Countdown to the Big Day! - Mississauga, ON

Hi everyone, I am 27 years old with two...

Hi everyone,

I am 27 years old with two beautiful and after much deliberation have decided to go through with the tummy tuck procedure. Operation is scheduled for Dec. 22nd, 2010 and as we get closer to the date I am getting pretty nervous!

After working out and eating properly after my second baby everything has gone back to "normal" and I would consider myself to be in pretty good shape.... except the old belly! I am 5'10, 145lbs and I look about 6 months pregnant! I had both children back to back gained about 60lbs each with both and my stomach looks like a road map! So many stretch marks! Not to mention ALL the loose skin! So I am taking the plunge on December 22nd, 2010.

Does anyone have any tips for recovery.... or any insight into their own personal experience would be great!

Many thanks!

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Congrats on your TT you look AMAZING!
WOW! Thanks so much!!!!!!!! :)
Thanks :)
I feel like it is so hard to see the results... I feel like I could be flatter.... but maybe because I am so swollen?...

How long did it take until you could truly see the results of of the operation??

It will be about 6-8 weeks before you really start to see changes.
I cannot wait :)
Trying to be patient! LOL!
Pics are finally posted! Dr.Lista and staff was fantastic :)
In alot more pain then unexpected.... ouch!!!!

Looking good :)  You are in the worst stage right now so just hang on
Also the survival guide is beyond hilarious! I have read it twice and could not stop laughing! Thanks for the tips and insight!

Will be posting my "Before" pics tomorrow!!

Welcome to my crazy life!!!  I had so many crazy things happen to me during my recovery that just left me scratching my head :)

It will all turn out fine but just prepare yourself for a tough first week.  Maybe you are tougher than I am and will do much better.  We are all different and some have it easier than others.

It is very exciting to get that new tummy!
Thanks so much ladies! Greatly appreciated :)
Getting nervous.... and I feel really anxious to see the results!!! Trying not to be unrealistic with my expectations. Right now that is the hardest part!

Welcome to RealSelf!  You have come to the right place for support and guidance.

I look forward to reading your posts as you go through your process.

Hi there,

Have you read Kimmers' Tummy Tuck Survival Guide? There're lots of great insights (and humor) there. I think you'd get a lot out of it. Please let us know how you're feeling as the 22nd nears!

Join us on Facebook at Moms Who Want Their Bodies Back or RealSelf.