Horrible Scar or Tissue Swelling - Mississippi

I am 10 days post op and i have no ideas what...

I am 10 days post op and i have no ideas what thiis on my nose... Please help!

My surgeon said it will be fine and wait 3 months but i cannot go in public like this... i dont know what to do there are no stiches that are visible here but there were some dissolvable ones that are gone. I don't know what to fix this or what to do.

Revision or not?

Omg! I'm going through the exact same thing. I contacted the doctor immediately and told him the area didn't look flushed and there was a piece hanging he saw me at the post op aappointment and said everything should work itself out. but you know your body and how it heals and what worries me is I don't see this going away. I really believe they could have taken more time surgery to properly suture the area. So frustrating!
I am 8 months post op and I had the same thing in the same place. It healed itself and smoothed out and you can't even tell now. Hope that helps!
How long did that take though... I don't think it's getting better anymore.
I had the same skin tag, along with really uneven nostrils. I'm only 3 weeks post, but my inside nostrils are going back to normal. I've been applying anti-bacterial ointment and Bio-gel I bought from my surgeon once a day both underneath as well as inside my nose.
Hi, don't worry about the swelling, it's so early. I had the same issue and also uneven swelling from the front making my new nose look curved, but I'm two months on and it's getting better week by week and even when the scar was bright red and the swelling was at its worst, no-one has even noticed it. It honestly doesn't look as bad as you think and I think it maybe looks worse for being so close up on the pictures, cos it's such a tiny area on your full face. It's will get better, it just takes a few months :-)
Hi! I have the exact same thing as you, totally was freaked out after surgery . It's almost like the skin has been 'bunched' up in that spot. Well I am three months since my surgery and it is barely visible, I will point it out to my surgeon when I see him at the end of January. Honestly I am the only one who has noticed it. Hope this helps:-)
I had an open rhinoplasty, I'm only 2 days out but I've got a similar bulge there and I really think its just swelling or disolvable sutures. I bet no one notices nearly as much as we do. Try not to let it get you depressed and stuck in your house. I think its really only noticable when youre looking straight up your nostrils and ppl try to avoid that angle in everyday interactions
I'm sure it will get much better! I'm just trying to understand correctly, did you pay $1850 for your rhinoplasty?
So was the surgery $1850 or the makeup?
"Perfection 5" I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.
Your post says you paid $1850 for your surgery, is that correct?
I guess she doesn't understand your question

I agree, give it time. Can it be covered with makeup at all?

How has your recovery been despite the uneven swelling?

No the make up thing I tried. It doesn't really hide anything and it comes off easily so kinda pointless. I saw my ps again today and he said we can talk revision surgery in February when I come back. What if it does this again. Ugh I wish I'd never done this surgery at all.
I don't know anything about scar tissue, I'm sorry. Why don't you use the "Ask a Doctor" option on this website to get medical opinions? That might ease your fears a bit until you go see your surgeon again. Good luck!
What if its like thick scar tissue? Could that happen days after surgery? It's not going away. Today has been 11 days since my surgery. I go back to see my ps on wed. But I know already he will say trust me it will be fine. So I'm just very worried.
i used topical antibiotic (prescribed by surgeon) during the early stages, and then scar gel (Dermatix, Scar Esthetique) when the wound is closed ... there are other brands (Mederma) ... talk to your surgeon or chemist ... the scar will reduce and smooth over
I had the exact same thing for a few days. It looks like normal swelling that happens in places where there are/were stitches. I was told to put antibiotic cream = like Neosporin or Polysporin = on it several times a day. It went away after about 3 days.
It's been a week though... It seems to have gotten a tiny bit smaller but not much! I can't go in public like this. I ve put the cream on it I've clean it just like they said. He never told me this might happen.
I am surprised you didn't expect swelling. All the research on rhinoplasty indicates lots of different types of swelling. Would you have cancelled your rhinoplasty if you had known? You must be lucky and not have had too bad of a nose to start with! Mine was pretty terrible, so yeah, I hated the swelling, and if it's not one weird thing each day, then it's another. Right now the insides of my nostrils are swollen. Some days they are, and some days they're not. But I'm okay with being stuck inside longer if it means having a good nose in the end. You can't DO anything about it, except the antibiotic ointment. Try to stay calm, even it means you're stuck inside for longer than you thought. You just had MAJOR surgery. Some folks can go out in public the day they get the cast off, but others can't. I am 13 days after surgery and still look like something the cat dragged in because I still have so many red bruises. I understand you're bummed out, but there's nothing you can do about it, so try to stay positive and productive in the house, and try not to worry. Healing properly is the most important thing right now, even if it takes your body longer than others.
Thanks you really did make me feel better. I did expect like overall swelling but not this intense spot of swelling that look deformed you know. I just expected it all to be evenly swollen I guess. I had uneven nostrils a bulbous tip and an odd dent right above where this swelling is. He said the worst that could happen is the dent is smaller rather than completely gone. So the dent is gone but I'm worried this is what I'm left with. What if it doesn't go down and it's not just swelling? Idk.
I am 100% sure it will go away. There's no medical reason for that type of growth to appear right after surgery unless it's swelling or an infection, both of which you're already taking care of with your cream. Hang in there :)