25 Yo Lower Bleph, Great Results! - Michigan

I am a 25 year old male in Michigan and I have...

I am a 25 year old male in Michigan and I have inherited baggy and dark lower eye lids from my Mom. I have been told many times, as I am sure you have too, by my friends that I look tired or sleepy, even when I wasn't. Looking in the mirror every day was a drag because I looked pretty unhealthy with those dark baggy looking eyes.

I went to see a great local plastic surgeon and we clicked right away, I have been studying this type of surgery for several years up to that point so I understood everything he was telling me and I felt comfortable with that. I also explained to the Dr that I wanted a minimal impact procedure - conservative but with results and he agreed with me.

I do not know yet how much skin he took off yet but I do know that he did not take any of the fat out simply because I didnt have enough and my eyes already appeared shallow with little baggage if that makes sense. Anyway, today is my day #3 including surgery day, which was a breeze since I was under general. I am on the computer now wearing sunglasses and doing pretty good, never had any pain and very mild discomfort.

I have not even looked in the mirror yet because I dont want to make any fast judgments, I know that recovery can take weeks and corrections if necessary are always available. There are risks in anything you do in life, if you cant make peace with what is about your appearance (like I couldn't) then go talk to your plastic Dr. I will update on my progress every few days, I have a follow up app in 5 days from today.

By the way my friend is telling me that it is already looking pretty good so I am very excited, I actually can't believe that I even went for the surgery because of my age, but it is something I ve been wanting to do for a while now. Last though on this first update - I had pretty bad swelling the next day after surgery but its better by more than 50% now and it will get better each day, I do sleep inclined and on my back to help the swelling. I feel greatful.

Kalamazoo Plastic Surgeon

very intelligent and careful, pays attention to detail and really listens

I had the same issue as you and heard the same comments. I wear glasses so it did hide my eyes. I had my surgery at 49 and im very happy. What a change to my life!!. Just not having to hear "you look tired" was worth the cost. Awesome you did it at 25, wish i would have!

Hi there. Could you post before and after photos? I am in a similar position to yourself so would like to see what can be achieved with good results from a real person. Thanks