Huge Difference Can't Wait for the Future - Montclair, NJ

We did pre-op pictures before my cellulite...

We did pre-op pictures before my cellulite procedure and there is a huge difference even though it’s only been one week. I have some bruising left over still, but he told me progressively that its going to continue to improve up until about six months. So I said well gee, if it looks this good now, I can only imagine what it’s going to look like in another six months! The skin is so much smoother than it was. I have tried massage therapies, different diets or exercise in the past, but it never helped. So I will highly recommend him to other people

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Hey.... Hope all is well and you get maximum results.....please update us...thanx
Same for me JOJO Dr. D did mine 2 weeks ago ... I'm
Still swollen but most of the bruising has subsided. I still dont see results either and mine was very minor. I'm pretty discouraged as well. Can't say for sure. Maybe I see a slight difference and the skin feels smoother but not exactly worth what I paid.

You probably need 4 weeks to look good in a bathing suit because of the swelling.

I honestly probably would do it after the summer it's SO hot and the garment is a bitch. I know you want to enjoy your vacation but I personally would have waited since you won't see results that fast.

Regardless let's all stay positive for the 3 month mark! This has to work, right?!
Hi Jojo425

I had my cellulaze done with Dr Dibernardo on May 1 and was able to go to beach on May 28 Memorial Day. I bruised bad the first week Drink a lot of pinapple juice week before so bruising wont be so bad. Your legs will be sore and no exercise for the first four weeks they told me. I am actually going back to gym today for the first time. I still see hardly any improvements with my cellulaze very very little. I went back for my month visit this past week and Dr. D said it takes 3-6 months to start to see any results. I am hoping this was not a waster of money. Will keep you posted. Good luck
Ladies thank you for sharing. I have my first appointment with Dr. Dibernardo this week. I am a part time fitness instructor and yes I still have cellulite. I am turning 40 and just want it gone but I am nervous about being able to teach. Also big trip for my 40th in Aug. will I be able to be in a bathing suit? Does anyone have before and after pics? Thanks
Okay I called the office to vent and they put me on the phone with a nice girl who's 22 also and had it done 2 weeks ago. She said I can wear Spanx on the weekends and as long as I have compression for 3 full weeks by the 3rd weekend I'll be fine to put on a bikini depending. Her swelling and brushing were gone and she had just 12 sectors I'm getting 14. She really put my mind at ease and said the tiny incision sites just put a lot of suncreen to avoid scars by the 3rd week. I'm going to do it. As long as I just avoid the beach I'll get a cool cover up for my bottoms and Spanx to go out at night on the weekends I'm okay with :). I'm going for it! So tired of being scared and living with a lumpy booty!

You are all amazing and have helped me immensely!
And I'll continue to wear it full time during the week and Spanx on weekend nights! And I'll steal a few hours here and there.

And who am I kidding I spray tan anyway I hate the sun I just want to be able to hang out in my yard in a bikini that's all!

I'll just have to rock a serious flat tummy for awhile to distract from my legs haha!

I would wear it for the first month if you really want to do it right. You can still wear longer shorts or just have to sacafice for those weeks dont worry you will be fine he told me I should not be in the sun for about the first month at least good luck

I already paid them but I'm just so confused at this point I really wish they would have told me more things ahead of time. I don't mind wearing it 24/7 the first weeks and I'm planning on doing Spanx Memorial Day Weekend when I go out at night and I guess no beach that weekend. I was going to stay up North the second week of June so that'll be fine for me to wear it 24/7 again but by the 3rd week I feel like I should be able to go a few hours without it in a suit, if not def by the 4th week no? Just on weekends after the 3rd week?
Well then it's settled. Unless you are willing to lose the money (BTW, I didn't have that kind of cash at 23 lucky girl!) I would stop planning it out and just go with it. You may heal quickly and be able to steal an hour or so out of it here and there, but as you can't predict how your body will react, stop planning out the next few weeks and adjust. I know you are young and have a beach house, but this next 3 weeks is a very short period of time in the big picture. You'll likely be ready by 4th of July (and then Labor Day) - so just throw Memorial Day out the window - I'd say that's not happening - and just look at the big picture! BIG PICTURE!!!! Cellulite improvement or possibly totally gone. Keep your eye on the end point. Be sure to make your own post so we can follow your story too!
It's honestly just my butt and a few spots on my side legs ... I was told it was a small area, much like Laurel's. It seems that everyone has different views on the compression garment and honestly when I go to the beach I don't stay more than an hour anyway so I can't see if I cover up I can't take it off for a few hours 1 day a week
honey, mine was not small. I was marked up like a checkerboard. I had huge areas on the side of my thighs, back of my highs and practically my entire bum. I agree with Chelsea, I wouldn't do it based on what you are sharing. I was bruise free in 11 days, but there's another gal on here who is 2 1/2 weeks out and still totally bruised. Seems like you are timing this procedure wrong if going to the beach so important to you. I will tell you that even though I am bruise free, I am SUPER SORE. It's way more comforable with it on that off - it supports you and protects your skin. Go enjoy your summer and plan the procedure in the fall when you are not in shorts and bikini. Give it some thought.
Laurel, where can I see your post op pics? Would be nice to compare. :)
I just privately messaged you (through this website) the link. Go to you inbox.
You guys make me feel SO much better thnak you, I've literally had the worst night since I left the office!!!! So do you think if I wear it 24/7 I can get away with a couple hours on the weekend in just Spanx at night? I'm 23 and all I wear are short skirts and shorts lol!!! I guess I have to avoid the beach for a little ... how long do you think?!
My opinion would be to NOT do the procedure. If you already wear short skirts and shorts, then your legs must look great. Don't do anything unnecessary. The recovery is always more than what they tell you.
almostfamous: It is soooooo NOT that bad. I am on day 12 post procedure and my bruising is 95% gone, the swelling is practically gone. I am still sore to touch and achy, but way better than a week ago. The compression garment is not so bad, it definitely does limit what you can wear- but listen- would you rather struggle for a few weeks on outfits or get rid of your cellulite? COME ON! I am practically cellulite free and beyond thrilled - and I'm barely two weeks out. Look up my post "I had Cellulaze yesterday in Beverly Hills, CA." I posted before pix, 2 days later pix and 11 days later pix. YOU CAN DO THIS. A few weeks in a compression garment and then the rest of the summer shakin' your stuff and not hiding behind a sarong. xx
I HOPE I GET AS GOOD RESULTS AS YOU ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS AND I REALLY SEE NO DIFFERENCE !! I AM SO SORE HOPE ITS ALL WORTH IT
I saw your pictures Laurel and you look great, we have very similar bodies actually.

I totally can wear the compression garment 24/7 Monday- Friday but switch to Spanx Friday night and Saturday night and put it back on Sunday.

My main concerns are of course Friday nights if I wear shorts, but mostly Saturday during the day I'd like to catch a couple rays with my friends on the beach ... do you think that would be so bad just during the day? I can try to get some sheer beach pants. I'll do the best I can but like I said it's mainly this one day of the week.

I started taking the bromelin and arnica so I hope that helps the bruising as well and swelling.
I hate to tell you, you will not want to be out of it in the beginning. You need it. It supports you. Your skin is so sensitive to touch, it protects it. Not to mention your bruising is unslightly. Now, I am old enough to be your mom (43) so I will sound mom like here: Babe!! What is your priority? You can skip a month of going out and beach bikini to get the end result of improved or gone cellulite! It's a short period of wearing it to get results. You don't want to spend this money and not get results b/c you weren't compliant. Or wait until summer is over. But I would just adjust your wardrobe and life for 3 weeks to be cellulite free!! Xx LC
I can do 3 weeks that's fine but a full month is tough to not be on the beach at all 1 day a week. And I honestly would only switch to Spanx on weekends only after the first full week. I just wanted to see if it'd be possible to slip into a bikini for a few hours on a Saturday 1-2 weeks in.
That's okay I can live with that even if I have to keep shorts on, I'm move concerned about going out at night and wearing dresses and shorts and they just totally freaked me out about the swelling saying it will last a really long time if I don't. I can def wear it 24/7 the first week it's just the weekends that are an issue but I should be able to wear Spanx 2 weekend nights without an issue I think?
I had my whole thighs done and I didn't think the swelling was that bad. Honestly, the compression garment isn't that bad. I would wear it the first week if you can, though. Remember, maxi dresses are in. :)
So he said 3 weeks of wear now Double?? What kind of clothes do you have to wear?? I honestly felt so rushed I had a night appointment but I felt brushed off. I'm very upset right now. This is my first procedure so I'm rightfully scared.

Do you wear it 24/7? I'm worried so much about the swelling now even though I'm only have a "small" area done.

Glad to hear you're bruise free I just am freaked out that if I wore Spanx on the weekend for a few hours I'd mess it all up.

Sorry I'm just frustrated and sad.
I wore the compression garment 24/7 for the first week, then 12 hours a day for the second week. Doc said I could wear spanx the third week, but I actually prefer wearing the compression garment, only to bed at this stage. The garment is actually not that bad. I think for you, only getting a small area done, your results will be much different than mine. But, I would still expect it will be a month before you will want to wear a swimsuit to the beach. I hear that at the 6-wk. mark, swelling, bruising, and numbness should be gone. It sucks, but it's just something we have to deal with, I guess.
Ah Chelsea Law I'm so sorry to hear that. Can anyone shed some light on the compression garment. I just had my preop consult and was told I need to wear it full time for 4 weeks and can't go on the beach for a month! It's too late to turn back now but I'm so upset because that's not what I was told the first time. I have a beach house so I go to the shore a lot. I can wear the compression garment full time during the week but has anyone switched to Spanx on the weekends here and there?!? They said the swelling could last for awhile if I don't do it full time. Someone please help! Am I not allowed to sit on the beach for a month? I want to cry.