There Are No Words to Describe How Awesome Dr. C Is! - Mount Airy, MD

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer shortly...

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer shortly after my fortieth birthday, before my "first ever" mammogram. I was devistated and scared. After deciding to fight, I endured a mastectomy, grueling chemotherapy, radiation, two failed implant attempts and a bad infection with the best doctors at Johns Hopkins. I had resigned myself to the fact that I would live the rest of my life looking like a "freak". One year later, I was reluctant to start the process of finding a plastic surgeon who could make me feel feminine again. As I had already been through the reconstruction process, I was a bit skeptical.

He performed LD flap surgery with an expander. He exchanged the expander for an implant and put an implant in the other side so I would "match". I am so excited that finally, after two years, I am a cancer survivor who is EXTREMELY pleased with my results. Dr. C has made me feel "whole" again. I will always have my battle scars, but wear them proudly and am proud to be amongst the sisterhood of breast cancer survivors.

I'm truly sorry you had such a hard road. No one should have to go through that. I'm glad, however, you were able to find a doctor who could make you feel more "whole" again (love that wording!). Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf!

Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

You will not find a better doctor than Dr. Cappuccino in all aspects. My consultation was amazing. Dr. C seemed genuinely excited to help me. Had I never met Dr. Cappuccino and his wonderful staff, I would not be as happy as I am today. I look better today than I did before my crazy ordeal! I cannot express my thanks and gratitude enough. I will always be grateful to Dr. Cappuccino for all that he has done for me. He is incredible and takes a sincere, personal interest in each of his patients.