Pec Implant for Poland's Syndrom - Minneapolis, MN

I have a condition called Poland's Syndrome which...

I have a condition called Poland's Syndrome which is a rare birth defect characterized by underdevelopment or absence of the chest muscle on one side of the body, and usually also webbing of the fingers of the hand on the same side. Fortunatley, I was born with the absence of my left major pec muscle only. This has not affected me physically in any way, however, the asymmetrical appearance of my chest has always bothered me. At the age of 32 I decided to look into getting a left pec implant to improve the symmetry. After weeks of research I found that Dr. Tholen at Minneapolis Plastic Surgery was the only option I had. This was based on his excellent reviews and the fact that he was one of the only surgeons in North America that I could find that had specific experience with Poland's Syndrome. Pec implants are quite common, but not in the case of Poland's Syndrome.

My decision to go with Dr. Tholen was further confirmed after my first consultation in Minneapolis. Dr. Tholen and his staff (including Dr.Tholen's wife Sami) run an extremely professional clinic yet they treat every client on a very personal level.

I am 2 weeks post surgery now. The recovery has been a walk in the park and I am extremely happy with the results so far. The entire process is flawless and everything they explain pre-surgery is exactly how it happens. And, the post-surgery support is fantastic. If you do decide to go with Dr.Tholen, you can be assured that you have complete support right through until you and Dr.Tholen are completely satisfied.

yes i would also like to know where they place this implant because i read that you had to surgically remove a piece of your muscle from another part of your body to your chest?.. also it was apparently uncomfortable and didnt look right to some people? how come you didnt go with the gel injection?

Thanks so much for sharing your story and I'm glad to hear the surgery went well for you. Do you know how the doctor placed the implant, since there was no muscle to put it under?

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon