1 Year 6 Months Post Op with NEW pictures (25 years old) -Mississauga, ON

I am 23 years old and I am getting my breast...

I am 23 years old and I am getting my breast reduction in less than a month!

I feel really uncomfortable posting my boobs online, but this website has helped me a lot, so I thought I would share in hopes that I can help someone too.

I grew boobs early and should have been wearing a bra when I was 11, but refused too because no other girls had to!

Since then they have not stopped growing. I wore a 36DD bra, but I am willing to bet I am larger than that. I stopped wearing regular bras a month or so ago because I grew out of it and now I am wearing my sports bra all the time, which fits well and is a 36DD (doesn't make sense, I know.. it's very confusing to me as well)

I played hockey for 12 years and this was my first year that I had to stop because of the amount of back pain I had after a game. Some days I couldn't walk up right after. I used to run, but that has obviously had to stop too. I used to go to the gym, but could barely use the equipment properly because my boobs kept getting in the way and letting them bounce around for all to see was embarrassing. I now "work out" by walking and attempting to do a Jillian Micheal's DVD, but my boobs are still constantly getting in the way and preventing me from doing what I love! I am sick of spending $150+ on bras, looking ridiculous in clothes, getting attention from men and women on the size of my breasts and not being able to participate in sports like I used to.

My grandmother pitched the idea to me to get a breast reduction a few years ago and the idea has been stuck in my mind ever since. I decided to go to a couple different consultations with some surgeons until I found the one that I liked. I decided to go with the surgeon that would preform the reduction as a "lollipop" procedure with lipo, where it only leaves a scar around your nipple and down your breast. Since I am still young and don't have children I want to take whatever route I can to hopefully be able to breast feed if and when I do have kids. This procedure does not remove your nipple, so there is a better chance of breast feeding and feeling. I also really like how the breasts look after this procedure is done as opposed to the "anchor" procedure. It's just personal preference.

OHIP is covering all my costs, except for lipo. It's still a lot of money, but the surgeon I am going to is one of the best in the area. I am very lucky.

I am very nervous about the whole procedure and I am afraid of everything all the other women on here are afraid of. I am mostly afraid of looking at them after the procedure and the recovery. I hope they look amazing, I am sure anything will be an upgrade to how they look now. I am hoping to be reduced to a C. I can't wait to start running again and get back into the shape I was before my boobies took over!

I'll post some after pictures once I get it all done!
Thanks for the support.

I am 23 years old and I am getting my breast...

I am 23 years old and I am getting my breast reduction in less than a month!

I'll post some after pictures once I get it all done!
Thanks for the support.

My surgery is just under 2 weeks away and I am...

My surgery is just under 2 weeks away and I am getting really nervous. I am having very weird dreams about it and waking up in the middle of the night needing to remind myself that I am making the right decision.
Did this happen to any of you guys before the day of surgery?
Did any of you take some anxiety medication or anything to help calm you down before?
Also, I was wondering how many people you told about having the surgery? I feel like this is something I can tell my close friends and family, but I don't feel comfortable with people who I am not close with knowing. It's not that I am ashamed... it's just awkward and uncomfortable, especially always being known at the girl with big boobs in town...
Just wanting to help ease my mind, so any feedback would be great! Thanks!

Well, my surgery is Thursday and boy am I scared....

Well, my surgery is Thursday and boy am I scared. Today I went shopping for all the essentials that I will need for the surgery and while recovering. Good thing The Bay was having mad sales, didn't pay full price for anything!

The last week and a half have been rough, I'm pretty nervous and very anxious. The whole thing doesn't seem real. I know I am making the right decision, just seems insane to allow my boobs to be all cut up!!!!

Haven't been sleeping well either, boobs are all I have on my mind. I really hope I am pleased with the results and the recovery isn't too rough on me..

Ill update on Thursday if I'm not feeling too drugged.

Hello Everybody, So I am officially part of the...

Hello Everybody,
So I am officially part of the small boob club!
I am not in pain, just discomfort. I am in bed all day resting.
My surgery was quick, only took about an hour. I had 2 doctors working on me as well as 3 or so nurses, so I think that's why it was so quick.
I definitely look smaller and more proportioned.
I have lots of before pictures that I will post with some after pictures once I am more healed up.

Took my first shower today and it was not easy...

Took my first shower today and it was not easy.
It is very interesting to read on here how different everyone's recovery goes and what they are and aren't allowed to do. My doctor says no icing since they'll already be numb from the surgery, I was told to shower today and to make sure that I really cleaned the incisions. I also changed my dressings, but they said to only add dressings if I felt like I needed to. I only bled a tiny bit and there was no oozing.
I am lucky to have my mum who is staying with me for a few days as I recover. She helped me remove my bra and all the gauze. I started to cry because I was afraid to look at them for the first time, she told me they looked great, so I had a look at them and I am very pleased. It's only the day after surgery and it's crazy how perky they are, compared to how they were before.
My left breast is more swollen than my right and my right isn't as full on the bottom as my left, but like I said it's only day 2 and I am confident it will even out. Doing my research online it says that each side will heal at a different pace. My nipples are the same height and centred, which makes me very happy.
I had a short scar/lollipop procedure done, so I don't have any incision under my breast, just down from the nipple. They also performed some lipo on my breast through the incisions.
I'll be showering again everyday and on Wednesday I go in to have the staples removed.
So far, so good!

Well I'm at Day 5 and everything is going smoothly...

Well I'm at Day 5 and everything is going smoothly. I have been showering everyday and changing my dressings. The bruising is getting better and worse at the same time, depending on the right or left breast.

I stopped taking my percocets the night of Day 2, so now all I have been taking for a pain killer is one celebrex in the morning. I am also taking 5 Arnica, 3 times a day. I was prescribed some pills to help if I get nauseous, but I haven't so I haven't taken any of those. Lastly I am taking stool softeners, which are only starting to work. I am plugged up, and feel like I am carrying around a baby!

They have already changed in shape and size since the surgery. I also do have feeling in both my nipples, which is great. I am still very happy with my breasts and can't wait to get the staples out on Wednesday!
I'll update then. Thanks for all the support :)

Tomorrow I will officially be 1 week post op! It...

Tomorrow I will officially be 1 week post op! It has definitely felt like a week and hasn't flown by at all... hahaha. I am so ready to leave my apartment and go out and take it easy and do something rather than sit inside! I start work on Monday, so that should be interesting.... only a few people knew about the surgery so I will find out then how obvious it is or if anyone says anything.

I had my staples removed today and I will be going in again in 3 weeks. Still haven't found out how much boob they removed, but I will find out in 3 weeks.

I am still feeling good. I was able to shower with zero help today so that was a bonus. Usually I was needing some help washing my back and putting my surgical bra back on, but I did it all by myself! :) Tomorrow I start massaging in Arnica Gel to help with the swelling and shape. In another weeks time I can start scar treatment. Was advised to buy this tiny $47 paper type stuff called Mepiform to put directly on my scars. I'll milk those for as long as a I can, but I certainly can't continue to afford that!!
Here are a few more pictures, I'll wait to update in another week or so.

I have been at work for 2 days now and nobody who...

I have been at work for 2 days now and nobody who I didn't mention the surgery to has noticed or at least said anything to me. The people who I did tell about the surgery say they definitely notice and think they look great. It's odd because I don't know if people just aren't saying anything or just really don't notice at all. My boobs were always something people brought up as a joke on how big they were and things like that, so I wonder if they'll just randomly notice one day that they aren't as big!

Anyway, my job is very laid back. It is mainly sitting and answering the phone. However, we do have to greet people and help them find who they are looking for when they come to the front door, so I have to get up every now and then to talk to them and that has been way more exhausting than I ever imagined. By the end of the day my boobs are swollen and I just want to come home and lay down for a bit. I am not happy to be back at work so early (only a week and a half post op) but I don't get paid vacation and I need the money!

I am officially off all my meds. I am currently applying Arnica Gel on my breasts 3 times a day and massaging them for 5 minutes. It really helps with the swelling and discomfort.

I'll update new pictures at the 2 week mark!

2 Weeks Post-Op

Feeling really great. I can start to notice that I am getting my energy back and not getting as tired as quickly. Looking at the 2 week pictures you can clearly tell that my left boob has settled a lot quicker than my right. My left barely has any wrinkles and isn't as tight, where as my right still has those tight wrinkles that haven't settled yet. When I look at them straight on they look pretty even, but in the pictures you can definitely tell the difference. I am not at all worried.
I am currently using this scar treatment tape on them. I am not allowed to keep the tape on for more than a week at a time before needing to change them. I will try to take pictures when I am changing the tape so you can see how the scars look.

2 week post op pictures

2 weeks post-op

I should also add that I have full feeling in both my breasts and nipples. My nipples never inverted and are definitely still getting hard when it's a bit cold. Really happy about that.
Since I had my surgery done in a clinic, instead of a hospital I have not experienced any infections or re-opening of the incisions. I have been very lucky and everything has gone very smoothly so far without any complications.

Before & After 2 weeks

Scarring at 17 days

Scars were covered up in the last pictures. Posted some at 17 days post op. Only been doing scar treatment for 4 days so far. I was lucky to have amazing stitch work done. You can also see the marks where the staples were.

I'm officially one month post op today!

This has been quite the month! I am no longer in any pain or discomfort. I just started to lay on my stomach with little pain. I went out yesterday and bought a couple bras, my size at La Senza is a 38D, but I plan on getting bras elsewhere, so I am sure the size will differ. I am happy with my results. The left breast is bigger than the right one, but I hope that will even out better in time. I have an appointment with my surgeon on June 11, so I hope I get the thumbs up to start exercising again! This sitting around is killing me. Hopefully the boobs can reduce in size once I start exercising more.
I plan on using my scar treatment tape more now that all my incisions are closed up. I think I started a bit early on it and it irritated a bit.

1 month post

I neer thought my boobs could look this good

5 Weeks Post Op - went for my first run!

I don't have any new pictures, but I will soon. I just got back from an appointment with my surgeon. He told me they removed about 1 pound from each breast and he was very happy with how they were healing. He gave me the thumbs up to start exercising again, which is great because I was going crazy. I had already broken the rules and started biking to work 3 weeks post-op. Right when I got back from my appointment I grabbed my things and went running again! MAN, it felt gooood! I have downloaded an app called Couch to 5K, so it will help me learn to run 5K. The girls did good on their first run. Only some slight pain when bouncing, but no pain like I used to have. I am excited to get back into shape and hopefully help my boobs get even smaller!

I sometimes still feel like I'm big.

Especially after I try my old bras on and realize they fit really well. So either I was really wearing the wrong size before or I'm still big. 36DD is still big. I am running and I really h

Whoops, pressed submit too soon.

I am running and I really hope that can help bring down the size. It's just concerning because I was convinced my boobs might still be growing pre-op and I'm worried that they're growing. Maybe I'm crazy. Anyone else?
Ill post pictures soon.

2 MONTHS POST-OP with pictures! -Mississauga, Ontario

I am officially 2 months post op and I am enjoying my new boobs. Sometimes I feel like it's hard to notice the difference in my new size. I guess I knew they were going to drop back down, but it feels more than I expected. I can still run and exercise well, I don't have any back pain, but I guess I wanted to be smaller. I am so jealous of those athletic girls with tiny boobs that must never get in the way! I think I was somewhat hoping for them to be that small. Hopefully my continued exercising will help bring the size down more.

Anyway, to the stuff that matters!
I am feeling great. No pain, no nothing. I don't even feel like I had the surgery! Some women say they get random sharp pains and I have only had about a handful of those and they aren't severe. They're more like a reminder. My left is bigger than my right, but I don't find it noticeable until I take pictures like these! I have bought a bunch of new bras and they are all the exact same size that I was wearing before my surgery....so that was a little concerning. I was obviously wearing something that was way too tiny for me, but I was hoping to never see that damn DD again!

Overall, I'm very happy. Do I wish I were even smaller? Yes.

4 Months Post Op

Hello Ladies,
I am sorry that I fell off the wagon for a couple months there. I kept myself busy this summer and went through a lot of changes in my life. I decided to leave my job and go back to school. In that process my boyfriend and I broke up, I moved out of the city I lived in and into a new place all by myself. Lots of changes!

My boobs are still holding up nicely and I really enjoyed them at the beach this summer. This was the first summer where I felt really comfortable with myself in a bikini because my boobs weren't taking over.

I have scar treatment tape that I SHOULD be using, but I am so lazy and always keep forgetting. I need to get back on track with that. Anyway, the scarring you see on me now is mostly natural healing. I used the scar treatment tape in the beginning for a month or so.
I am so so happy with my boobs! SO HAPPY! They look awesome and I feel like they are the right size and shape. I have no back pain anymore. When I do get the odd pain in my back it never lasts as long and is usually because I haven't learned to stop slouching. The real test will be this winter when I start playing hockey again. I wasn't able to play last year because of the back pain I was experiencing and I really hope I don't have any this season.
To note, I do still have a bit of a lump when I feel my breast just behind one of my scars. I have been massaging it, but it's not going away quickly. I also have a tiny white bump under my right nipple that isn't going away either. Not sure if its puss underneath or something?

1.5 years later

It's been over a year a six months since I had my reduction and I still have no regrets. I sometimes wish that they were smaller, but then I look at my before pictures and I'm happy with them.

I was worried that they might still be too big and would continue to hold me back from being active. I easily proved that wrong this summer when I went tree planting. This was real tree planting.. carrying the trees in bags on your hips, bending over 1000+ times a day, and constantly on your feet. I thought for sure my back would cause me major problems like it had in the past, but it didn't!! I was so happy. That was enough to prove to me that this was all worth it. I could tree plant and it wasn't backbreaking! Amazing.

The scarring is basically invisible. This summer I was topless at the beach twice with some friends that had no idea I had a reduction and they never mentioned anything. I don't think it was because they were embarrassed to mention anything to me (they are close friends and wouldn't have an issue pointing something like that out), I think it was because it wasn't noticeable.

Sorry it took me so long for an update. This will probably be my last one. Thank you so much to this website and all the people on here that helped me through this. I suffer from anxiety and this website saved me those nights before the surgery where I was waking up panicking about whether or not I was making the right decision. When those nights happened I would open this website and it would be what I needed to calm me.

I have no regrets and would do it over again. I love my new boobs and I am so happy with how much lighter they are. Best decision ever.
Frank Lista, MD