A VERY Good Experience - Mount Sinai, NY

The surgeries were extensive. Since the earlier...

The surgeries were extensive. Since the earlier doctor has said there was nothing wrong, the cancer had a chance to spread: about 3inches by 3 inches on the front part of my scalp. Now, about 6 weeks later I have had surgeries and grafts and suture removal, all sorts of unpleasant sounding things.

I'm so sorry to hear your cancer was misdiagnosed. How long has it been since you had the surgery?

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

After 2 previous bad experiences with skin cancer surgeries, this was remarkably easy and pleasant experience, made so by Dr Khorasani and his great team. I saw Dr Khorasani for a skin cancer which had been mis diagnosed by another doctor more than a year earlier. Having had two other surgical experiences with two other doctors which were less than ideal, I asked for an initial meeting to be sure I would trust myself to this Doctor. He gave me plenty of time, answered what he could answer and gave ranges of answers for what he couldn't know in advance. I felt prepared and ready. The funny thing is, though, I always looked forward to the appointments. The staff was always warm and friendly and reassuring and encouraging. It was like going out for a beer with some friends (without the alchohol). I hope you never need the kind of procedures I needed, but if you do, I hope you can get a chance to work with Dr Hooman Khorasani and his great team at Mt Sinai.