Better Than New - Minnetonka, MN

I came to Dr. Harrington for breast reconstruction...

I came to Dr. Harrington for breast reconstruction after breast cancer. I had been through reconstruction with another surgeon and had one square breast and one rectangular breast. I was experiencing loss of mobility in one arm - or, to be more precise, when I moved my one arm to reach behind me, I was likely to spout words not usually used in public. I was told "then don't move your arm like that" by the previous surgeon. Dr. Harrington worked with a chest that had already taken a number of hits and turned it into the envy of all my friends. I am amazed by the difference in how my clothes fit and look - it had been 8 years since I had anything resembling a normal "figure" and I am very, very, happy. She also was sure to work with anesthesiology to get the right recipe for my sedation and for the first time ever, I was able to wake up from surgery and not start throwing up immediately. I so appreciate the care and attention I received from Dr. Harrington and her staff. Delighted.
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your journey on RealSelf. I'm so happy your story has a nice ending. :) Sounds like you've been through a lot and you deserve to have nice looking breasts. Did your current doctor have any explanation for what might have gone wrong with your original reconstruction surgery? Did you change the type and size implants to help achieve your new look? Congratulations on conquering the cancer....and your new look!