Day 1 Post Op

Hi everyone! I am 19 years old and am scheduled...

Hi everyone! I am 19 years old and am scheduled for my breast augmentation on March 19th, 2013. I am approximately 5ft 8, weigh roughly 115 pounds, and am currently a size 34AA. So far I have decided on silicone, submuscular implants, but I am still going back and forth on the size. My doctor recommends somewhere around 375-425cc to bring me to a full C cup. I have slightly broad shoulders so I am opting for moderate plus profile most likely. I do not huge, fake, looking breast implants. If any girls have stats similar to mine and would have pictures or thoughts to share that would be wonderful! I am nervous already :)

Hi everyone. Had my surgery yesterday and it went...

Hi everyone. Had my surgery yesterday and it went really well! Dr. Tholen's staff was wonderful and calmed my nerves (this was my first surgery every - scary!) I am pretty sure that he placed 390cc silicone unders, but i am not sure on the profile (i think maybe mod +, but he said he would decided in the operating room). I felt really good after surgery actually. No nausea at all, I was actually just really really hungry. Stopped for soup on the way to the hotel, then later that night went out for supper. Today I fell sore, and tight. I still have no feeling in my breasts (they are numb) so I am wondering if this is normal? I have my check up later today so I will ask Dr. Tholen.
Dr. Richard Tholen

Hi there. Glad to hear you had a good experience with Dr. Tholen. I am scheduled for a BA with Dr. Gervais (same practice) on Friday 1/31 and have similar stats to you (but a few lbs heavier). I am considering the 371cc implants and also want to end up a C cup. If you feel comfortable sharing a pic I would love to see your results. I'm kind of on the fence about bumping up the size but I guess I'll tell the doc do whatever it takes to get to a full C. Thank you for sharing your review and congrats!
The numbness is totally normal. My surgery was 5 days ago and there are still some numb spots. I believe sometimes the docs use a numbing solution internally when they place the implant.
Welcome to the other side :) Mine were numb for a couple days.... I think its normal. Rest up and stay on top of your pain meds. Happy Healing

Thanks for starting your story! I thought you had to be 22 to get silicone. Do you know if that has changed?

I hope you'll keep us posted as you progress through this transformation!

Hi Angie! Silicone implants are absolutely legal and available for women age 18-22 who are appropriately informed and choose silicone gel implants; their use below the age 22 is considered "off-label," which is similar to using Botox for crows feet, when it is FDA-approved ONLY for the treatment of frown lines between the brows. However, virtually every physician who uses Botox Cosmetic uses it "off-label" for other areas of treatment. Silicone breast implant use in appropriately-informed women under the age of 22 who choose silicone over saline is not only legal, but often preferred. I am happy to provide this option to my patients. Thanks for sharing this information. Dr. Tholen

I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for taking the time to inform me, Dr. Tholen.