Nipple and skin saving Bilateral Mastectomy with tissue expanders

I had a skin saving bilateral mastectomy with...

I had a skin saving bilateral mastectomy with tissue expanders. I'm going today for my 5th expansion. My doctor mention that this was the last expansion. I'm not happy with my size. I've had a total of 240 CC so far. I will get 80 CC today? Is there any way I can continue expanding? Also my doctor recommended that I do fat graph on my chest right above my breast. He said this will cost $2,000. I am planning on doing this.

Deciding my size?

After my expansion this week (very sore after this expansion) my doctor told me I could go larger. But in ten years from now gravity would take place and my implants would show ripples if I go too large. I'm not happy with my size and believe in ten years I'll be 59 I won't care about ripples. Also my doctor said the fat graph on my chest, above my breast where the tissue was removed is not covered by insurance. Someone says that it is. I guess I should contact my insurance. Does anyone know about this? Thanks
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

When I first met Dr. Park, before my surgery, he was a bit rude. I knew one of the nurses and she informed me that he was just having a busy day. I also had a friend who used him for the same surgery, and she was happy with him and his work. So went back to him and I am pleased with him and his work so far. My only concern is I'm not happy with my size.

When I wanted to expand larger, my surgeon was concerned about stretching the skin too much. His best quote is "the enemy of good, is better." When he did the exchange to regular implants, he was able to remove some scar tissue and create a larger pocket. And put larger implants in. Remember that you can always have them replaced. And the fat grafting should be part of your reconstruction - if you have insurance, they will pay for that.
The implants should look slightly better than the expanders, but don't expect anything more than an A cup . Most surgeons fill the expanders to a larger volume than the implant size they plan to use, wait at least 30'days for things to settle down, and then use the extra space tot week how the implant sits. I would gues your surgeon is aiming for 325 ml implants but surgeons will never commit to exact size...they usually take "sizes" to the OR and then decide what they think looks best. Before you sign for your exchange sit down with your surgeon and be very specific about what you want. Your expanders can usually be filled to at least double the volume listed. ( that is a 350 ml expander can be filled to 700 ml or more) . Your surgeon might be worried that your ski will not hold up to more expansion ( particularly if you had radiation). Or they might think you want smaller breast or less cleavage. You can always wait and get another opinion while your expanders are still in. I cannot emphasize enough making surgeon that your surgeon understands and can deliver what you want. I was a 38D and said I was ok with being a little bit smaller. What I ended up with was less than a double A...if I still had my nipples they would have doubled my end result. Fortunately I found a second surgeon whose sense of reasonable is in line with my own. You have been through so much, hang in there and don't settle for less than what you know is right for you.