4 Months Post Op with new pictures -Mississauga, ON

I am 23 years old and I am getting my breast...

I am 23 years old and I am getting my breast reduction in less than a month!

I feel really uncomfortable posting my boobs online, but this website has helped me a lot, so I thought I would share in hopes that I can help someone too.

I grew boobs early and should have been wearing a bra when I was 11, but refused too because no other girls had to!

Since then they have not stopped growing. I wore a 36DD bra, but I am willing to bet I am larger than that. I stopped wearing regular bras a month or so ago because I grew out of it and now I am wearing my sports bra all the time, which fits well and is a 36DD (doesn't make sense, I know.. it's very confusing to me as well)

I played hockey for 12 years and this was my first year that I had to stop because of the amount of back pain I had after a game. Some days I couldn't walk up right after. I used to run, but that has obviously had to stop too. I used to go to the gym, but could barely use the equipment properly because my boobs kept getting in the way and letting them bounce around for all to see was embarrassing. I now "work out" by walking and attempting to do a Jillian Micheal's DVD, but my boobs are still constantly getting in the way and preventing me from doing what I love! I am sick of spending $150+ on bras, looking ridiculous in clothes, getting attention from men and women on the size of my breasts and not being able to participate in sports like I used to.

My grandmother pitched the idea to me to get a breast reduction a few years ago and the idea has been stuck in my mind ever since. I decided to go to a couple different consultations with some surgeons until I found the one that I liked. I decided to go with the surgeon that would preform the reduction as a "lollipop" procedure with lipo, where it only leaves a scar around your nipple and down your breast. Since I am still young and don't have children I want to take whatever route I can to hopefully be able to breast feed if and when I do have kids. This procedure does not remove your nipple, so there is a better chance of breast feeding and feeling. I also really like how the breasts look after this procedure is done as opposed to the "anchor" procedure. It's just personal preference.

OHIP is covering all my costs, except for lipo. It's still a lot of money, but the surgeon I am going to is one of the best in the area. I am very lucky.

I am very nervous about the whole procedure and I am afraid of everything all the other women on here are afraid of. I am mostly afraid of looking at them after the procedure and the recovery. I hope they look amazing, I am sure anything will be an upgrade to how they look now. I am hoping to be reduced to a C. I can't wait to start running again and get back into the shape I was before my boobies took over!

I'll post some after pictures once I get it all done!
Thanks for the support.

I am 23 years old and I am getting my breast...

I am 23 years old and I am getting my breast reduction in less than a month!

I'll post some after pictures once I get it all done!
Thanks for the support.

My surgery is just under 2 weeks away and I am...

My surgery is just under 2 weeks away and I am getting really nervous. I am having very weird dreams about it and waking up in the middle of the night needing to remind myself that I am making the right decision.
Did this happen to any of you guys before the day of surgery?
Did any of you take some anxiety medication or anything to help calm you down before?
Also, I was wondering how many people you told about having the surgery? I feel like this is something I can tell my close friends and family, but I don't feel comfortable with people who I am not close with knowing. It's not that I am ashamed... it's just awkward and uncomfortable, especially always being known at the girl with big boobs in town...
Just wanting to help ease my mind, so any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Well, my surgery is Thursday and boy am I scared....

Well, my surgery is Thursday and boy am I scared. Today I went shopping for all the essentials that I will need for the surgery and while recovering. Good thing The Bay was having mad sales, didn't pay full price for anything!

The last week and a half have been rough, I'm pretty nervous and very anxious. The whole thing doesn't seem real. I know I am making the right decision, just seems insane to allow my boobs to be all cut up!!!!

Haven't been sleeping well either, boobs are all I have on my mind. I really hope I am pleased with the results and the recovery isn't too rough on me..

Ill update on Thursday if I'm not feeling too drugged.

Hello Everybody, So I am officially part of the...

Hello Everybody,
So I am officially part of the small boob club!
I am not in pain, just discomfort. I am in bed all day resting.
My surgery was quick, only took about an hour. I had 2 doctors working on me as well as 3 or so nurses, so I think that's why it was so quick.
I definitely look smaller and more proportioned.
I have lots of before pictures that I will post with some after pictures once I am more healed up.

Took my first shower today and it was not easy...

Took my first shower today and it was not easy.
It is very interesting to read on here how different everyone's recovery goes and what they are and aren't allowed to do. My doctor says no icing since they'll already be numb from the surgery, I was told to shower today and to make sure that I really cleaned the incisions. I also changed my dressings, but they said to only add dressings if I felt like I needed to. I only bled a tiny bit and there was no oozing.
I am lucky to have my mum who is staying with me for a few days as I recover. She helped me remove my bra and all the gauze. I started to cry because I was afraid to look at them for the first time, she told me they looked great, so I had a look at them and I am very pleased. It's only the day after surgery and it's crazy how perky they are, compared to how they were before.
My left breast is more swollen than my right and my right isn't as full on the bottom as my left, but like I said it's only day 2 and I am confident it will even out. Doing my research online it says that each side will heal at a different pace. My nipples are the same height and centred, which makes me very happy.
I had a short scar/lollipop procedure done, so I don't have any incision under my breast, just down from the nipple. They also performed some lipo on my breast through the incisions.
I'll be showering again everyday and on Wednesday I go in to have the staples removed.
So far, so good!

Well I'm at Day 5 and everything is going smoothly...

Well I'm at Day 5 and everything is going smoothly. I have been showering everyday and changing my dressings. The bruising is getting better and worse at the same time, depending on the right or left breast.

I stopped taking my percocets the night of Day 2, so now all I have been taking for a pain killer is one celebrex in the morning. I am also taking 5 Arnica, 3 times a day. I was prescribed some pills to help if I get nauseous, but I haven't so I haven't taken any of those. Lastly I am taking stool softeners, which are only starting to work. I am plugged up, and feel like I am carrying around a baby!

They have already changed in shape and size since the surgery. I also do have feeling in both my nipples, which is great. I am still very happy with my breasts and can't wait to get the staples out on Wednesday!
I'll update then. Thanks for all the support :)

Tomorrow I will officially be 1 week post op! It...

Tomorrow I will officially be 1 week post op! It has definitely felt like a week and hasn't flown by at all... hahaha. I am so ready to leave my apartment and go out and take it easy and do something rather than sit inside! I start work on Monday, so that should be interesting.... only a few people knew about the surgery so I will find out then how obvious it is or if anyone says anything.

I had my staples removed today and I will be going in again in 3 weeks. Still haven't found out how much boob they removed, but I will find out in 3 weeks.

I am still feeling good. I was able to shower with zero help today so that was a bonus. Usually I was needing some help washing my back and putting my surgical bra back on, but I did it all by myself! :) Tomorrow I start massaging in Arnica Gel to help with the swelling and shape. In another weeks time I can start scar treatment. Was advised to buy this tiny $47 paper type stuff called Mepiform to put directly on my scars. I'll milk those for as long as a I can, but I certainly can't continue to afford that!!
Here are a few more pictures, I'll wait to update in another week or so.

I have been at work for 2 days now and nobody who...

I have been at work for 2 days now and nobody who I didn't mention the surgery to has noticed or at least said anything to me. The people who I did tell about the surgery say they definitely notice and think they look great. It's odd because I don't know if people just aren't saying anything or just really don't notice at all. My boobs were always something people brought up as a joke on how big they were and things like that, so I wonder if they'll just randomly notice one day that they aren't as big!

Anyway, my job is very laid back. It is mainly sitting and answering the phone. However, we do have to greet people and help them find who they are looking for when they come to the front door, so I have to get up every now and then to talk to them and that has been way more exhausting than I ever imagined. By the end of the day my boobs are swollen and I just want to come home and lay down for a bit. I am not happy to be back at work so early (only a week and a half post op) but I don't get paid vacation and I need the money!

I am officially off all my meds. I am currently applying Arnica Gel on my breasts 3 times a day and massaging them for 5 minutes. It really helps with the swelling and discomfort.

I'll update new pictures at the 2 week mark!

2 Weeks Post-Op

Feeling really great. I can start to notice that I am getting my energy back and not getting as tired as quickly. Looking at the 2 week pictures you can clearly tell that my left boob has settled a lot quicker than my right. My left barely has any wrinkles and isn't as tight, where as my right still has those tight wrinkles that haven't settled yet. When I look at them straight on they look pretty even, but in the pictures you can definitely tell the difference. I am not at all worried.
I am currently using this scar treatment tape on them. I am not allowed to keep the tape on for more than a week at a time before needing to change them. I will try to take pictures when I am changing the tape so you can see how the scars look.

2 week post op pictures

2 weeks post-op

I should also add that I have full feeling in both my breasts and nipples. My nipples never inverted and are definitely still getting hard when it's a bit cold. Really happy about that.
Since I had my surgery done in a clinic, instead of a hospital I have not experienced any infections or re-opening of the incisions. I have been very lucky and everything has gone very smoothly so far without any complications.

Before & After 2 weeks

Scarring at 17 days

Scars were covered up in the last pictures. Posted some at 17 days post op. Only been doing scar treatment for 4 days so far. I was lucky to have amazing stitch work done. You can also see the marks where the staples were.

I'm officially one month post op today!

This has been quite the month! I am no longer in any pain or discomfort. I just started to lay on my stomach with little pain. I went out yesterday and bought a couple bras, my size at La Senza is a 38D, but I plan on getting bras elsewhere, so I am sure the size will differ. I am happy with my results. The left breast is bigger than the right one, but I hope that will even out better in time. I have an appointment with my surgeon on June 11, so I hope I get the thumbs up to start exercising again! This sitting around is killing me. Hopefully the boobs can reduce in size once I start exercising more.
I plan on using my scar treatment tape more now that all my incisions are closed up. I think I started a bit early on it and it irritated a bit.

1 month post

I neer thought my boobs could look this good

5 Weeks Post Op - went for my first run!

I don't have any new pictures, but I will soon. I just got back from an appointment with my surgeon. He told me they removed about 1 pound from each breast and he was very happy with how they were healing. He gave me the thumbs up to start exercising again, which is great because I was going crazy. I had already broken the rules and started biking to work 3 weeks post-op. Right when I got back from my appointment I grabbed my things and went running again! MAN, it felt gooood! I have downloaded an app called Couch to 5K, so it will help me learn to run 5K. The girls did good on their first run. Only some slight pain when bouncing, but no pain like I used to have. I am excited to get back into shape and hopefully help my boobs get even smaller!

I sometimes still feel like I'm big.

Especially after I try my old bras on and realize they fit really well. So either I was really wearing the wrong size before or I'm still big. 36DD is still big. I am running and I really h

Whoops, pressed submit too soon.

I am running and I really hope that can help bring down the size. It's just concerning because I was convinced my boobs might still be growing pre-op and I'm worried that they're growing. Maybe I'm crazy. Anyone else?
Ill post pictures soon.

2 MONTHS POST-OP with pictures! -Mississauga, Ontario

I am officially 2 months post op and I am enjoying my new boobs. Sometimes I feel like it's hard to notice the difference in my new size. I guess I knew they were going to drop back down, but it feels more than I expected. I can still run and exercise well, I don't have any back pain, but I guess I wanted to be smaller. I am so jealous of those athletic girls with tiny boobs that must never get in the way! I think I was somewhat hoping for them to be that small. Hopefully my continued exercising will help bring the size down more.

Anyway, to the stuff that matters!
I am feeling great. No pain, no nothing. I don't even feel like I had the surgery! Some women say they get random sharp pains and I have only had about a handful of those and they aren't severe. They're more like a reminder. My left is bigger than my right, but I don't find it noticeable until I take pictures like these! I have bought a bunch of new bras and they are all the exact same size that I was wearing before my surgery....so that was a little concerning. I was obviously wearing something that was way too tiny for me, but I was hoping to never see that damn DD again!

Overall, I'm very happy. Do I wish I were even smaller? Yes.

4 Months Post Op

Hello Ladies,
I am sorry that I fell off the wagon for a couple months there. I kept myself busy this summer and went through a lot of changes in my life. I decided to leave my job and go back to school. In that process my boyfriend and I broke up, I moved out of the city I lived in and into a new place all by myself. Lots of changes!

My boobs are still holding up nicely and I really enjoyed them at the beach this summer. This was the first summer where I felt really comfortable with myself in a bikini because my boobs weren't taking over.

I have scar treatment tape that I SHOULD be using, but I am so lazy and always keep forgetting. I need to get back on track with that. Anyway, the scarring you see on me now is mostly natural healing. I used the scar treatment tape in the beginning for a month or so.
I am so so happy with my boobs! SO HAPPY! They look awesome and I feel like they are the right size and shape. I have no back pain anymore. When I do get the odd pain in my back it never lasts as long and is usually because I haven't learned to stop slouching. The real test will be this winter when I start playing hockey again. I wasn't able to play last year because of the back pain I was experiencing and I really hope I don't have any this season.
To note, I do still have a bit of a lump when I feel my breast just behind one of my scars. I have been massaging it, but it's not going away quickly. I also have a tiny white bump under my right nipple that isn't going away either. Not sure if its puss underneath or something?
Frank Lista, MD

Happy New Year! Just wanted to say hi and I hope all is going well on your new journey. :)
Hey there - you look fantastic. I had a little white bump over my right nipple that turned out to be a tiny bit of pus.
Hey! I was wondering about you! You look fabulous! I am just a couple of weeks behind you, if you remember. I haven't used the scar tape once yet. Same reason, just lazy about it. I am so used to seeing my scars now, that it actually just seems natural. So, it sounds like you've gone through more than one major change this summer. I wish you the best on your new journey! :)
yes! of course i remember you. Thanks for that. it was definitely a hard summer. any updates on how you're doing?
My healing has gone well, although "I" definitely notice that my left side is larger than my right side. This may have actually been the case before my surgery but I didn't stare at my breasts in the mirror like I do now! Lol! Anyhow, about 1 month ago I decided to go out and look for new bras in an actual store (opposed to online from specialty shops) and boy was I disappointed! I decided to try on DD's as I haven't been properly measured since my surgery. First thing I noticed is that I now have no idea what size I actually am and that I am still totally hung up on "numbers and letters". Alas, I left the store empty handed and haven't looked since. But, a good friend of mine recommended I go to Addition Elle for a proper fitting and great selection of bras. I figure I am now an E or F. Considering I was a J before, I can't really complain....Apparently this process can take more than 1 year to see actual "final" results, I am anticipating that the "C" I have dreamt of being will appear one day! Lol! I go see my surgeon next week and I am going to ask him about my left side being "slightly" larger...is it still swollen and such and about the areola on that side as it isn't the shape I desired. I do think I am being extremely picky with it as it isn't terrible but I don't know if it will still change or not. I've had some slight pain in the nipple and areolas lately so I don't know if this is just from healing or something else, so that will be another thing for me to ask my surgeon. Did you experience anything similar to this? Overall, this surgery has been such a positive experience for me, wouldn't change it for anything! I am sure you feel the same! I do hope that you are moving on well, lots of changes for you, I imagine you've been stressed. Hope you are taking care of you! Most important! :)
So another month out :) any updates?
You look so great, enjoy
I hear ya on the bra thing..in my head i know i was not wearing the right size...but dammit i still want to just fit into a C....never to see DD again...sigh
Looks great!
You look great! The scars don't really look that noticeable! I'm so happy for you :)
You look awesome! Your skin has healed so well in just 2 months.
Wow I can't believe how much your scars have faded in only two months, that's amazing! They look beautiful, good for you :)
Your girls look incredible, amazing perkiness. I know what you mean though and I still feel big too sometimes. Bra sizes will mess with your head because I can't fit into a 34D but I can wear a spaghetti strap sun dress without a bra. Another thing I do to convince myself that I am indeed smaller, I stick my fingers under my bra strap and realize I couldn't fit them under before.
You look fantastic!!! How perky and natural they look! I am definitely going to ask my PS about the short scar procedure! I am so happy for you!
I had a meltdown at aproximately 1 month post-op. I was pretty sure mine were the exact same size as they were prior to my surgery. I was looking at myself in the mirror and started to freak out. "Why did I put myself through all this for nothing!!". My hubby overheard me and calmed me down. He reassured me that I look very different and MUCH smaller now. I am convinced that our brains/eyes are playing tricks on us! When we have been big for so long it is hard to get used to seeing yourself differently. And the fact that your old bras fit really well now seems to be a pretty good indication that you were wearing the wrong size prior to surgery. Isn't that what we are always told though, that majority of women are wearing the incorrect bra size? In my opinion, 36 DD is perfect! I was a J before my operation and am now a DD-DDD. You could still be slightly swollen though? My surgeon told me to wait many months before I started to purchase new bras as it will be some time before I am my "actual" size. I think you look wonderful, by the way! Maybe you just need some more time before you feel like you are smaller? I am sending positive vibes your way and wishing you a wonderful Canada Day weekend my fellow Canuck! :)
I think they look a really nice size on your frame :-). I too worry about them getting bigger again, I think that's the same concern we all secretly have.
They look amazing, and you healed so well! Good for you for doing this young, and it's all you, no implants! Off topic but you said you don't get paid vacation, is that usual? I only ask because its illegal here, for an operation you would usually take sick leave, (maybe paid by employers, if not a reduced amount from the government) or holiday (vacation) if one is full time most people get 20 to 25 days per year) again, love the results!
Thank you so much. I'm so happy with my results. If I had a full time permanent job I might get paid vacation if I were on salary. Unfortunately where I work, I get taken advantage of. I work full time hours, sometimes even more, and because they label me as part time I don't get all those perk that come with being full time. Its cheaper for them by doing it that way. Small amounts of "vacation time" is included in my paycheques, but it's nothing significant. It's a shame! As to why I am leaving my job this summer and going back to school. Where do you live that it's illegal?
In the UK. I have a friend who works 5 hrs per week and she gets 28hrs per year holiday, the same, divided up, as if she worked 37.5 hrs pr week, which is full time. I was amazed when a friend from Texas told me some waitresses work for tips only, that's illegal here too, there is a minimum wage that everyone is entitled to. Good for you doubly then, getting a great body and a great education. You seem a determined person and they way you get treated at work is plain wrong! Best of luck.
Wow look how natural they look already! I am super jealous! I also have that app on my phone and am hoping to finally learn to fun post-op without fear of knocking myself out hahaha
I can't believe how natural they feel. No more hard bumps and they already jiggle nicely! Haha tmi? The app is great, I have found this first week of it very easy. I highly recommend it!
wow, good for you. Bet it felt great to go for a run, and NOT have the girls, bouncing all over the place! Did you just wear a sports bra? Sounds like freedom to me.......lol take care!
Yes, I just wore a regular sports bra. Nothing too tight. They are still bouncing a little, but that's because they're still a decent size. It's great because now my legs hurt after running, not my back!
Thats Great!! I cant imagine running!! lol I look forward to attempting that after my reduction. I hear great things about the couch to 5k - congrats!
you look so good! i hope mine turn out as awesome as yours have!