A complete new profile!

I always had a problem with my chin. I used to...

I always had a problem with my chin. I used to have a small receding chin that I hated. I found a surgeon through my aunt in Mexico and I got in contact with him by email. He then suggested that I could refine and lift the tip of my nose to fix the overall profile. Well after 2-3 weeks of thinking I went for it. I met the surgeon 1 hour before the surgery! And it was there that he explained to me everything and showed me pictures of his previous work which looked okay I guess.

Here were my first mistakes
1. I knew very little about my surgeon
2. I never really had a problem with my nose.
3. I stupidly thought that I would back to normal in max. A week
4. And I didn't even ask that many questions.

During the surgery I was in a twilight sleep. I was sedated but I remember waking up in parts of it!!! I clearly remember saying "why am I awake? Please I want to go back to sleep". Good thing is that I didn't have pain. After the 3 hour surgery it took me one hour to fully wake up and off they wheeled me to my mom and grandpa.

I vomited as soon as I got home. I bled from my nose like a faucet for 3-4 hours. And I swelled up like a balloon.

The following day I woke up early to travel back to USA. My mom and I took a 4 hour bus ride exactly 24 hours after my nose job. And 48 hours after my nose job I was back to work! (I work in a office and everybody knew of course).

Well on Tuesday my body gave in and I passed out while sitting down, at the ER they gave me pain meds and happy pills, and sent me back to work. I needed the rest but I was in a crucial training that I couldn't miss.

Anyway, a week later I woke up to a nightmare! My right eye was red, crusty, and had bright green discharge! My nose was draining bright green mucus too and my stitches were red and opening!!! I freaked out and had a mini panic attack! Well I took the bus back to Mexico and saw the surgeon so he could remove my stitches... He said nothing was wrong and sent me home. I went to see another doctor that prescribed me strong antibiotics and by the next day I was MUCH better.

Swelling went down for the next 2 weeks and everything seemed alright until I decided to flash a light up my nostrils and there they were stitches!!! He hadn't removed those! I pulled on one and it just slid off effortlessly but the other one I pulled until it bled and broke my skin. I hope I didn't damage anything.

Now it's been almost 9 weeks and I have a lot lf anxiety due to my nose job. I have a hard time looking at my nose. I am afraid and scared of infection, perforation, collapse, cartilage, and other things. I'm on prescribed Xanax for my anxiety. I have post rhino PTSD. I am scared. I regret it. And I was very stupid for doing it....

I'm still trying to deal with the daily changes that I see as my swelling goes down. It's horrible.

I'll post more as I continue this journey.
I should have just stuck with the chin implant and that's it.

Oh my gosh, that is scary. If it helps at all, you look fabulous! I hope you're breathing well (that's the most important thing, of course), and that your PTSD goes away soon. We are here for you!

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. The good thing is, there is always a way to fix it. There are skilled surgeons out there who will know exactly how to fix it, if it even needs fixing. You're probably still very swollen so give it some time. Stay positive!

Sharing Post-Op pictures

I just thought id share some of my before and afters.. What do you think?

There you are I just seen your before and after photos amazing . Your beautiful and your Dr did did an excellent job too. Im always amazed at how the nose especially can alter the beauty so much especially around ones eyes

If it makes you feel any better about your situation, I think you look stunning!

Thank you Angie! It does make me feel better. I think it's not so much the nose but the whole recovery process that's stressing me out so much.

Example of nose swelling

Just to show you guys how bad swelling can be at one week! Don't dispair!!! There is light at the end.

You look awesome ! The new chin suits your face
Thanks for sharing your pictures! Putting them side by side really shows how much the nose changes from week to week. You look great :-)
From your pictures, I don't think you have any reason to feel discouraged. Your results look so beautiful and natural. Once you've fully recovered and healed, you'll feel a lot more relaxed. It just takes some time. :)

sad and regretful :/

I am almost 3 months post op. Im very dissapointed and sad. I regret ever doing this. The right side of my nose looks too shaved down and the left side is deformed. Both sides look like different noses. What can i do!? My nose is deformed.

How are you feeling now?
Be patient let time pass there are days when my nose still swells up and its been 9 months . I know its hard but you are your worst judge. Your very beautiful

6 month update

My nose is constantly changing. I am 6 months post op. The left side is more swollen and I think some of it might be permanent. The tip was reduced significantly and as a result it's pointy and thinner than the bridge. The tip has good profile definition which makes me happy. I'm still unsure about how I feel.

What do you think?

Your nose looks beautiful. You might still changes up to 1 1/2 year after! Don't worry so much, you're a doll! Remember that with hot weather days, it might swell more.
Thank you!
as a PS I had a rhinoplasty done a month ago and my left side vs right side is very similar to yours in that one side looks one way and the other quite different, I'm just trying to remain patient and also remind myself people are generally not perfectly symmetrical and its impossible for a person to simultaneously view both side profiles at once to compare them! You are beautiful!

One year after...

Here's my profile one year after my weightloss, nose job, chin implant, and latisse! Please I want to know what you think...

w
Very beautiful! I am so happy for you!!!
Stunning!