4 months postop

I'm 25 and have always been bothered by my nose....

I'm 25 and have always been bothered by my nose. It has a hump and a wide bridge. In some pictures it looks like Mr. Potato Head, where it's like a triangle from head-on. Not good. I always am self-conscious with pictures too because I have to try and angle my head at a way where my nose doesn't look gigantic. I finally researched and found a doctor I really trust so schedule the surgery for March! Wish it was sooner but I needed more time to save up for it. My husband is really supportive, saying he doesn't think I need it but if it will make me feel better and if I want to do it then I should. I've only told my parents, sister and a couple friends. I think my mom is a little nervous that I won't look like "me" anymore but I told her what the doctor told me: This sin't a way to completely change your looks, it's just an improvement of the nose you already have. Also, I've read that a lot of times people who don't know what you had done sometimes don't even notice. One friend said I shouldn't do it, but everyone else has been supportive. The countdown has begun!

You're getting closer! A month and a half. How are you feeling about everything?

Are you seeing Dr Parfitt in Middleton? I'm consulting with him in 2 days :) good luck!
Yes! He gave me a few different computer images with different options so we could see which one looked best. And one of his assistants actually had a rhinoplasty done that was performed by him so i got to see a "real life" example. Let me know how it goes!

Feeling guilty about the cost I'm paying for...

Feeling guilty about the cost I'm paying for something I don't need, thinking about all the bills we could get paid off with the money. Feeling down about it
Yes I noticed they were switched! :) Have you had the surgery yet? Who's your dr? Thanks for sharing your story!
Nope, the surgery is on March 14th and I have my pre-op appt in a couple weeks to go over last-minute details. My doctor is Dr. Parfitt in Middleton, WI. Out of all the docs I researched I liked his before/after pics the best and after the consultation really have confidence in him. He looks at it with such an artistic eye which I really liked
I've felt the same way as you have! I've definitely had my ups and downs throughout this process but what made me decide to go through with the surgery is that I can finally forget about my nose and stop being self-conscious. Ultimately it's your choice and if it's going to be too financially difficult if you had the surgery, there will be time in the future. Have a relaxing bath and take your mind off it for a little bit :)

Only one more week! I'm getting really excited,...

Only one more week! I'm getting really excited, gotta make a list of things I still need...frozen peas, ziploc bags, Tylenol PM, one of those round neck pillows, and straws. In my pre-op instructions it said to eat soft foods for a while, any suggestions? I'm thinking yogurt and mashed potatoes will get old fast...also my doc said not to brush my upper teeth for a week with a toothbrush, rather to use my finger (gross) or a thin washcloth. What have other people used? I just want the day to finally be here!!!!
Good luck with your surgery today!! Im so jealous ;) Im only 6 days away mtself but it feels like its foreverrr away! Im so excited for you!!
Only a few more days away!!! I bet you are getting excited :) I hear you about the money part too.. I feel the same way... but you do have to keep telling yourself that it's ok to spend money on YOU sometimes :)
Yes so excited! I just want it to be the day of the surgery, then fast forward to the day I get the splint off haha

Had surgery this morning via IV sedation. Got to...

Had surgery this morning via IV sedation. Got to the surgery center, dr parfitt took some more pictures, we went over the final decision and then headed to the OR. They started me on sedation meds and after a couple of minutes I could feel my whole body drifting off. Then he started injecting neerles to numb the area. I could feel them but by then was sedated enough to not care. I was awake for part of the procedure, like I would be dreaming then wake up and say "who is this guy in my face?" Lol then realized where I was and drifted off again. I felt some hammering (felt like it anyway), not sure if that was them breaking the nose? Anyway, afterwards they walked me back to my room and helped me cover eyes with peas and put on a drip pad. They sent me home with bacitracin, q tips, hydrogen peroxide and all supplies ill need. I have no pain! Took Tylenol at around 3-ish and going to take some Tylenol PM in a little bit to sleep better. They gave me pain meds but I don't want to use them unless absolutely necessary. I love the profile so far, too soon to tell obviously but there's no more bump!
Looks to me like your nose is going to turn out nicely!
Do you love your new profile?? I DO!! :) It's great! So IV sedation huh?? I've so far been dead set against it but it seems as though all of the surgeons I"m seriously considering are offering it so I dont know... we shall see!! It sounds like you didn't have too horrible of an experience with it so that is good to hear! I hope you have a quick and speedy recovery but it looks like you are off to a good start!! :)
Hey congrats on making it through surgery! I hope you're feeling well now. I can't wait to see the results! :)

Got my sutures out today, I can barely tell they...

Got my sutures out today, I can barely tell they were even there except for one spot! Little by little closer to getting the cast off. Bruising is going away, some yellowish and a little purple area below my eyes. Surprisingly I never had any pain, although the breathing out of my mouth was torture enough. It's hard to get to sleep at night because my mouth gets so dry and I'm used to sleeping on my stomach. I'm loving my side profile now, a little disappointed that the tip will drop as it continues to heal as I love its position right now!
I can't wait to see your results! I'm also super jealous at how little swelling you seem to have in your pics - and any you do have is not really noticeable to me, clearly lol For so soon into recovery, you look amazing haha I wish I'd looked as gorgeous during my recovery hahahaha. It's only going to get better from here, so you sure did luck out!!!
Thanks so much! :)
Thanks!! :) I'm loving it. The IV sedation didn't bother me at all, but it is a big factor to consider when choosing your surgeon!

Just got my cast off and I LOVE IT! Even with the...

Just got my cast off and I LOVE IT! Even with the swelling (and the doc said there is more of that to come lol). The cast removal didnt hurt, but I was tense anticipating that it WOULD hurt. Off to lunch with my husband to celebrate!!
wow! great results. congratulations!
Um WOW you are sooo lucky to have such a camera-ready frontal shot, so soon out! Perfect result :)
Looks really good!

I'm 3.5 weeks post op and still feeling good! I am...

I'm 3.5 weeks post op and still feeling good! I am pressing and holding certain parts of my nose every day like the surgeon said. The biggest annoyance is my skin! At first my nose was peeling when I got the cast off so I washed it with some scrub for oily skin but then it over-dried it so now my nose and cheeks are super dry and gross. My nose only hurts when I do the pressing but otherwise is fine. The skin where he cut in between the nostrils is still a little numb but from what I've read it sounds like that gradually goes away. I'm really happy with my surgeon, he did exactly what he said he was going to do. I still have some swelling in the tip and on the sides I can see some days my nose looks crooked from the front view but after I do the pressing and contouring it looks straight again, and the bone is straight but as the swelling changes so does the appearance. All in all very happy with the results!
Wow your hardly swollen looks great congrats :)
Hey looking great! Can you post some front and side views of you smiling? My nose is long like yours was and seems to "point down" when I smile. I am wondering what it looks like with a smile now that you have had surgery. Can you please post some photos so I can see the front and side view smiling? Thank you!
You look fantastic, congratulations!

4 months post op

4 months post op and still loving it! I can notice subtle changes that I'm sure nobody else can, like sometimes from the front it looks more refined than other times. The part of skin in between the nostrils (where he cut) still feels weird if I touch it but not much and it's slowly going away.

One more pic 4 monts PO

oh my goshh I love your new nose! suits your face perfectly and looks so natural
Great results! Congrats.
Wow, one of the most perfect results i've seen! Congrats!!
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon