ohio makeover

I had a Mommy Makeover on 2/3/11 which consisted...

I had a Mommy Makeover on 2/3/11 which consisted of a full tummy tuck with muscle repair, BA, and lipo to the knees. I am very happy I had it done! It really was less painful than I had been reading on this site.

My stats: 5'4, 125lbs, age 34
I workout 5-7 times a week .. strength training and cardio but could not get rid of the wrinkly, thin skin on my stomach.. .especially the lower abs.

Here is a summary of the procedure:
** I had help for 2 weeks and have a 13mo old!

• Days 1-3 In bed with knees bent over pilow and head propped, kept up with pain meds, little to no pain. One drain.. sucks but manageable.
  • Days 3-7 spent 1/2 day upstairs and 1/2 downstairs on recliner. Walking fairly bent over but not bad. Very painful to laugh. Showers and drains annoying.
  • Week 2 - Drove daughter to school at 1 week and stopped at grocery for a few items... very tired afterwards! still taking naps. Drain out at the end of 2 weeks when draining 30 ccs.
  • Week 3- Life is getting easier. Had to pick up 13 mo old on a as needed basis only. At the end of the week, I had a small seroma, had to be drained only once (1oz).. probably from doing too much.
  • Week 4- Still wearing stage one garment. Can do pretty much everything but decided to still not exercise in fear of getting fluid build up.
  • Week 5- Pretty much 90% now. Back at gym,no pain, just get swollen after working out or at the end of the day. Doing 30 min eliptical and weights.
  • week 6- current, no issues beyond swelling and still numbness in lower ab.
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

I visited 3 well known board certified Plastic Surgeons and went with Dr H at the Plastic Surgery Group because of their results, professionalism, bedside manner, and overall general feeling you get when you are in their office. So far, I have been very happy with the results. Great aftercare and great nurses too!

My son needed a surgery to close a whole in his back. that he had for year after he had a Cyst removed from his back, i was referred to Dr H from an Advanced wound care Doctor who tried to heal my sons back but couldnt Dr h was the guy he told me what need to be done to get this closed . Until I got a phone call one day before my sons Surgery That Dr HUMMEL wouldnt perform the surgery unless i paid $1000.00 deposit. I was in shock. THe lady was rude told be if i didnt pay it then they would have to cancel surgery. I ask if they would work with me I have a 401k that i could take the money out of . but it would take about 4 days. Since my son will be on spring break when the surgery would be preformed and wouldnt have to miss no school,She said NO pay it today or no Surgery.I ak if could predate a check so when my 401k came in they would deposit it. With out caring about my sons health, she said that Dr hummel said to cancel the surgery. I am a single mom working 2 jobs i dont have $1000.00 laying around. I ask why they didnt notify be sooner so i could get the ball rolling on the 401k. she said we dud thru email. I checked my email NO EMAIL. and besides would this be important enough to call someone ... I would not recommend this Doctor if you have a serious medical condition . He Doent care.
Can you plz give me your doctor's name and contact info
Wow looking great!!!! Love the Tata size
How are you doing my February friend?
great! Thanks! I am so happy I had the surgery now! I am starting to work out and my abs are showing finally. I will have to post more pics. I am still having swelling. Are you? My scar was getting really red but I think it's getting better.... Looks very similar to yours now. I am trying to lose another 10 lbs and can't wait to see the results!
Ya, I have minimal swelling at the end of the day or after I workout but not too bad! I'm trying to loose 15 more pounds! It's tough!lol
My scar is definatley redder now and seems really red after I workout!
Thanks kristi! I was a full 34C to a 34D before surgery. I had extra skin and sagging from nursing two kids for a year each. I had 360ccs of silicone implants under muscle. I am now a full 34D. I didn't want to go too big but wanted to get fullness again in my breasts. I am so happy with the results!
Hi, have you heard aboutb dr. McKenna in cincinnati? I am going to have BL and BA to have the fullness but I am already 38c and I don't want to go bigger. Do you think I should tell him to reduce the size of my breasts before the implants I am having the silicone under the muscle. Or just have a breast lift without anything he said I have enough skin, I am having my consultation on that on April 4th. I am lost I have no experience and I am scared to make a big mistake. Thank you from the botttom of my heart.
I am sorry Imust have missed this post. I haven't heard anything about McKenna. I also only wanted fullness in my breasts.... He should be able to tell u what would work best for u. I visited 3 PS and 2 said I didn't need a lift and one recommended it. I didn't go with it and are pleased with the results and the quick recovery! Before surgery I was a 34D. I am now a 34DD. It is slightly bigger than before but without all the scars. It's best to weigh what the PS says verse how you feel. Sorry to not be much help!
Wow! You look great! I wish I had the funds to do the breast augmentation. That will eventually happen. What size were you before and how much did you add (cc's)? Size now?
I believe that is a very low percentage of people who have that issue. Definitely talk to dr McKenna about your concerns. It is a major surgery but I didn't have hardly any pain or stiffness. Do you know if the gal who had issues was in good shape or overweight?
hi there, I'm having a mommy makeover on april 14th by Dr. Mckenna. I am so worried I've been reading these stories about the negatif side of the TT that you can have later in life, I am a mess. Than the other thing Iam 10 pounds over my ideal weight my concern is the TT will it look good? Please help me I don't know what to think! thank you
I wouldn't worry about being 10 lbs over ideal weight. Everything i read said that was fine. I would try to diet and exercise up to the surgery because after surgery, there is a chance you could gain a few lbs from laying around. As for the long term issues, i am not sure which you are talking about? Swelling? Sensations?
I read in a review of a lady who had a TT few years ago she said she was suffering from a horrible pain in her abdomen and stifness and bla bla bla and she made a big mistake having a tummy tuck. Thank you for responding ohio34 and you look fantastic how are you doing?
Thanks for the break down of time with healing! It's helped me :) You look awesome!
Looking great!!!
You look fantastic! and are healing so well and so fast.
Would love to see you scar pics and compare,lol! I had my surgery February 1st
Also, I have a 13 month old too!!!!
I'll try to post more soon. I did post one... But not that close up. I heard the scar looks the worst at 3 mos. Isn't having a little one so hard during the surgery! Once I was 4 wks i was good to go picking him up.... But before that was not fun!
Thanks for writing the review. I am getting a tt with mr & a bl at the end of the month. You made me feel a little better by saying that the pain isn't unbearable. Btw you look awesome !!!
You look great! We are the same height and weight :) hope I look as good as u in 3 more weeks! Im always curious about others scar therapy and what they decided to go with. Any suggestions?
Thanks everyone! @ bridg, I am using mederma and bio oil both. I am putting mederma on 2x a day and the bio oil once. I am also massaging the scar so it lays flat. Mederma makes a lotion for scars with SPF too. Just saw your pics! You look great! I cant believe how little swelling you have!
Wow you look amazing!!!! I can't wait for my PS to tell me I can go back to working out!!!