Severe Diastasis Recti - Mississippi

Hello everyone, I'm a 31 year old mother of...

Hello everyone, I'm a 31 year old mother of three. 10, 5, and 10 mo. Every 5 years I was popping out a kid lol. My current size is 5ft 7in. & 180 lbs. My first two boys did minimal damage to my body...nothing I felt like I couldn't live with. My 10 mo. old daughter on the other hand was a different story, she left me with a bad case of muscle separation that makes me look disfigured in my clothes... I mean I look 4 months preggo in the morning and about 7 months by evening! I have been on one consulatation and plan to have surgery Feb 9th 2011. So anxious and super nervous! My doctor does not preform Lipo though which has me alittle worried, I am not over weight but feel as though I may need it some??

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Three Weeks to go! I paid my feee today so there...

Three Weeks to go! I paid my feee today so there is no turning back...I am up to 185 lbs so I am beginning my diet today as well. I will have a beach body by summer! but more importantly a stronger core. This extra wieght and week core make it hard to even stand for ong periods of time. Can't wait to rejoin a bowling league. Wish me luck!

I know what you are feeling. My ps office nurse told me to drink a lot og Gatorade. I'm so bless not to have so much pain. I too had mine done on the 3rd. I'm so happy with it so far. I go to my doctor monday.
Just hang in there
That does make me feel better! I'm feeling very gassy right now and feel like i get full very quickly when i eat. I've been drinking a lot of fluids (water, Cranberry Juice and Prune Juice) I don't have pain until i stand and walk for a bit.. i guess i shouldn't expect great results since it's only day 2 for me.. I can't wait till thursday when i get to see what i all got done. I have no idea if i even have a new belly button haha

I know that my muscles weren't tightened :( i was told that i'd benefit more if my tummy muscles were left the way they are.
I have only emptied my tubes once today. My right one had 26cc and the left had 75cc. I hope that helps. Every once in a while I have a sharp pain on top of my pelvic. Hope u feel better.

Time was going by so slow at first, now it is...

Time was going by so slow at first, now it is speeding up. My surgery is in two days! Today I am going grocery shopping for my list of recovery needs and having romantic dinner with my husband...kind of like a temporary farewell to our love life lol. I will be posting some more before pics the day of surgery. So that's about it

Kimmers25-What is the glue for?

The glue is so that the incision stays nicely closed and clean.  It is almost like ribber cement but it does not come off that easily.  It is just an extra layer of protection to make sure you do not have any wound separation.  Of course that is all on top of the internal stitch line.
Good luck today!

I have been in and out of sleep for the last 2...

I have been in and out of sleep for the last 2 days due to the medications...the surgery went fine and I will be posting after pics soon. thanks for the support but know i have to go lay back down, i am really tired. the pain is not bad at all, as long as i stay on top of my meds...and yes the drains suck!

Yeaaaah! Can't wait to see your pics and new post.
Rest up! Glad to hear all went well!! Keep us updated!! :)
I know you are still tired, I'm so glad things went well for you! Can't wait to see your pics. Just found out my tubes are coming out monday. I'm soooooooo happy. as you know now the tubes SUCKS!!!!!

Take care and get well rested!!!

Okay, Iam 4 days post op and finally beginning to...

Okay, Iam 4 days post op and finally beginning to feel like myself again. The surgery was soooo worth it, even though I am in "swell hell" I can see a major difference in my tummy, it is flat and I love it!!!! My doctor is a magician truely. I don't need as many pain pills as before. The pain isn't even bad as long as I stay on top of my meds. The main issue with the whole ordeal is these pesky ass drains and walking hunched over which does a number on my back:o( other than that, my husband is a great nurse lol and I'm happy I got it over with now... Posting Pics

Just checking in to see how you were doing! Hope all is well and you are still on the up and up!! :)
I am, just taking it easy, I am moving around a little now which is refreshing:o) I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!
Wow 4 days post op and you look amazing! Your tummy does look a lot like mine currently does which gives my hope :)
How is recovery going with the kids? I have a 7 year old and a 20 month old and wonder how they will take me being under the weather.

I am almost 3 weeks Post op and I am not sure if i...

I am almost 3 weeks Post op and I am not sure if i am happy...Kinda having the blues about the symmentry of my tummy. I hope it's just swelling but I feel huge around my mid section like a tire or like I am forming a ridge above my incision. Oh well will keep you posted:o)

HELLO EVERYONE,I SAW MY DOC MAR 28,2011.IM NOW IN MY 4TH MONTH SINCE TTUCK & LIPO. DOCTOR SAY EVERYTHING IS LOOKING GOOD AND THAT I HAVE SOME FAT TISSUE STILL A LITTLE SWOLLEN.HE STATED THAT I NEED TO BURN 700 CALORIES A DAY DO SOME CRUNCHIES & WATCH MY DIET...MY DOCTOR TO ME IS GREAT BUT I FEEL LIKE I PAID FOR A TOTAL FLAT TUMMY SO WHY I HAVE TO PAY TO JOIN A GYM.I KNW I NEED TO EXECISE TO STAY FIT & EAT RIGHT.JUST A BIT CONFUSE LOL I HAVE JOIN THE GYM MY GOAL IS TO BE FIT TRIM & SEXY AT THE AGE OF 43 GOING ON 44,MY HUSBAND SAY I LOOK GOOD& I DO LIKE THE WAY MY SHIRTS FITS MY STOMACH DNT POOK OUT LIK IM 4MONTHS P...OFF TO THE GYM I GO TO TONE MY BELLY

The diet and exercise after a tummy tuck and lipo are extremely important.  You can lose your new shape as quickly as you got it just by gaining a few pounds.

Unfortunately the surgery is not a magic solution.  Wouldn't that be nice if it were:)  I am finding that I am having to work twice as hard in the gym after surgery just to keep my results.  Bummer but I guess it is good for the heart.....LOL

More exercise and less food....I do not like that!  But I really want to keep my new body and not blow all the money I have spent to get it this way.

So keep on going to the gym!   You can do it.
I also have severe diastasis (and umbilical hernia). How are you doing? Any new pics? enjoying the way you look in your clothes, I'm sure!

Photo Update

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Well luckily it was just swelling that was making...

Well luckily it was just swelling that was making me feel huge around the mid-section. It has gone down a great deal, thank god! Iam hitting the gym pretty hard now adays so I will still some some swelling when I finish my workout. I really love the tummy first thing in the morning, because there is no swelling and it looks great. Kimmers said you have to watch what you eat afterwards and she was right. I gained 10 pounds just sitting around eating poorly, and while my tummy didn't look as bad as it did before weight gain will throw off your shape terribly. Now Iam obsessed with minimzing this scar, it is all I see when I take my clothes off! Ugh!

Hey you look great! what are you using for scar treatment? Im schedule for my TT and lipo May 25, 2011. Im reading all the reviews and writing lists, shopping trying to get everything i need. Im kinda you size 5'9 and 185lbs and your shade of color, do you have any tips on before or after surgery, special foods, vitamins or etc that have worked?
Thanks, I guess my only tips would be make sure you have someone to watch your young kids if you have any for the 1st 2 weeks and DONOT pig out after surgery thinking you have a little extra room to eat freely! Wear your binder as tight as you can as often as you can...hmm and I use vitamin E on my scar, I just puncture a hole in the pill and massage twice a day. Watch some you tube videos. Becky's tummy tuck journey helped me alot too, Good luck Senorita:o)
Hi, just got your message, i'm doing much better, only little complaint is that I had umbolical hernia too, my doc had to graph a new belly button and it looks really small, kinda unatural, but hey! you gotta pick your battles lol
Dr. Wells