IPL Laser on Arms for Freckles

I got IPL laser on my arms yesterday in Canada....

I got IPL laser on my arms yesterday in Canada. During the procedure it didn't really hurt a whole lot, kind of like a hot elastic band. With the arms there is alot of area and it is thin skin so close to the end I just wanted it to be over with. About 10 minutes after she was done it started to hurt like a realllyyy bad. Like bad. She said the pain would last about 3-12 hours. After 3.5 hrs it just felt tight, it didn't burn or hurt anymore. I put on cold cloths on my arms and stood in front of my air conditioner, this helped a lot! This morning I woke up and all my freckles are raised up, and they have darken alot. Looks & feels weird. That's what happens they raise up and darken then flake off. My next appointment is in 4 weeks and I cannot wait to see the results and get another treatment. The technician said it looked exactly how she wanted it to, and we are both excited for the results!! I'll be back in a few weeks to update you.

I just had my second treatment of IPL on my arms....

I just had my second treatment of IPL on my arms. I am SOO pleased these last 3 weeks!! Lots and lots of my freckles peeled/rubbed off. Now, they aren't all gone because I need to have two more treatments. After my second treatment I had today many of the freckles darkened up quite a bit, but thats a good thing!! But just yesterday before my laser today my freckles were very faint. I'm happy the laser brought those up again so they can peel off! :) :)

Could you please post the office name and contact information of where you went? Your technician and results were great, and with the risks I would prefer to travel and pay for someone to do it right.
Hi I was thinking of removing the freckles on my face that I have all year round and in the sun they just get darker! With this treatment are they permanently gone or will they come out in the sun?
Hi, can you tell us what clinic you went to? After viewing your results I am interested in getting the freckles lasered off my hands and arms too. I have only seen this kind of remarkable change from a clinic in Sydney, Australia named Dr.Naomi. The only problem is that her clinic is all the way in Australia and I am here in Los Angeles. No other clinic seems to have the kinds of results you have there in Canada or this clinic in Australia. Since Canada is a bit closer for me I would be interested in knowing the name and contact information of the IPL/BBL clinic you used. Thanks so much!
So jealous I've done my face would love to do my arms but very expensive due to the amount covered! looking good! :) :)
Wow, good result. Do you know the laser they used?
Looks great for you! :) I just had my 2nd treatment done on my arms. I hope my results are as good as yours. I'm 47 years old with lots of sun damage. I know they can't be perfect but I'll try what I can.
What kind of IPL laser was used?
Great results! I have thought about doing this for the freckles on my arms and legs.Have you had to stay out of the sun since the treatment? If not - do you find that the freckles come back as much? Thanks!
hi i was in the same situation as yourself got my arms done the results are amazing i got bbl laser i still have a few very light freckles that are stubborn to remove did you experience the same??
this may be a dumb question, but when they did your arms did it include your hands? i have an appt for hands only, and am hoping for the best. your results are amazing!!!!!
Thank you! Yes she did my hands & shoulders. She said if she didnt do the whole thing it would look funny so she did my complete arms. Good luck! Have you gotten it done yet?
Hi, I live in Canada too :) Toronto actually, what about you? How many treatments are you getting for $900? Do you know what wavelength they are using during the treatment? My skin is similar to yours but I have never felt pain. I only do my face which is more sensitive than the body but am thinking of doing my chest.
Hey! I'm in NB! I used to live in Barrie haha! My friend there gets ipl and she says its more expensive. I had two treatments and with tax it was $900. I'm getting my chest done next month. Its so worth it I'm so happy. Hmm I think it was 10 wavelength. if that makes sense. The first time it was 9. I can ask her next time. Do you have freckles on your arms like I had?

Isn't it nice when the person doing your treatment says things are looking good? Its always a little difficult to tell if what is going on is good or bad when its your first experience with a treatment.

Out of curiosity, it seems most people do these treatments on their faces as well. Is that an area you are going to try if the arms turn out well, or were your arms the only areas of concern for you?

Hi thank you! I'm so pleased with my results. I just had my second laser and I'm going to post a picture. Two more treatments left! It's kinda funny, but I actually love my freckles on my face. My arms are the only body part covered in freckles.. weird. It comforting now that I see the amazing results!! A few days after my 1st treatment, well its gross..even for me but they actually were peeling off... When I used a white washcloth the dark pigments were rubbing off. I love that!! Its so hard not to pick them off. Are you thinking of getting IPL?

Whoa, just looked at your pictures!! I actually wasn't considering IPL (I'm the community manager here on RealSelf) but I do have some freckling on my arms and legs and after seeing your amazing results I have to say my interest is piqued! Please keep us posted if the skin stays the same way or if you start to see the freckles coming back. Those pictures are amazing!!

Can you please tell me the doctors name and phone number as I was in California thank you Mark