Nervous for Upcoming Mini - Montana

I am 31 years old and a mother of three children...

I am 31 years old and a mother of three children under the age of 10. I am an active person and workout 4-5 times per week. No matter what I did after having my 3rd child, he just turned a year in March, I can't seem to loose the belly. I weigh less than I ever have and in much better shape than before I was married, but my stomache just won't coorperate no matter how many sit ups I do! I went to my doctor for a consultation in March hoping for a tummy tuck. After looking at me, my doctor said that I didn't have enough loose skin above my belly button for a full tummy tuck. He was afraid that he wouldn't be able to strech my skin down far enough to hide the existing hole of my belly button and it would appear as if I had two! Of course I didn't want that. He did tell me that "I was a perfect candidate for a mini tummy tuck." He said I was obviously athletic and in shape and that a mini is what he would recommend if I were his daughter. I am glad that I don't have to have a full when I think about recovery, but I am so nervous that the results won't be what I am hoping for. I asked about lypo on my love handles and he doesn't want to do that at the same time as the mini because it would be too much trama to my body. My husband will not let me go back for any more plastic surgery... he's one of those "you're beautiful just the way you are" type. Though I love that, I am nervous/scared about spending $4000.00 on something that isn't going to give me the results I am hoping for. I had my mind set on a full tt and to hear that I would be getting a mini was a surprise. I have done research on the mini since knowing that would be my procedure but there just isn't much out there. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site and am hoping for some feedback! I don't want to talk to anyone in Small Town, America where I live about this if you know what I mean!!!

Thanks for commenting. I have a pre op....

Thanks for commenting. I have a pre op. appointment Wednesday and am going to lay out all my concerns to my dr. I was super comfortable with him at my consultation and felt like he understood. Hopefully I get the same vibe from him this time too! I'm going to reiterate my concerns and then make a decision on going forward. I think the nerves are getting the best of me and I need to remember that I'm not going to look like a skinny supermodel no matter what procedures I have done! I really just want the front overhang to go away when I sit down in jeans! I can exercise a little harder for the love handles area if I must!!

I went ahead with my surgery on June 7. So far,...

I went ahead with my surgery on June 7. So far, from what I can see when my husband changes my bandages, I am happy! I have had very little bleeding in my drain tube and hardly anything from my incision! My skin look wrinkly and weird from the compresion garmet, but I'm sure that will smooth out when I can take it off from time to time. I was really sore the first evening after the pain meds wore off, but on day three I am doing well. I can walk around upright for short bits of time and the only thing that slightly hurts is the area where my drain is. I can't wait to get that out! I am off my pain meds and just taking Tylenol during the day and Tylenol PM at night to help me sleep. So far I am happy with what I am beginning to see! The worst part of the whole procedure was numbing me. I didn't elect to go completely under and apparently I have really hard fatty tissue so it was a little painful while they were numbing the area. After that was done though the lypo and tt was smooth sailing. I have noticed a few hard, lumpy spots in my stomach from the lypo. I hope that goes away. Has anyone else experienced that? Is it normal. I go in for a post op. this coming Thursday and will ask my doctor about it. I heard that you should massage your stomache but I'm not sure if it's too soon to start three days out. Any advice? I'll post pictures when the drain is out and it's easier to show results!

Would love to see your results pics, as we are about the same looking in the stomach area! Or at least we WERE.... I am sure you look awesome now!
would you ,mind posting recent pics? i'm schedueled for a miny tummy tuck in a month.
Im geting my tt on july 20 and lipo to the flanks. Im built with a straight high waisted frame. I have loose skin in the tummy due to lipo 2 years before. Wasted money as i was over 40 and my skin never retracted. I have been wearing a compression garment for two years just to give me a firm shape. Im hoping with this surgery i can eventually give up the garment long term. I still need lipo in my flanks and upper torso.
hope all is well can't wait to.see the new tummy :)
When I went in for my post-op approx 9 days out from my mini-TT and lipo they gave me a small paint roller to roll on my areas that the lipo was preformed. Literally, a paint roller from the hardware store. It was labeled as 'small area' paint roller so that made me feel good. So, I had my spouse or my 5 year old daughter roll my back and my flanks a few times. It is very common to have lumps and bumps after lipo.
How did your preop go? I would ask him to lipo your flanks. I had a mini tt with lipo to the flanks because I thought if I'm going to be down I might as well maximize it. However, the lipo part of the recovery is the absolute worst. Very painful. Mini tt pain has been minimal. Most of the pain has come from the lipo. If you have small kids or your job requires a lot of walking you might want to opt for just the mini. Also from your pics I would have him lipo the area above your belly button. You need to make sure your ps knows how to properly tunnel when doing lipo or you'll get bumpy results and hate it.
Helpful advice great2Bme... THANKS!! Post op went well. They won't lypo the flanks because I am not going under and that is too much lydicane in my system. So unless I opt to go completely under it's the mini but They are going to lypo around my belly button top and bottom. I have 3 kids so what you said about the pain with lypo made me even more comfortable with my mini. The baby is 14 months so I need to bounce back for him! I have 1 week to surgery. I'll post pics after! I hope I love my results...
I would also get a 2nd consult I am 32, (3 c sections) 5'2 120 pounds...had a lot less skin than you...actually people were in shock that I was getting a full tt... I hid it well....don't want you to regret it...you look like a perfect candidate for a full.
Hi: I see that you had a tummy tuck. What was the pain like? I am planning on having it hopefully this year. How much time did you have to take off from work? Thanks,
You could def have a full and lipo at the same time!! Get some other opinions!! Check out my pics, we are very similar.
I will be at one month tomorrow. I am so swollen. How is your swelling and pain now. Would really love to see your updated pics!
@Happy Jappy, On 25th I was 1 month, my main swelling is on belly still, pain has seem to come back to lipo area (love handles) I am 41 with 2 small children, I hardly had excess skin, but the doctor cut off about 1.5 inches of skin and tightened muscles inside (mini tuck), I can't wait to really see if my belly will be flat! my scar is looking great. I would post lics but not sure how to!
I just had a mini tummy tuck and lipo on my love handles and re did my breast augmentation, I had some complications right afterwards, a collection of hemotoma and liquid but we waitied 2 weeks and took out excess blood with needle under belly button, it didn't hurt at all but recovery has been slower, now at almost one month I already can see the difference and it was really worth it but I seriously couldn't lift up my small children and didn't feel well for 2 weeks. But I agree to do it both together.
I just had a mini-TT 4 days ago with liposuction. I was prone (face down) in surgery for the lipo to my flanks/muffin tops/love handles. And then supine (face up) for the stomach work. I am only taking acetaminophen (tylenol) today--a bit sore but totally doable. 'Too much trauma' Puhleeze! I concur that a second opinion is in order. I only had excess skin below the umbilicus.
I am scheduled to have a mini in two weeks and also have the excess skin below the belly button and above my csection scar. I am praying that the mini is the best thing for me. I am in good shape everywhere else.

Hmm. In all honesty, I would go on another consult or two and get other opinions. I don't understand why he won't do lipo with the mini. If you look in the mommy makeover community, ladies get lipo, full TTs and breast work all the time. Yes, those three together are a lot of trauma, but the ladies do heal. If you can only do this once, make sure you do it right and talk to some other doctors.

I'm glad you found us and are sharing. Thank you for being part of the community!

Yes, do as much as you can at once, so you have 1 downtime. To take a bunch of "downtime" for seperate procedures, especially if you are busy is a PAIN. Also, doctors will ususally give you a little bit of a discount, as you have to use the same Anesthsia & surgery suite/center. So, if I were you try to get as much done as once (as long as it safe).
glad for your upcoming tummy tuck. however, you have more loose skin than i had and i had a full tummy tuck regardless of what anyone else thought. out of 5 consultations, 3 were saying mini at almost the same price. my mind was set on a full tummy tuck and i can't thank myself enough for following my instincts. its your body, after a mini you will never be able to adjust your tummy if your not happy. there will be no more stretchable skin.
A mini tummy tuck can later be revised to a full tummy tuck. The extra skin comes from above the belly button and that's what makes it a full tummy tuck versus a mini which only addresses the area below the belly button. I do agree that very few people are candidates for a mini and most are not happy with the results. If at all possible I agree she should get a full tummy tuck to get the best results possible.