Was Looking to Freshen Up the Look of my Face - Mountain View, CA

This was my second Fraxel, the first being about...

This was my second Fraxel, the first being about three years prior. I was looking to diminish the look of some freckling that had occurred around my cheek bones, right below my eyes and on my forehead. I was also looking to diminish some fine lines around my mouth and eyes.

Dr. Emer provided a complete consultation taking his time to explain the various option of the Fraxel procedure (there are a lot - from the type of laser used to the specific wavelength setting selected). His office staff was warm and welcoming and ensure a comfortable experience.

During the procedure itself Dr. Emer and the nurse assisting him checked in constantly to ensure my pain level was OK and talked about what was was being done and the desired outcome. Dr. Emer really shined during post procedure followup and returned any and all questions I had in a timely manner. This was really important to me as there is a healing process involved. He assured me I was progressing normally and a week later I am thrilled with the results. My skin is clear, noticeably smoother, and younger looking. I would definitely recommend Dr. Emer.
San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

See procedure review :). A great choice in doctor.

Thanks for your review, glad you are happy with your results. Do you know what setting your laser was set at? Did you use numbing cream prior to the procedure? Would love to see before and after pictures if you have any to share.
I typically do not take pictures of my fraxel patients unless they have some significant pathology such as melasma, scars, photodamage; unless the patients request it. Numbing cream is always used for 45-60 minutes prior to the procedure, we recommend arnica pills to be taken starting the day before, and often will give an injection of toradol for pain relief. We use a zimmer cooler during the procedure for additional pain relief. I have done 1000s of fraxel treatments without any pain complaints. In general, for patients requesting preventative maintenance, I use 30-40mj, treatment level 6-8, and 8 passes. I recommend the wavelength (1927 vs 1550) depending on the personal individual goals and skin type. Treatments are individualized to each person and the settings are not "cookie cutter." I hope this answered the questions you had.