Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation After Two Pregnancies (Age 35)

My surgery date is June 23, 2010. I have to be a...

My surgery date is June 23, 2010. I have to be a non smoker for a month before my doctor will even think about doing a tt. I am so excited. I cant wait for my clothes to look ok on me. R to be able to wear clothes that really fit instead of buying them big so my belly doesnt show. I wanted breast aug also. But dr doesnt want to do that right now at same time as others. I wish he would.

Updated on July 2, 2010:

I had TummyTuck, BreastAug, And BreastLift done. After 2 preg. the first being twins and the second baby being 10lbs 15oz, i was very streched out. @ 35 yrs old I finally made up my mind to do something about it. My stomach looked horrible. The first c-section was cut from belly button down, So I always thought my belly looked like it had a butt on it. And I always had to wear big shirts to cover the lose skin. Those days r behind me now!!!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I called a million times with questions before my first visit. His staff was always friendly and helpful. If i wasnt calling i was emailing Dr K he ALWAYS emailed me back within a few hours. When i finally did go in. He spent well over and hour with us. Explained every step he was going to do. And what I can expect. My doctor is just amazing. There is no other way to describe him. I was in surgery 9 hours. The whole time i was in the OR someone was keeping my husband updated.Dr. Kes is so hands on, He doesnt not even allow any nurse to change his bandages. He wants to make sure he does everything himself, from start to end. I live almost 3 hrs away from him. But after doing months of research and meeting with dr's, I knew he was the one. I am only 1wk 1day post surgery. But I can already see wonderful results. It is hard for me to get to drive that far during the week. So this will be the 2nd time he has seen me on a saturday or stay there late waiting on me. I not only would use him again for myself or my friends. But if one day my child needs to have anything done HE WILL BE WHO I TRUST WITH HER.His staff is also helpful. Beth, Answered any questions that I called with.( and there was alot.) And Jennifer helped me in every way possible also. I have before pics but I dont have any after yet But if you would like to see any just email, I will be happy to send them to you. Thank you Dr. K I will always praise your work.

I loved your story. Would you be willing to send me some pics? How long did you have the drains for? I just booked my surgery with him and can't wait!!!

2 days post-op and feeling great. I am unable to see any results due to the body shaper that I am required to wear until the drains are removed. I was quite nervous, but my surgeon was quite assuring and the surgical center were very cautious. The tubes may have provided the most pain and discomfort. I am excited about seeing the results. Dr. Tad Grenga in Suffolk, VA is the best!
Congrats on your surgery. I am going in on July 6th. How long was the procedure? Did you stay overnight? Are you still in the stomach garmet? Thanks for posting. I will be sure to share my experience next week. I am excited, but yet nervous.
How did the procedure go?
OK today is day 6. And the first day taht i fill human. The pain is horrible. But pain pills make it where u dont want to put a bullet to your head.lol. my belly looks freaking awesome even if is is swollen still. The first 5 days it was alll belly pain. today started the breast pain. I thought they was going to be bigger but i am happy with what i have now.
can you tell me what Dr K is charging for the tuck and BA? and does it include the hospital and the anesthesia? thanks!
Hmmm not sure for just the tummy tuck. but tt ba and bl it is 14500
Hi, I'm having a TT and BL on June 1st. I also was considering BA. My doctor said that with the size of my breasts (full D cup) that it would be best to do these two procedures seperately. He said there was the added bonus of being able to see the results of the lift before making the decision to have the implants. I'm pretty sure right now that I will not end up getting the implants. I think I will be happy with perkier and more natural looking breasts. We will see! Good luck to you!
That explains why your dr. isn't comfortable with you having it all at once. you are a bit more at risk, he is only thinking of your safety. can't stress enough how important it is to stop smoking before your procedure, researching this will explain why and that will make you not want to compromise your healing and health. good luck.
Well, at least keep pre pics for yourself. A friend of mine said they were very helpful for her to look back and see from where she started. :)
4178 please keep me posted on your surgery and recovery
I'm having my mommy makeover on the 28th. Congrats on not smoking!Post pre pics if you have them. I'm trying to figure out how to do it but I can't update my review.
ewwww trust me u dont want to see this..lol
Ok My doctor is doing the breast aug also. But only if i stay the night in the hospital. I might have forgotten to say before that I am diebetic & a smoker. So he was worried about that. I PROMISE YALL HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR!! HE HAS HIS REASON. I have faith in him. June 14th Pre op June 24 surgery. I cant wait. Today is day 6 no smoking!!
Hi, I am scheduled for a full TT w/lipo of flanks, arm lift & thigh lift July 6. I have already paid for the procedure $13,900, and I have cold feet to the point that I no longer want the surgery. I look at my 6 year old and husband and just can not bring myself to risk dying on them.
Im doing a tummy tuck, lipo of flanks, breast implants w a small lift all @ once on May 28. My Dr says it quite common (mommy makeover)if youre in good health with no preexisting conditions. If youre in good health I would shop around for another surgeon who can do it.
I'm going in on June 28th. I'm super excited. Please keep us up to date on your recovery. Do you have any conditions that your doctor is worried about? It seems to be more dangerous to "go under" on two separate occasions instead of getting it all done in one shot. Good luck!
Great motivation to kick the smoking habit! Good for you! I agree with the other ladies...TT, breast lift and breast augmentation are often done together. Unless you have a specific health condition that would prevent this, you might want to seek a second opinion. Also, I have some AMAZING giveaway packages for ladies who'll send me a pre-op video diary of themselves and a post-op video. Just you discussing why you're doing this, your feelings, hopes, etc. In the giveaway will be Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy cream (retails for $40), Scaraway Silicone Sheets, Colgate Wisps, and Montagne Jeunesse facial masks, plus more if I can arrange it. Email me at angiemcdonald@hotmail.com if you (or anyone reading this) are/is interested.
It looks like tummy tuck, breast aug w/lift are commonly done together. What's his reason for not wanting to do them all? You might have risk factors he's considering. I don't think it will hurt if you get a 2nd opinion. I agree with Nicholekeys. You wouldn't want to pay for anesthesia twice & be under the knife twice. You're not only paying twice for surgeon & anesthesia twice, you also have to take time off work twice for recovery. I had a tummy tuck, breast aug w/periareolar lift, & liposuction of abd, flanks,& inner thighs at once. I took off work for 3 wks, so it's time effecient that I'm recovering from more than 1 procedure while off work. By the way, smoking prolongs your healing time & can cause your incisions not to heal as well compare to if you were a non-smoker. Goodluck.
That is very unusual that he won't do a BA with a TT. I would look around and see if you can find another Dr who you are comfortable witht that will fullfill your wishes. It will cost you twice as much to go back in and have it done not including have to go under anestesia twice