Best Decision I've Ever Made. No Regrets! -

My main motivation was to look in the mirror and...

My main motivation was to look in the mirror and see a lower face/neck that matched the rest of my body, energy level and zest for life. I feel young, stay physically active, am athletic and love to motivate myself and those around me to experience every day to the fullest. I got a lower face (SMAS) lift and am now on day four of recovery. I was awake during the entire procedure and felt,smelled and heard everything. Fortunately I was sedated , totally relaxed and carried on a 3.5 hour conversation with my ps the entire time. I liked her from the get-go. I just wanted my lower face lifted and did not want general anesthesia. I told her I probably will go for neck lift some day but did not want to have more than one procedure at a time. She reassured me that her procedure would entail a lifting and firming of the neck area so I wouldn't need to go for a second operation. At that particular moment I was sold. I am still healing but I am already ecstatic about the change under my chin and upper neck area. I can't wait until all the swelling goes down so I ca download more pictures. It was not a cake walk. I took the pain medication they gave me and the Valium for sleeping (and boy did I sleep to which I credit the quick recovery). Now Day four I'm just taking Xtra strength Tylenol and its working fine. The best part about this procedure is that she went under the skin and pulled up the facial muscles and reattached them so I will only look like myself 10 -12 years ago. That is all I wanted in the first place. I am adding some before and after pics just of my neck and jowl area because the rest is still very swollen. I will add the rest as the inflammation subsides considerably. I would recommend my doctor to anyone. She really listens to you and doesn't try to up-sell services. Her personality is also lovely which is a huge plus:) I
All this being said I don't want to downplay that this is a surgery that requires down time and a lot of rest. I slept A LOT for three days in a row, would get up to eat (preferably soup for meals and yogurt, ice cream or fruit smoothies for snacks and before taking meds). You want peace and quiet and ice religiously and wear your head wrap. Day four you begin to feel like yourself again but take it easy regardless of how good you feel. One last note, i know many want to do two procedures and get it over with, also save money etc. If you can though I truly suggest doing one at a time with local anesthesia. IMHO, the recovery is a lot faster and swift. Blessings to all who take the plunge!

Still loving my SMAS

Four plus months later
I am still so happy I did this for myself... I feel like the difficult past 10 years were just wiped from my face. I look like me but pre-suffering me . The wounds ended up healing well and all is well. If this is something you've been pondering about for a while don't doubt yourself!!!!
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Super professional, confident, great listener, honest, down to earth, lovely, just a great fit for me.