52 Years Old, Skin Looks Great 10 Months Later! - Mountain View, CA

I had laser resurfacing on my face with Dr. Jason...

I had laser resurfacing on my face with Dr. Jason Emer of Mountain View, CA in August of 2013. I read many reviews on this website and was nervous about the recovery. Honestly, it wasn't that bad at all. Around the third day my face felt very tight, like I had put a mud mask on that needed to be peeled off. It wasn't painful, just a little different. The next day it began peeling and I had minor itchiness that was easily treated with cortisone cream. It felt very dry for a week, so you frequently smear vaseline or a similar product on it. I was red but didn't look odd enough to avoid public situations after the 4th day or so. There are makeups available that lessen the red look that I used if I was going to be scrutinized. Honestly, I bought it and only used it 2 or 3 times. As for the results, my skin still looks fabulous almost a year later. Sun spots and freckles were gone, and I have had many people to this day comment on my beautiful skin. I always felt that my pores looked too big even when I was in my 20's, so my skin is better than it ever was. I never got comments about my skin before the procedure. I would highly recommend it, with the right doctor. I think it can go very wrong with oozing and scabbing if you choose someone unskilled. I highly recommend Dr Emer if you are anywhere in the Bay Area. He is definitely worth the trip!
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon