had a question what kinda lipo did your surgeon perform. Happy healing n cheer up
Thank you. Yeah, I tried picking her, my daughter, up few days ago and I definitely felt it. I wasn't ready. =/ maybe next week. I forget what type of lipo, says on my paper, just not home at the moment. He hand sculpted my upper abdomen but used something on my flanks.. Ill have to get back to you, sorry.
WOW! You look amazing! You are so tiny, with a butt and boobs still... totally not fair! My goal is to loose weight to be able to have a tt too! Congrats :)
Lol, you're sweet. Thank you. I am still not as comfident and happy as I'd like to be with my body and can't wait to work out and go tanning but ill get there. Thanks, again.
Hang in there! It was also difficult for me not being able to pick up my 2 yr old daughter and my 3.5 yr old son after my br aug. Which i am sure is nothing compared to the TT pain! Keep in mind the swelling has to go somewhere so your hips and possibly even legs might be taking on the swelling from your belly as it works its way down. My tummy got super swollen after my brst aug. Give it time and try not to over do it! Im sure it will be worth it in the end.
Thank you so much for the support. I love this site! How long was it before you were able to pick them up again?
Holy crap you look great! Pretty amazing at just two weeks and just think it will keep gettin better and better! I am so glad you r sharing your experience thank you! One of the big reasons i am waiting is due to my nervousness about the scar/incision. I am excited to see how your scar looks down the road. Ive heard it fades a lot. I cant wait for you to pick up your little girl again! I think it was week 3 I started to pick up my littlr girl again.
Omgoodness, you're so sweet. Oh man, I hope I can scoop her up in a week. I feel pretty good. Haven't had any kind of pain killers for 4 days now and I just feel a slight tightness to my upper abdomen. Oh, and my drain incisions still sting a bit just like any little annoying wound. They are right where my binder ends and panties lay so they get a bit irritated.
I dont mind the scar/incision because I had 2 c sections. It faded pretty well, then again, I couldn't see it after my second one due to all the sagging skin. Lol. It's definitely a good trade off for me, the only one who will see it would be my guy.. Omg, my guy is gonna see me without a shirt on while intimate for the first time in 3 years! Yay! Other than that it'll be hidden under panties and swimsuits. Also, you won't be able to tell that I have a scar for my belly button because Dr. Constantine does fabulous, adorable, great looking belly buttons. :) if its something that you want and will improve your life then do it especially if your man is okay with it. :)
Hi! I am going for a second consult with him this month. Really want to do this, but so nervous. I have 3 kids. What was the pain like? Will I be able to run around with my kids after a few weeks? I live in Draper, UT.
Sent you a private message just because it was quite Lon and didn't know if you'd remember to check back here. :)
Ohh, I re- red your comment and realized what it actually said. Well, your not draining much now, so it'll be fine. Just don't over do it. The more activity, the more fluid you accumulate is what I was told.
You don't have to worry about a seroma until after the drains are out. It's the same fluid that accumulates in the drains - when they are removed and it has no where else to go. Most people do not get them, and usually it's the people that had a large amount removed. ( like me).
When did you get your drains removed?