Love my Tummy Tuck! - Mountain View, CA

After a 50 lb plus weight loss last year, it was...

After a 50 lb plus weight loss last year, it was time to have the tummy tuck I had wanted for almost 30 years! I am 58 years old and am healing well. I am delighted and am looking better every week. Friends that have had the surgery all said it was the best thing they had ever done and I totally agree.

Finally a photo!

Almost five months since surgery. Feeling amazing every time I pass a mirror.

Before Photos

I did find some photos Dr took at the pre-op in middle of March 2013. They of photos of photos so not that clear but you get the idea.

Almost six month update!

I gotta say this last month has been a vast improvement in my recovery - I am feeling almost completely normal pain wise and looking fantastic! I had almost two weeks off from work for a stay at home vacation and I believe my body needed that to heal and relax. I took it easy but worked out at the gym almost daily. Not that I was in much pain but now I can tell a big difference.
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Lowen and his staff to be very professional. The doctor answered all my questions and I felt he had the experience, confidence and expertise to do a great job which he has. He was very honest with me every step of the way.

Did you have to do any muscle repair? Pre op you looked very similar to me except my tummy looked more melted down the front of me! Congratulations! We're now on the flat side!
Yes I had muscle repair. It has been six months and am surprised how every day I am so glad I did this. Before I was able to hide the tummy under clothes so no one really had any idea. Now I look and feel fabulous! Healing has been slower because of my age though.
He gave u a good bb ... I've seen alot that look really weird .. I hope mine turns out good ... Did he have u do anything to it to make it go in or did it do it on its own ?
I did not have to do anything to the bb. My scar is a little lopsided but is fading and flattening. I think your incision line will look great. Give it time. I personally knew I would have a scar. I just wanted to get rid of the huge belly and loose skin.
So glad you are going .
It is a wonderful experience .. Congrats

Welcome to the community and congratulations on your new tummy.  You are doing well so keep moving forward:)

Your story is a wonderful reminder that no matter our age we can achieve our goals! Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations!!
I wish now I had taken some "before" pictures...
Does the Doctor have any?
I posted them this morning. Thanks I had forgotten they even existed.