One Day Post Op Breast Aug and Tummy Tuck (Mommy Makeover) with Inverted Nipple Correction - Mountain View, CA

I started my journey 1 month ago when my boyfriend...

I started my journey 1 month ago when my boyfriend inspired me to quit putting off my life's dream...a tummy tuck. I also wanted a BA and inverted nipple correction, but thought it would always be financially out of reach. But he offered to help make my dream come true (financially) and take care of me.post surgery. He also motivated me to not put off my dream any longer when I could be living / enjoying it in 2013, and XMas break a perfect time to recover. In 2 weeks with met with 6 Board Cert PS, and here I am recovering at his place in peace and quiet without my kids around for the 1st time in 12 years!

Stuart Pearl

Choosing my provider was an intense, time consuming process. I will need to complete this later, but we met with 6 different PS for consultation, and some multiple times, all in a two week period! Overall, I loved the fact Dr Pearl has his own accredited surgery center, and he strikes a great balance of confidence but not arrogance, and he does not want to over promise and under deliver. He wanted to make sure I had proper expectations about results before wanting me as a patient. That says a lot. I did expect to be able to provide 5 starts in all these areas, and so far I can hostely do so. In fact, I would provide a 10 out of 10 star in every category. As for my results, so far they look great given one day post opp but time will tell. At this point, I am very happy we went with Dr. Pearl and his staff. I'm definitely glad I did not stop after meeting with PS #3!

Congrats, my drains are off to each side...You look great!
Congrats!!! I love that photo of you seeing "boobs" on YOU for the first time...brought a tear to my eye. I'm a little emotional these days and I can't quite place why. I guess it's anticipation. I imagined seeing mine for the first time. I have mixed feelings...YOU look amazing! Can already see it!!!
oh my! I just checked out the tubes pict., those do look painful, hope your recovery runs smoothely, and I'm happy you're able to have one of your long-time dreams come true! Happy 2013!

Woo-hoo! You're on the other side. Glad you have such a supportive boyfriend.

How are you feeling?

I can't believe that I'm 6 days through recovery. I was feeling much better except the last few days the drain tubes have been the post painful. I was on 2 percs every four hours until day 5 in which I switched 2 one part way through the day. Today, I just took 1 in the morning. However, this morning I woke up and started having a pain in my leg on the outside from the right hip along the thigh to almost the knee (along the IT band). Very painful to walk or move leg. Boyfriend said pain was running all along IT band, but talked to PS just in case. He recommended heat or ice, 3 Ibuprophen, and massage. Otherwise, I am feeling well. Have been eating, sleeping, watching a lot of TV/Movies, and drinking a lot of water (so lots of trips to bathroom). Besides that, zero activity. I am dying to take a shower! As for my results, so far loving how the boobs look but wish I could have gone bigger. The intense pressure in my chest has subsided (or maybe I am getting used to it!) and no pain in the chest since day 2 of recovery. As for my stomach, I love how low the scar is but it is much longer than I expected. I preferred a longer scar if it would give me a flatter stomach and better contour. Also, right now I hate that my tummy sticks out above my stitches. I am worried about this and am hopeful it is just a lot of swelling. For me, this process has been a lot worse than childbirth and much harder than I had expected. Lastly, I'd just like to say my doctor has also been terrific post op. I have called 3 times in the evenings after hours, and have connected with him via phone each time, including X-mas eve. for pain despite 2 percs every 4 hours, constipation/no PM by day 5, and pain in my leg.
I also had a BA and TT, I'm on day 5 - my tummy also sticks out above my incision line, mine is actually even more pronounced than yours. I've been worried too, it looks like a "roll" but everyone here has assured me that its just swelling and will go down eventually! We just have to hang in there!
Thank you for letting me know about your surgery and glad to hear others assure you the "roll" will go away. Yes, we do have to hang in there. It is all we can do! I see my doctor tomorrow (Weds) for the first time since my first day post op. Looking forward to what he has to say. My leg pain was really bad again today. I usually run on the treadmill 6-7x per week, so my boyfriend thinks all the long sitting/laying with my knees bent over the pillow are causing my hip flexors to tighten up and irritate my IT band (no pain in the knee). He massaged my IT band and it the feels a little better but walking is extremely painful. Will try to start getting up more frequently than 1x every 2 hours to prevent tightness. I am usually on my feet all day at work, so this laying around for 8 days straight is taking its toll. I took a look at your pictures and you look great for 1 week out. You appear to have swelled up quite a bit more...sorry to hear/see. I unfortunately was also having my period the same day as my surgery, but at least was able to wear normal panties. (My poor boyfriend had to learn to remove tampons...LOL!) Today I started to get negative because I had no idea how hard this was going to be, and I was really hoping to be feeling much less pain by now. Yet, this evening I was back to taking two percs again as my chest was hurting a lot (it hadn't for a couple of days). I also really miss my kids. Like you, I am also used to exercising all the time and am so used to doing it in the morning as a mood enhancer. My boyfriend pointed out there is no turning back the clock now, so we need to look towards why we wanted to do this in the first place, and be as optimistic and positive to help our recoveries. Hope you have a much better wednesday!