Not Worth It - Montreal, QC

I use to have bad acnee but did a light treatment...

I use to have bad acnee but did a light treatment and used cream. As i got older it got better but i still had alot of red spots (scars) and black heads. So a dermatologist told me to get a chemical peel. my skin is now very sensitive specially around nose. Months after my skin started to get red around nose and cheek. I suspect it.to be from the chemical peel. it makes my upper lip very pale. its hard to hide and makes me ugly. Plus it didnt even get rid of my black heads. I have more than ever.now. I got this done when i was 19 now i am almost 23.
epiderma

Hi post peel is just as important as pre peel instructions. VITAL in fact. You can contact Obagi and use a product called 'blender.' Its part of their NuDerm range and helps to blend and negate and lines of demarcation post peel. It will work but you must wear at least spf 50 and avoid at all times sitting in direct sunlight. All ladies back in the day sheltered their skin from the sun under parasols without having peeled their skin. It is imperative that you avoid exposure to direct sunlight, this means not going outside for even 5 mins to hang out the washing. I've seen clients in Winter who's sun damage has come back from light reflecting from snow and even though I had warned them they thought they knew better. Its a hard lesson to learn so take advice from professionals and never assume you know better. Please let me know how you get on. Regards, Roisin.
i see nothing, your beautiful your pretty! be a good person, this society is making people crazy, i had the exact same thing, i was 19 years old and i burned my face badly on a holiday, i had a beautiful baby soft skin, i never had a pimmel, no i have pimmels on my cheecks, my nose is full of blackheads and i have wide pores on the side of my nose, and more hyperpigmentation. I used lactic acid 15% i used tca peeling 20% it all good worse! You only need to use organic products for your face such as aloe vera, and green peeling neoderma the best peeling ever! And dont be insecure, i have the most beautiful husband in the world and i believe in God and im happy with my life! sure sometimes im very insecure about my skin, but we all will get old and die, thats life!
I don't know that seeing another doctor to have something else done is the best solution, because sometimes you go to have 1 thing fixed, and you end up with new issues/flaws. (!) I'm speaking from experience, and it's incredibly frustrating. More money spent, and in the end you look no better, if not worse.

I'm sorry to hear you aren't happy with the results of your chemical peel. I can understand why you might feel self conscious about the lighter skin, but it definitely does not make you ugly, or anything even remotely close! Have you considered going to another dermatologist to get opinions on what could be done to even out the skin tone since its bothering you?