Disappointed and Depressed at 6 Weeks Post Op - Minneapolis, MN

This was worse than I could have imagined. Pain...

This was worse than I could have imagined. Pain and suffering for the first week was awful. I had very little bruising but massive neck swelling after the first 5 days. I had my lower face, platymsa and lower bleph done 6 weeks ago. I am 53 and have been wanting the neck lift for 4 years. At 6 weeks post op the left side of my neck has hanging skin that looks almost like it did before I went though all this and spent my life savings. My PS said it is just stretched from the massive swelling and that it will tighten up again. I think it looks worse as the swelling goes down. I have an appointment with my PS on Thus and I am going to ask what my options are for fixing this if it doesn't tighten up and how long do I have to suffer with this before it can be fixed. Been a rough 6 months in a lot of ways and was really hoping I would be happy with this decision but I guess that was not to be either.

Going in for a revision next Thursday. This will...

Going in for a revision next Thursday. This will be done under local an in the office not the surgery center. I am told it will just be a little pull up on the skin, but there will be cutting behind the ear and a little under the chin. I am apprehensive about having to go through any of this even a little bit, but I spent all this money and I want it to look right. I am hoping for the best. I will update after the surgery.

Had the revision surgery two weeks ago, so far...

Had the revision surgery two weeks ago, so far looks pretty good, just wasn't planning on being cut again with stiches into the back of my head, when at 3 months original post op should be almost healed. This has been a difficult experience and no where near what I expected based on all the positive reviews I had read here. Still waiting a few more months for the final result. I do have to say that I do look much better than my orignal pictures. I would post them but I am only seeing how to do a utube Video and not pictures. Any suggestions? My doctor and staff have been very supportive and wonderful through this whole experience and I understand there are exceptions to everything so I will give my ps a good review. After looking at the bruising of some of the other posted pictures I really had no bruising due to my ps using the cold plasma knife for surgery. I was able to return to wor in two weeks post op with this procedure.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Even though I had a difficult experience I would have to rate the above areas as top notch in every way. The medical assistant even made a house call 45 miles mile away from the office to help me with recovery, you don't get that from anybody else in today's world!

I wish you well with the revisions,and hope that all goes well.
Hi KLS: So sorry to hear about your dilemma. I have had plastic surgery twice and both times I was elated with the results and with practically no bruising. I chose my surgeon carefully. However, I did not wait until the problem was extreme, but did it early and I think this is why I had such great results. Hope it all works out for you;I am sure it will. Good luck to you I a sending positive thoughts your way.
I am sorry to hear about your disappointing results. It is nice that your surgeon is doing the revisions. I have heard so many stories about doctors not wanting to help when things don't go quite right. I bet after a few tweaks you will look wonderful.

I've heard that revisions are easier too, because they use previous incisions, etc. I hope this goes well for you.

Sorry to hear about all the rotten luck you've had. I broken my foot a few years ago by falling down the stairs. That's a tough break (pun intended :) but on the positive side, you'll come out of it with really buff arms from the crutches. :o) I'll be thinking happy thoughts for your recovery.

Thank you for the support. I still feel like I want to cry when I look in the mirror, but after looking at some before pictures I know that it is much better than before the surgery. My surgeon is very caring and his staff is wonderful. I am having an in office revision on June 28th. Have to say I am somewhat apprehensive about being cut again, but I am told this will be nothing compared to what I went through before. Fingers are crossed for a good outcome. Just to top off my string of bad luck I fractured my foot on Saturday and am on crutches for a few weeks. When it rains it pours! Trying to keep a good attitude. Thanks again for the support.

Hi kls. I'm so sorry to hear about your progress so far. How are you doing now -- Any improvement?