No Drain Tummy Tuck is Way to Go! Plus Breast Lift W/ Implants

I had a tummy tuck and breast lift with implants....

I had a tummy tuck and breast lift with implants. The tummy tuck was my main goal but after discussing the breast lift with my surgeon, I decided to have a lift with implants, also. I didn't really want larger breasts, though I think I'll be somewhere between a 36C and 36D when all is said and done, a lift without implants can actually make your breasts look smaller and they won't have that nice curvature on top, which is possible with implants. My implants are small--less than 300 cc each--different sizes which does help the asymmetry. Back to work in 10 days, wearing my roomier jeans, incisions look very precise (still have stitches and steri strips), no drain tummy tuck (way to go!) I'm still somewhat swollen, more so by end of day but managed pain which was primarily in core area for first week with percocet during the day and flexeril or valium at night. Be prepared for constipation first three days or so post op. Still more comfortable sleeping in recliner with legs up. Now taking Bromelain and Arnica which are homeopathic ways to reduce swelling and bruising. Also eat a lot of pineapple. Will be on the beach two weeks from now. Won't see full results for some time yet but am pleased with results so far.
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Dr. V is one of the few plastic surgeons who does the no drain tummy tuck. This requires stitching the interface of the skin along the incision line (something like that) and my incision looks so much better than many of pictures I've seen on the web. Dr. V is double board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS, www.abplsurg.org) and the American Board of Surgery (ABS, www.absurgery.org). This is a must to have a surgeon who is board certified! I interviewed one guy who insisted he was board eligible but just didn't have time to get certified--huge red flag for such a major surgery as an abdominoplasty. Also, Dr. V's staff is fantastic!

hello. im sure u have already had your surgery... i hope everythin went well.. iam also havign a mommy makeover which includes a tummy tuck and a breast lift with breast implants probably to 400 cc.. but my dr is also a no drain tube dr. and i was just wondering how that went for you...my surgery is not till febuary 3rd 2011 but, iam nervous and really excited.. plse let me know how u did and post pics.. thanks:)
Good Morning! You have no idea how happy I was to find this post! My story is very similar to yours. My surgery date is June 3, 2010. I too, am seeing Dr. Vath. I have been very excited yet terrified. I fear the unknown. Although, i am unhappy with my body now and have exhausted every avenue to get my ideal body, I am afraid of the result? Is this normal? I am not afraid of the pain, nor the actual surgery. Just the result. Your post gave me a very safe feeling. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!
Angie- How can we update our reviews to add photos?
Interesting...no drains. I've heard of this, but think it's not common practice. I'm glad you're healing well. Sounds like you had a lot of trust in your surgeon, which is so important. Thank you for posting your experience, and I'll second (third) that we'd love to see some photos!
I am having my surgery on May 25th. Next Tuesday. I am so excited I cannot wait. I go for my pre-op tomorrow and will hopefully have a video and pictures to post after. Your surgery is not until the end of June?
June 28th. I started researching early.
Please post pics!!!
When is your surgery, rush baby? I'm scheduled for June 28th and I'm looking for someone with a date closer to mine.
I am just wondering what your doctor said about having a tummy tuck with no drains. Was it just a little tummy tuck? Do you have before and after pictures. I sure think it would be nice to not have the drains but can't fluid then build up inside you? Just wondering how and why. Sounds like you are doing great and that is encouraging to me as I only have 9 days off including the surgery day and then I need to go back to my desk job. I will hopefully be able to sit and use the computer and get by. I have someone who can do all my running around the office for me but I am afraid of taking off more time and that the boss will not be happy.