Mini Tummy, Liposuction, Breast Reduction, Lift and Augmentation Oh My! - Michigan

I am 2 weeks post op, I am feeling pretty good....

I am 2 weeks post op, I am feeling pretty good. The first week I cried trying to even move, and I repeatedly regretted it. I am feeling much better now and I know it will all be worth it in a few short weeks. I decided to have the surgery because I had a lumpectomy, which is where two large masses were removed from my right breast. After my lumpectomy I was close too 2 full cup sizes different.

I also have a 8 year old son and I go to the gym 5 days a week unfortunately couldn't get rid of the baby fat so I decided to have the works done. The only advice I can give to someone having an extensive procedure done is, make sure you have things to do while your suck at home, I have been going nuts sometimes maybe a tad bit depressed, I know it sounds ridiculous. Expect to be in a whole lot of pain the first week, it was no walk in the park.

Make sure someone is with you that first week, my boyfriend had to call off work a few days cause I couldn't do a thing on my own. Since the surgery I have had a issue with my left nipple not properly healing and it really had me concerned. The skin around my breast was not attaching properly and was too weak to stitch, my Dr. said if he were to stitch it the skin would tear. I now have to let it heal on its own and hope it dont have to be fixed because that will be a very big inconvenience but I will do what ever is necessary.

Over all I am happy with my decision and I love my surgeon, I have 7 people I know have had similar work with beautiful results. The drain tube was very uncomfortable and made showering even more difficult. I cannot wait to get out of my compression garment, I will never look at crotchless panties the same again lol, but I believe this garment has a purpose, and I have faith in the fact that my doctor knows best lol. Good luck to anyone who is preparing, It will be worth it. I will upload a before picture of my breast but I am going to wait until my nipple heals to do a after picture. Hope this helps.

Dr. Bruce Chau

I am very pleased with my doctor, from the time of my consult I knew I wanted him to perform the surgery, he took almost an hour with me for my consult alone. He explained what he thought should be done, why and how. He really cares about his patients and I am very pleased with him. I am however a bit displeased about the healing of my nipple but he has no control over how my body heals so I cannot blame him, as long as he is willing to fix it if necessary.

Thank you for sharing with us here on RealSelf. I'm sorry your nipple isn't healing as well as the rest of you. If you'd like, you can try posting a doctor question here and see if you get some informative responses. If you ask a question be sure to add a photo.

I'll be looking forward to your updates!