I didn't know I wanted a nose job until the surgeon suggested It -Monterrey, MX

I always had a problem with my chin. I used to...

I always had a problem with my chin. I used to have a small receding chin that I hated. I found a surgeon through my aunt in Mexico and I got in contact with him by email. He then suggested that I could refine and lift the tip of my nose to fix the overall profile. Well after 2-3 weeks of thinking I went for it. I met the surgeon 1 hour before the surgery! And it was there that he explained to me everything and showed me pictures of his previous work which looked okay I guess.

Here were my first mistakes
1. I knew very little about my surgeon
2. I never really had a problem with my nose.
3. I stupidly thought that I would back to normal in max. A week
4. And I didn't even ask that many questions.

During the surgery I was in a twilight sleep. I was sedated but I remember waking up in parts of it!!! I clearly remember saying "why am I awake? Please I want to go back to sleep". Good thing is that I didn't have pain. After the 3 hour surgery it took me one hour to fully wake up and off they wheeled me to my mom and grandpa.

I vomited as soon as I got home. I bled from my nose like a faucet for 3-4 hours. And I swelled up like a balloon.

The following day I woke up early to travel back to USA. My mom and I took a 4 hour bus ride exactly 24 hours after my nose job. And 48 hours after my nose job I was back to work! (I work in a office and everybody knew of course).

Well on Tuesday my body gave in and I passed out while sitting down, at the ER they gave me pain meds and happy pills, and sent me back to work. I needed the rest but I was in a crucial training that I couldn't miss.

Anyway, a week later I woke up to a nightmare! My right eye was red, crusty, and had bright green discharge! My nose was draining bright green mucus too and my stitches were red and opening!!! I freaked out and had a mini panic attack! Well I took the bus back to Mexico and saw the surgeon so he could remove my stitches... He said nothing was wrong and sent me home. I went to see another doctor that prescribed me strong antibiotics and by the next day I was MUCH better.

Swelling went down for the next 2 weeks and everything seemed alright until I decided to flash a light up my nostrils and there they were stitches!!! He hadn't removed those! I pulled on one and it just slid off effortlessly but the other one I pulled until it bled and broke my skin. I hope I didn't damage anything.

Now it's been almost 9 weeks and I have a lot lf anxiety due to my nose job. I have a hard time looking at my nose. I am afraid and scared of infection, perforation, collapse, cartilage, and other things. I'm on prescribed Xanax for my anxiety. I have post rhino PTSD. I am scared. I regret it. And I was very stupid for doing it....

I'm still trying to deal with the daily changes that I see as my swelling goes down. It's horrible.

I'll post more as I continue this journey.
I should have just stuck with the chin implant and that's it.

Sharing Post-Op pictures

I just thought id share some of my before and afters.. What do you think?

Example of nose swelling

Just to show you guys how bad swelling can be at one week! Don't dispair!!! There is light at the end.

sad and regretful :/

I am almost 3 months post op. Im very dissapointed and sad. I regret ever doing this. The right side of my nose looks too shaved down and the left side is deformed. Both sides look like different noses. What can i do!? My nose is deformed.

6 month update

My nose is constantly changing. I am 6 months post op. The left side is more swollen and I think some of it might be permanent. The tip was reduced significantly and as a result it's pointy and thinner than the bridge. The tip has good profile definition which makes me happy. I'm still unsure about how I feel.

What do you think?
Cesar Tamez

I don't know yet

It looks very refined to me and suits your face. It will still change to the better.
I still see changes in my cousins nose and its been 3 years since her surgery. It looks better then the first year and more natural. Hang in there. Your results are great!
How are you feeling now?
Be patient let time pass there are days when my nose still swells up and its been 9 months . I know its hard but you are your worst judge. Your very beautiful
There is still swelling and your nose will keep changing. I think your nose is cute and fits your face. Thanks for the update.
Honestly, give it time! Your nose will be constantly changing up until a year. Your nose looks beautiful in my opinion, just be patient. x
You look awesome ! The new chin suits your face
Thanks for sharing your pictures! Putting them side by side really shows how much the nose changes from week to week. You look great :-)
From your pictures, I don't think you have any reason to feel discouraged. Your results look so beautiful and natural. Once you've fully recovered and healed, you'll feel a lot more relaxed. It just takes some time. :)
There you are I just seen your before and after photos amazing . Your beautiful and your Dr did did an excellent job too. Im always amazed at how the nose especially can alter the beauty so much especially around ones eyes
Thank you!

If it makes you feel any better about your situation, I think you look stunning!

Thank you Angie! It does make me feel better. I think it's not so much the nose but the whole recovery process that's stressing me out so much.

What size chin implant do you have?
Medium size implant.
What size chin implant do you have?
Th after pic - you with black shirt on? If so, you look good.
Th after pic - you with black shirt on? If so, you look good.
Your nose really does look absolutely great. I understand you had a bad experience, but please, don't think for one minute that it looks anything but wonderful. I don't know if your nose function has decreased, but if we are only talking about aesthetics, it looks very, very nice!
I can breath perfectly fine. I guess I'm being too critical... I've also had a constant pressure/tingly feeling on top of my left side of nose. Could it be sinus?
I don't know because each person experiences sinus infections differently. I myself have had sinus infections and have had two rhinos. Each rhino was a completely different experience. I know its hard, but you have to believe everything looks great. I understand its hard for you to c that, but we all want what we don't have or think we should have. Ur nose is not only very nice, but it looks to be an improvement from your before pic. I, myself, had a lot of sleepless months when I had my first rhino, and those are months I will never get back. U have amazing results, and please know how fortunate you are. If you are having anxiety to PTSD from complications and from the actual experience, that is one thing, but if it is because of the results, please don't waste one more second. :-)