Upper Lid Blepharoplasty-a Totally Anxiety Ridden Experience - Moncton, NB

I had the surgery done because I'm 53 and had some...

I had the surgery done because I'm 53 and had some sagging skin-I thought the procedure was safe a pretty risk free. I had terrible swelling, my eyes took weeks to recover and I have developed Ptosis in my right eye. I would never recommend this to ANYONE unless you have a surgeon who is specialized in ocular surgery in case something goes wrong. I am going to have to go to Toronto (I live a 16 hour drive away) to see a specialist to see what can be done. really, in my opinion, if you're going to mess around with your appearance you should invest in the surgeons who specialize in what you want to have done. And I would also take care to decide if you REALLY can't stand the way you look at the moment because, trust me, it could be worse. The Doctor's on this site have been very helpful in validating what I thought was wrong with my eye...and I appreciate that very much.
Dr. Doe

I am not putting the doctor's name as this isn't over yet...and how he responds to the issues at this point will determine the final rating. Thus far he hasn't taken it very seriously and I think he made some errors in not telling me to put ice or very cold compresses on my lids after the surgery which might have helped.

Your before picture looks good, my eyes where droopier touching my lashes. Heavy while work computer at work. I too did not think all this could go so wrong. I had friends who had eyelid work done and it was beautiful, but this MD pasted away some time ago. Your after picture looks like more lid is showing. I have left eye like yours, but too much skin was taken and turns up - miserable. The right is droopy and made smaller- have to use tape to pull skin outward and away. I was cut from the bridge of my nose and extended from the corner horizontal almost to hair line. He surely did not know what he was doing. I was told by a professional that these doctors do the surgery as a challenge rather than send patients to where it can be done right But now not one wants to fix it. I am from Toronto, OH, must travel also to Canada if it comes to be. I have an appoint at Cleveland Clinic with the MD who did the face transplant hoping if he can do all that, maybe he can help me. Please keep in touch.
I'm sorry and I can completly understand what you have going through. The same thing happen to me. Some other doctors told me I need an other surgery, but Now I'm afraid to have an other to correct my eyes. I always think...and what if it will be worst and worst?
Hi to the lady in Moncton, NB. So glad you are planning to consult with Dr Oestreicher. My own eye doctor in Toronto referred to him as the finest eyelid surgeon. I plan to have a second face lift next Spring, and was a bit hesitant, but so many positive responses from doctors on Real Self, I feel much better. Also they all offered excellent advice, in fact they offered me so much more than I ever expected. I am thinking of making a trip to the States for this surgery. After I have healed, I will definitely be going to Dr Oestreicher for the eye lift. Isn't it good to have the opportunity of hearing from others, re a doctors expertise? I wish I had known of Real Self before I had my face lift. So, really good luck, safe journey to Toronto, and I hope you let us know how you are feeling after your surgery. Catherine H. Toronto.
Great PLM, I'll be waiting for your update. You are so smart to go see the good doctor. cyber-hugs to you!
I am sorry your surgery resulted in such disappointment. Although I am not a patient of his, Dr Oestreicher is a highly regarded eyelid surgeon in Toronto. He has a website. His tel is 416-962-5005. He is located in the downtown area at 1033 Bay Street. I wish you well. Catherine H.
I have an appointment with him at the end of this month! I'm so glad you recommended him. I am putting my faith there that he will be able to repair the damage. thank you so much for writing.

Thanks for sharing, I hope you find support in our Community.  Keep us posted on how your revision journey.

so sorry to hear that, thanks for posting though for those of us reading and thinking about it.. hope you are able to get things fixed up so that you feel good again, take care
Just research your Dr. And honestly-unless it's terrible right now--think twice. Things can happen beyond the surgeons control as well.
I WISH I WOULD HAD CHECKED IN TO IT FIRST ITS 4 1/2 MOS AND I HAVE FUZZY VISION AND CANT TOLORATE BRIGHT LIGHTS MY SURGUY WAS DONE IN PGH PA
I live in Ohio near Pittsburgh, PA and have been to a couple doctors in Pitt w/o any success to have my eye lids repaired. They look fine, just one is droppy, but the extreme discomfort of not having enough skin and lid turning up and the other droppy lid pull smaller and must tape each in a different way. I am at the end of my rope-it's been 4 years, suppose to be subtle skin removal, took to much and wrong cutting procedure.
so sorry you had this complication, PLM. I checked your questions and saw that your doctor didn't instruct you to ice your eyes...that's crazy! Everyone's experience is so unique. I started out thinking my result was going to be perfect...but a few weeks later---er---it doesn't look as good as it did, and I'm just waiting to see what happens next. You definitely look fixable and I'm sending up positive thoughts for you!
Thanks for the positive thoughts. Even after 5 months it looks different from day to day. It looked bad today-I wanted to cry but that makes it worse. I'm hoping the Specialist I'm going to see has some suggestions.
when is your appointment? Don't worry----he'll correct the problem. It's amazing how a good surgeon can set things straight. :)
October 28th...I will let you know how it goes. Another person posted above said that the DR. I am seeing is excellent-so I have hope.
i hope so too and that i get and answer also