My TT Journey, just one mommy trying to get her body back

I am 31 and a mother of 2. Like many people on...

I am 31 and a mother of 2. Like many people on here my babies did quite a number to my body. I am left with a flap of skin and fat and rests on my legs when I sit down to go to the bathroom :(. I never thought a TT was in the near future for me until this past summer out of the blue my parents sat me down. They told me they know how much my stomach bothers me and they know that with being a SAHM with 2 little kids there is no way we can afford for me to get a TT so they said they would pay for it...I know I cried, that conversation literally changed my life. In addition they said they would pay for me to see a personal trainer leading up to the surgery so I could try in get in the best shape possible....here is when my frustration comes in.

I have now been working put with a personal trainer for 4 months, two times a week and then I exercise on my own too. I have tried ww and thr low carb diet and in those 4 months I have only lost about 5 lbs. Yes I am stronger for sure and parts of my body I know I am losing inches on but my stomach is just as gross as ever. I was really hoping to lose 30 lbs before the surgery (which I plan to have this June of 2013) but I am so discouraged with the weight lose journey. I have puchased the hcg diet drops and plan to start those on Dec. 26th I am hoping those will help me lose at least a bit of weight.

I am excited for this jpurney but EXTREMELY nervous. I have never had a surgery in my life. The incision and stitches scare the crap out of me. I know if will be worth it though. I can wait to be able to wear sexy underwear for my husband and not have to worry about my fat fold hanging over and eating my undies...can I get an amen?!?

So thats it for now I guess. I am going to start cnsultations with several PS in January or February I think.

Katie

I have scheduled two consultations with plastic...

I have scheduled two consultations with plastic surgeons and had the first one today. I was very impressed with him and how he performs the procedure. He uses disolvable stitches and glue, stated he does a lot of libo and also puts in a pain pump that lasts for 3-4 days. He puts in two drains and the first gets removed 3-5 days after the surgery at the post op visit. I would have probably just scheduled with surgery with him today but i really feel like i should visit at least one other ps so i have something to compare him to.

I scheduled my tt today for March 19 so a little...

I scheduled my tt today for March 19 so a little more than two months away. I am so super excited and of course nervous as well. I was hoping to do a breast lift as well but it doesnt look like that is n the budget right now. It is ok though because that is totally something i can live with, my tummy not so much. My hubby and i also started the hcg diet last wednesday and i have already lost 8 pounds! I am super excited and hope I can continue to lose. I would like to be the thinnest i can be going in, then less work for them and i figure better recovery for me.

Surgery is 50 days from today, and I have been...

Surgery is 50 days from today, and I have been feeling very nervous lately. I think its really just the fear of the unknown. I have never had a surgery or have been put under GA. I am hoping that all this anticipation is the worst part of this whole journey. On the plus side I am now down 13 pounds since January 2nd. I am hoping to be down another at least another 16 by surgery day. I meet with the ps again on wednesday, i just want to talk with him again and ask more questions, i am hoping that it will make me feel a little better and calm my nerves a bit.

Surgery is 50 days from today, and I have been...

Posted some before pictures, sorry they are all...

Posted some before pictures, sorry they are all the wrong way, not sure how to fix it. This was a hard but much needed step. :'(

I met with my ps again today and man am i happy...

I met with my ps again today and man am i happy that I did. He has such a great bedside manner, he answers all my questions and took his time with me. I didnt feel rushed and got all my questions answered. We also discussed the lipo of the flanks, he showed me where it was and how it would affect my whole look. Aftter talking with my parents we decided to split the additional cost of the flank lipo and to go again with that. I am so so excited! I feel like with this additional lipo it will complete my whole new slimmer tummy look all the way around.

I am still a bit nervous but way more excited than nervous. I am a very religious person and I began praying a lot more about it. Every time I feel anxious or nervous I am going to pray. I am not doing this surgery for vanity reasons, i am not doing it so I can wear a bikini, i am doing it so my stomach doesnt rest on my thighs when I go to the bathroom, I am doing it so I can wear sexy underwear for my hisband, so i can feel more confident again. I feel like most people wouldnt guess whats under my clothes but I know its there and it disguests me, i am constantly wearing clothes to hide it, wearing spanx on the 4th of july when it is blazing hot out just to hide it. Every september we go to the water park with my husbands side of the family, it has been a torturous event since I had my first daughter. That first year when my daughter was three months old I didnt even get into a swimsuit, there was one year when I was pregnant with my son and that year was ok cause I was pregnant and not just fat. I cry every year. I try to suck it up for my kids, but this year i wont cry, i cant wait to not feel like a heffelump.

So I will be changing the price of my surgery from $7,200 to $9,200 because of the additional lipo :)

This TT is consuming my life! Lol i think i am...

This TT is consuming my life! Lol i think i am just so excited I keep reading and looking online amd asking questions and coming up with plans and making lists...i think i am driving my husbamd nuts. The last couple days it has been trying to figure out how to sleep. I was going to borrow my in laws recliner but it is really quishy and i notice how much I have to use my abs now to get out of it, i cant imagine getting out of it after surgery. We have a really nice oversized chair that we can butt an ottoman up to and create a chaise like affect. I might buy a wedge pillow too. I am trying to not purchase a lot of stuff before hand because i have no idea what will work. I think i am going to buy a gel zone wrap, they look wonderful and have wonderful reviews. I think the hardest thing is going to be not sleeping on my stomach, i LOVE sleeping on my stomach so that will be hard.

I am just getting so so so excited!

I am now down 15.4 lbs from January 2nd. I would...

I am now down 15.4 lbs from January 2nd. I would like to lose another 14 pounds before surgery and am really hoping I can. I am exercising like a mad women and still eating uber healthy. Regardless I am the lowest in weight I have been since my son was born almost three years ago. I truly feel like I am doing everything possible to get myself healthy which makes me even more excited for after the surgery.

One week today I will be going to sleep for the...

One week today I will be going to sleep for the last time with this body..one week! I am so very very excited but today I was a bundle of nerves and even broke down in tears once. I have only told a handful of peopel so I find a lot of comfort in talking to the ladies on here. I think the reason I havent told many people is because most people wouldnt understand. I swear spanx all the time and dress a certain way so that i draw as muchbattention away from my tummy as possible. I dont think anyone (except you ladies and my hubby) really understand what is going on. I am a very religious person but havent share about my surgery with anyone from my church but tonight i decided to reach out to a woman I know i can tust. I just really need to talk to someone who I know can be standing with me in prayer. So we are meeting tomorrow and I am telling her. Wish me luck, well i have my nasty tummy pics i figure if all else fails show her those and then she will understand, lol. I am totally kidding, i wouldnt want to scare her. I am hoping talking to her will calm some of my nerves.

I am post op two weeks and two days. I feel bad...

I am post op two weeks and two days. I feel bad that i havent updated this sooner. Oops. Lets start from the beginning, aka day of surgery. I was so incredibly nervous, I broke down the night before and sobbed, i was so scared. The morning of surgery we got to the hospital and got all check in. Everyone was great and i met the anethesiologist before and then my doctor came and marked me. They eventually moved me to a holding room and the went to wheel me into the o.r. That is when i said bye to my hubby and began to cry just because i was so nervous. The nurses that were wheeling me down were so sweet and when they noticed i was crying the one came and grabbed my hand. They backed me into the o.r. And the anestisiologist was behind me and the nurse said "she is really nevous" to him. She was right beside me and said "dont worry you will be fine, we will take care of you" and then the anestisiologist said "i am going to give you something now hun, i will take care of you dont worry." The room began spinning and i remember trying to keep my eyes open and looking at the nurse and she just kept saying "you will be fine, you will be fine." Then I woke up. I was definately in some discomfort when i woke up, not pain but definately not a good feeling. They gave me meds and then took me back to my room where my hubby and mom were waiting. The nurses were great again and the dr came in and checked on me. I was able to leave 2 hours earlier than i thought so that was nice. I got home and waited up for a bit so i could see my kids and then slept off and on.
The second day was definately the worst. There was one point where i thought if the pain stayed like it was for much longer that maybe i would have to go to the hospital and they would have to hook me up to morphine...but then i slept and felt much better, i stopped taking my pain meds friday morning and showered. Friday was a big turning point for me. I got one drain out post op day 8 and the second out yesterday. I am standing almost straight, that took the longest. I am a bit swollen but nothing too bad.

As for how it turned out and am I happy...i wake up ever morning and cant believe its real. I would have never thought that it would have truned out as amazing as it did. I homestly cant believe it. I feel like i got my life back that day. I am so excited to start working out again and improve even more. This was the best thing to ever happen to, for me. It was not near as bad as i thought at all and i am so very thankful.

10 months post op

I am so awful! I fully intended to do way more updates than this but life has gotten so crazy! I am almost 10 months post op. I can tell you i wake up every single day and feel like i am living a dream. It is hard to even express how much this tt changed my life. I have said to many people i feel like its given me a second chance at life. I feel like i am back to my old self, i didnt realize just how depressed i was before. My marriage is better, my attitude is better and it gave me enough self confidence that i have now started my own business which has been a dream of mine for some time.

I would do this surgery over and over and over again. If you are second guessing having it done STOP, you will not regret it. If you have a great dr who you are confident in you will be happy. I started at a size 14 and i was able to lose almost 20 pounds before surgery. After surgery i was about a size 13-12. As time went on i lost more weight and i am now a size 8-6!!! I wasnt able to get gap size 14 jeans on and now i wear a gap size 6!

Updated pics

Philip Sonderman

Hey how long did u take the HCG for and how long b4 ur surgery did u stop taking it
Congratulations on your fabulous results!! I am currently dealing with the fear and trying to decide if I should go forward with this surgery. I have my consultation next month. Your review helped me feel a bit better, thanks! Oh, and if you parents are interested in adopting a 36 year old, I am available;) lol
I send you a private message :)
She's right, it is a life changer!! You'll be so happy you did it for you :)
i am so excited for you..you did it!!! cant wait to see the final results
Hey girl! I hope everything is going ok, check in with us.
Hey hun, i just updated my profile. I am doing fantastic!
I love your story!!! I can totally relate to what you are talking about. The first time in my life I put in low rise panties and was so proud. I was born genetically impaired, may I say! I have always had an apron. I am a size 4 but have to wear spanx to wear jeans, and they look awesome... But now, finally I won't have to buy another pair of spanx. I am sooo excited for you. I updated my profile today about my journey, since I am 10 days post op and haven't had any complications. There are some words of encouragement on there. You will look amazing and I am so excited for you!
You are going to look FABULOUS IN THE DRESS.
I am so happy for you will pray a special prayer for you ... You are going to look so much better and have so much confidence...can't wait until my day comes!!!! Good luck
It looks like you are really losing a lot of weight, congrats! I wish I would have lost more before my surgery. Keep the motivation, it will be well worth it!
luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh by the way I ordered the hcg drops today ... How is that going?
You are doing the right thing because you are doing it for the right reason .. God will be with you and you will do just fine ... I so want to be in your shoes right now but financially I can't ...I need a TT for the same reasons .. I am praying for you and me:) can't wait to see the new you!!!!
I think the working out and gaining muscle is so so good! No matter what you do, the belly will be there, and thats why you are having the TT anyway!! :) Great job on the weight loss, and I cant wait to see your after pics!!!
Thank you! It crazy because you think my tummy would look a bit smaller with losing weight and working out so hard but it hasnt changed a bit. My hubby and friends say my face, chest and legs look smaller but the belly is just hanging on...literally. I cant wait to hear all about our journey too. You are 5 weeks before me :)
I am so excited for you.. You will do great and 13 lbs is incredible way to go .. You should feel so proud of your accomplishments .. I can't wait until I am where you are !!!!
i am so excited for you!!! and the 13 pounds that is awsome!!..you will do find, you are really bless to have family that is supporting you like your parents..i am so happy for you
8 lbs that's amazing I started ww and lost 4 lbs first week but 8 is even better. I have been working out jog/walk for 2 miles a day. Can you please send me the website regarding the hcg drops. Also what was the total cost of your TT.
http://www.healthyhcg.com/ there is the wesbsite for the drops. The tt for me was $7,200 and i will get $100 off that i spend on my consult.
Ok thanks for the information. I will stay in touch , good luck and God bless
Best of luck to you too. And blessings to you as well :)
Wow I like the fact that he uses pain pumps ... I will start consultations myself soon my budget is set at 6000 really can't afford any more than that so please let me know what quotes you are getting for the cost
Hey Katie I am also going through the weight loss journey before my Tt did the hcg drops work for you ?
Hi there! My husband and I just started the diet yesterday, it is very hard but i am hoping it works. I will keep ya posted ;)