Belly Belly Go Away - Minneapolis, MN

I'm very excited to have mycoolSculpting done this...

I'm very excited to have mycoolSculpting done this weekend. I'm 41, 5'9" and a very strong 170 pounds. I've always been very athletic and tone but over the past several years finding it extremely difficult to get rid the extra fat I have on my belly. I will post before and after pictures along with measurements ths weekend. I have had several friends do this with other doctors here in the twin-cities and had very good results. My doctor is adding this procedure to the practice and I will be one of the first patients. Very exciting. I've been following the posts out here and preparing for any discomfort following my 1 - 2 hour procedure. Stay tuned!

1/12/13 Day of the procedure: Based on...

1/12/13 Day of the procedure:
Based on information my doctor has researched on the procedure and information from the coolsculpt company, she recommended we do two one hour sessions on my abdominal area today. We would do one hour at 65, massage the area for 2 minutes, and then another hour of the same area, followed by a two minute massage.
I will say the first 10 minutes was very uncomfortable for me. The closest description I can give you is that your body begins to react as it would when you experience low blood sugar, or like when you are getting a tatoo (heart rate increases, begin to sweat, slight nausia). After about 10 minutes, the area is frozen and the remainder of the time (50 minutes) is fairly uneventful. Well, that is, your level of discomfort is reduced, and you just sit there while it freezes your fat. She made sure i was as comfortable as I could possibly be!
After the first hour was up, she came in, removed the machine and I had a frozen slab of butter under my bellybutton. She massaged it to disburse the fat and then re-applied the machine.
I did not experience any pain the second time, and even found myself relaxing a bit. After she removed the machine (on the same setting of 65) we did the massage again for 2 minutes. I felt completely fine and drove myself home.
Several hours later I did begin to feel some tingling and a little discomfort. I was informed it would "swell". I applied vitamin D cream to the area and went about my business of the day.
Day 1 after the procedure (1/13/2013)
When I woke this morning my belly was swallon indeed. I look like I'm about 5 months pregnant (or very close to entering 3rd trimester) and it is a little uncomfortable.
Jennifer Harrington

Lots of research!

Hi Jenny1225, I'm wondering how you are doing now that its a couple of weeks later? I have never heard of getting the same area treated twice in the same session. I'd be very interested in hearing about your progress.
Angel, I do need to post pictures. So far so good. The first two weeks I was extremely swollen. Its now starting to show nice results. I haven't lost any obvious tumm yet but it does feel much firmer. I go back to see Dr.Harrington on Friday.